• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me Identify this card

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    I bought a few packs today after about a year of not collecting, and pulled this from a Platinum: Arceus Pack

What is it/ its name? ive searched far and wide on the internet for "Blank holo" "Mirror holo", and cant find it anywhere!

i cant post a picture of it because of the forum 15 post min limit to like offsite, shucks
    anyway, it is a blank hologram card with swirls and sparkles on it, no writing, no nothing

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Or keep it as it might be worth some money to someone who thinks it's neat :P Unless you really want another card that somebody else has. Then mail it in.

Years
  • Sounds like a card misprinted and the holo sheet went through without being printed on. I'd mail it to your regional office for The Pokemon Company (Nintendo's name for its Pokemon operations).

Forgot to add that you would want to say that you received it in a pack instead of your foil/rare.

Did you get a card in the pack that had a star for it's rarity symbol?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    i appreciate the correspondence, i PM'd you the pic Blue, I'd appreciate if you copied it over in the thread. Thanks!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    well since he hasn't posted the pic PM the pic to me, ill make sure it goes up

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I very much recommend that you keep that card. No matter what the card was supposed to be, it will be worth more as a blank misprint than as a regular holofoil. There are very few of these misprints out there, and very little information regarding them, which makes them that more desirable to have.

Years
  • I very much recommend that you keep that card. No matter what the card was supposed to be, it will be worth more as a blank misprint than as a regular holofoil. There are very few of these misprints out there, and very little information regarding them, which makes them that more desirable to have.

I'd take the serious collector's advice (Rocket_Executive) over the casual collector-player hybrid's advice (me).

EDIT: Here's his picture of the card:

Definitely a misprint. Keep it, like Rocket_Executive said.

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    he just sent me the picture and i'll post it anyways like I said I would even though Dona did it anyways dona <.<

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I love these cards, they're so odd and unique. I'm not exactly sure how they are printed like this, but I would think it was just a sheet that went through the press without anything being printed on them, and then being randomly dispersed into packages like regular cards are. If that's the case, then it's even luckier to find a holographic one.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • That.... is so.... pretty!!!!!!!!

okay, girl moment over.

I suggest you keep it, because you have a totally unique card at your disposal to make people jealous of, but hey, it's your choice.

And yes, I have never seen a card that is more misprinted than this

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
    Years
  • I got one just like it, but it was completely blank and not shiny. I dont know if it was supposed to be like that or not, because I got it in a Diamond and Pearl deck and I had every other card...

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    hahaha thats insane, never seen anything like it... could be worth a lot of money, I personally would pay you 25$ for that card... some collectors will pay you much more though.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I love that card. I have a few misprints, or had. I traded them off when I was younger for a bunch of EX's. But I regret that now, especially my holo foil one, although yours looks better, mine was full of circles. I would personally, pay you £20 for that misprint, but as said above, colectors would pay you much much more. I wouldn't trade it or sell it though, I would keep it and admire it. It can make loads of people jealous. I know at least ten who'd give anything for it.

Back