• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2012
    I had a Machop and I trained it till lieve 16 then traded it to a guy in the game for abra in Oreburg city.
    I trained abra to level 17 and he didnt learn confusion :(
    What do I do? Will it learn confusion at level 16? Or I messed up? What should I do?
    I am new to D and P

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen today
    Did you let your abra evolve at lvl 16 or 17 because kadabra learns confusion on 16.
    And abra doesn't learn anything by leveling up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2012
    It was a level 16 abra I trained it to 17 so it would evolve and it did not learn confusion :(
    I traded it to a kid in the game at Orebory city for a machop level 16

Years
    Unfortunately you've lost the chance for your Kadabra to learn Confusion, as you evolved it after the level which it learns the move (which is level 16). The next offensive psychic move your Pokémon will learn is Psybeam at level 24 if that helps.

(By the way, you can re-teach your Kadabra Confusion later in the game, though it's not really relevant to your question.)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    So I am doomed with a kadabra that only knows teleport? :(

You aren't exactly doomed. Since you are so early in the game I would suggest just catching another Abra on Route 203, then grinding it to level 16 so that it will evolve and learn Confusion as a Kadabra.

Years
    You aren't exactly doomed. Since you are so early in the game I would suggest just catching another Abra on Route 203, then grinding it to level 16 so that it will evolve and learn Confusion as a Kadabra.

Alternatively, you can leave it out at the front of your party and let it level up 8 more levels until it learns Psybeam at level 24. It may sound a bit arduous, but Kadabra will receive a boost in the experience it gains, since you received it in a trade.

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
    If you really want for it to learn confusion then waste 1 heart scale and let it re-learn its level-up moves which is Confusion.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As said, Pokemon will only learn the move at the level they are meant to, not after (otherwise for every time you level a Pokemon it'll ask you about all those moves you decided for it not to learn and that'd just be messy). As said, you'd have to either try another Abra and make sure it evolves at level 16, or wait it out with Kadabra until it learnsa another move, or use a Heart Scale via the Move Relearner in the 5th gym town. The last option? Teach it a TM move - it can learn a few so see if there's any you do not mind using on it.

If you have any other questions, please ask them in the Help thread sticky which is at the top of this section. Answered, so closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back