• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help Me Make My Pokemon Team!

Garchompo

Flying Dragon Shark!
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Recently, I've been playing a lot of Soul Silver, but I have one problem: My team isn't complete. It would help if you could choose a Pokemon from the choices and/or make a moveset for my other Pokemon. Also, you can come up with a name for my Garchomp, but I'll probably make it up myself.

Pokemon on my team already:
    Feraligatr (Frost) Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Ice Fang
    Dragonite (Draco) Moves: Thunder, Surf, Rock Smash, Flamethrower
    Aggron (Arrow) Moves: (?)
    Crobat (Crow) Moves: (?)
    Garchomp (?) Moves: (?)

Choices for 6th Pokemon:
    Alakazam
    Gengar
    Starraptor
    Tyranitar
    Luxray

Thanks for stopping by!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    With Garchomp you basically wanna roll with Dragon Claw and Earthquake, as those are solid STAB moves. The other two moveslots can be stuff like a physical Rock attack, Swords Dance, a Fire attack, etc.

Surf is kind of unnecessary on both Dragonite and Feraligatr; removing it on one of them allows you to free up a moveslot on the other and stick in some important coverage or support move or even another needed HM.

Out of the Pokemon on your list for the 6th slot, I'd roll with Luxray. A good Water type with a good Ice attack will likely give you trouble so having something for that would be good, especially since you'll fight quite a few Water 'mons on your journey.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    well...your first five pokemon are all near the top of the list for powerhouses in the game that arent legendary.

For your 6th pokemon id choose Alakazam out of the ones you have listed. All the other ones are too similar to what you already have in your team.

As far as your movesets go there's a lot i would change.

Feraligator- ditch surf and whirlpool. surf doesnt suits its stats and whirlpool is weak.
    -ice fang/blizzard, waterfall/aqua tail, Superpower/thrash/crunch, earthquake

Dragonite- replace rock smash with outrage or dragon claw. basically just give him whatever moves that are effective against the types your team seems to lack in.
    -roost, Thunder, outrage, fire blast for basics. maybe blizzard too depending.

Aggron- stone edge, dragon rush/claw/outrage, focus blast, iron tail

Crobat- MAYBE confusion ray, air slash/brave bird, toxic, facad (mean and fun)
    - or confusion ray, air slash, giga impact, double team (mean and fun)
    - or confusion ray, air slash, sludge bomb, steel wing
    Garchomp- earthquake/dig, dragon claw/rush/outrage, crunch, sword dance/fire blast
    Alakazam- recover, psychic, shadowball/energyball, focus blast/hyper beam/?

IDK...its hard to decide what moves to take until one plays the team and notices the holes in the teams all around moveset. watch out for ice pokemon and other dragons.

Back