• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Help! My game just got all mixed up!

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
    Ok, I've had yellow for years now, but I dont think that is why it mucked up. I dont think its missingno ether, because I havent seen one never mind caught one. And it is not my game boy advance SP because every other game works fine on it. Heres a few examples of whats happining:

1) All my pokemon have all got names like ?????? or no name at all.
    2) Some are level 0. And some are over lv100 but when I take them out of the PC they are back to ether lv 0 or normal.
    3) When I try to withdraw them the screen sometimes just goes blank.
    4) Sometimes when I try to view the pokemon's summary while it is in the PC the screen goes blank and the GBA plays the pokeflute tune-(quite funny really-lol!)
    5) Sometimes the pictures of the pokemon go all fuzzy and mixed up - especially when I turn and talk to Chou-my pikachu.

So any ideas of why this is happening? Has this happened to anyone else?

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
    I dont think I cheated on it ever...but I completed it once and thats where the problem started. I remember! The first ever sign of it being mixed up was when my Butterfree got to lv 100. A short while after that the game started again! I was really upset! But then, after the second time it started again...the weird things started to happen....

Recknin

Banned
    Years
    that happend to someone else,u tried to clone a pokemon and then got it to L100 and changed it movesets,that what hapend to ma pal but he tried to clone missigno

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    That happened to my brother's Yellow Version, Jake... it died. ._. *sigh*

And Crystal... Mystery Gift made it go mental. I had to restart. >_>

And cloning... apparently... can be quite dangerous for the game... if you succeed, you have a clone, if ya don't... bye-bye data... happened to me several times X_X;

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I have heard that if you play the game for over a year then your game will die...I traded my friend my yellow for his silver..So that must mean.....UH-OH.He want's the game back!!But I'm here and he's in dominican republic.MUAHAHAHAHHA.

I think my game was doing that sort.My blue was acting all glitchy.Everytime I get into a house it starts doing the screeches for Missing.No. when he appearsi in yellow.That scared me alot.I always get goosebumps when hearing that screech.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    i left mine in the washing machine once
    and all my pokemon were charizards at lvl 99
    the couldnt go to 100
    then i got mad and threw it and the pokemon turned into Raichu's
    true story i swear

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    Batesymon, QT Plusle, where did you store your cardtridges before you began to play them again? Any dust inside the cartridge?

I've been luckier *knock wood*. I left my Red lying untouched on my bedside table for about six months, during that time water was spilt on it countless times, dust was collecting inside and around the cartridge, and it had formerly been my glitching "crash test" cartridge. It has been turned off while saving since I got it. I popped it into my GBC (connecting the pins wrong a couple of times before it clicked) and turned it on. Everything was just as I had saved it 6 months ago.

It@chi Bl@st

Lone Trainer
    Years
    My gold version just died last month. It's been 5 years since I played that game. It's because it is old and I might as well buy a new gold version.:(

Back