• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me stop these baton pass teams.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    As the title suggests, I need help beating baton pass teams. I hate them, and people that use them more than anything. I've tried using a prankster taunter, didn't work, haze quagsire couldn't get the job done. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dethklok8

Shiny_Charizard
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    From what I've read, a Roar Aggron is nice to have. Roar makes your opponent switch out which can trip up the baton pass team. Give it Focus Punch to take down Smeargle and Substitute to block Spore and Ingrain. It can also learn Thunder which is good against Baton Pass teams.

I've also read Perish Song is a good move to use too. It either forces the opponent to switch out or let their Pokemon faint. It gets passed on with Baton Pass which is awesome too. Just watch out for Ingrain though or your Pokemon will faint in the process too.

Those are the two best strategies I've read about. Baton Pass teams are really tricky and even these strategies don't guarantee a win. Good luck!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    From what I've read, a Roar Aggron is nice to have. Roar makes your opponent switch out which can trip up the baton pass team. Give it Focus Punch to take down Smeargle and Substitute to block Spore and Ingrain. It can also learn Thunder which is good against Baton Pass teams.

I've also read Perish Song is a good move to use too. It either forces the opponent to switch out or let their Pokemon faint. It gets passed on with Baton Pass which is awesome too. Just watch out for Ingrain though or your Pokemon will faint in the process too.

Those are the two best strategies I've read about. Baton Pass teams are really tricky and even these strategies don't guarantee a win. Good luck!

Aggron sucks because its awful (its also slower than Smeargle so gets Spored) and no Baton Pass team goes without Magic Bounce, Soundproof, Taunt or a combo of all of those but P-Song is fine.

Mold Breaker Roar/Whirlwind bypasses Magic Bounce/Soundproof.

Ghost type curse is cool too. Strips 25% of their health off per turn, it also bypasses sub.

Also i fail to see why Haze Quagsire didnt work lol.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Leading with a Perish Song user can guarantee a delay in their boosts, and if they have no Soundproof user then it's bad news for them. Having a Perish Song user in general is useful, along with Unaware Haze Quagsire. Mold Breaker Roar (notable users: Druddigon, Gyarados-Mega, Haxorus, Rampardos) / Whirlwind (Rampardos) can be used as well, but should be wary of Taunt especially if the BP team already has a few Speed boosts.

Substitute to block Spore and Ingrain.
    Uhm, why would you need to block Ingrain? It doesn't affect you unless you're the one who used it.

Years
    im gonna be like every other smogon hater and say its as simple as this:

"full baton pass isnt broken just use haze quagsire"

now im gonna be serious

haze quagsire gets outstalled. smogon are currently suspecting full bp. it needs a nerf.

Back