• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help My Team.Need SERIOUS HELP!!

Years
    Serious help is needed,so please help me out.

Sceptile(LV.63)
    Grass
    A-Overgrow
    Miracle Seed

(Same Format)
    HP-176
    Atk-138
    Def-108
    Sp ATK-151
    Sp. D-116
    Speed-175

Leaf Blade
    False Swipe
    Giga Drain
    Strenght
    ------
    Aggron(Lv.53)
    Steel/Rock
    Sturdy
    Nevermeltice

Iron Tail
    Metal Claw
    Ice Beam
    Headbutt
    ------
    Magnaton(LV.54)
    Electric/Steel
    Magnet Pull
    None

Tri Attack
    Thunder Wave
    Spark
    Thunder
    --------------
    Camerupt(LV.50)
    Fire/Ground
    Magma Armor
    None

Overheat
    Earthquake
    Ember
    Eruption
    ----------
    Wailord(LV.47)
    Water
    Water Veil
    None

Surp
    Waterfall
    Dive
    Water Spout
    ------
    Pelipper(LV.46)
    Water/Flying
    Keen Eye
    None

Fly
    Water Pulse
    Steel Wing
    Wing Attack
    -----

Please can you help,and give me tips.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Okay, here are some tips that I give to a lot of people:

-Never give a Pokemon two attacking moves of the same type. That means choose only one Grass or Electric or Water or whatever type to a Pokemon. If you give a Pokemon two attacks of the same type, you greatly limit its ability to handle other opponents. For instance, you gave your Wailord four Water attakcs. That means it can't do anything to Dragon or Grass Pokemon since they are resistant to your attacks. By giving it attacks of other types, like Ice Beam, you'll be better at handling opponents that you are normally weak against.

-Don't use Wailord or Pelipper. They are such horrible Water Pokemon with bad stats. There are much better Water types such as Milotic, Starmie, Kingdra, and Ludicolo. Heck, even Tentacruel and Walrein are better choices.

-Don't tell us your Pokemon's stats. It's not very helpful since we already have a general idea of what Pokemon have what stats. We already know that Sceptile is fast or that Aggron has good Defense, so posting stats is unnecessary. The only stat-related things you should post are EVs. Don't know what EVs are? Read about them here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64755

-Is this Emerald? Or is it just R/S? I sure hope its Emerald, since a lot of the moves I'm suggesting can only be obtained through Emerald move tutors.

PKMN Nick said:
    Serious help is needed,so please help me out.

Sceptile(LV.63)
    Grass
    A-Overgrow
    Leftovers

Leaf Blade
    Substitute
    Thunderpunch
    Focus Punch

Leaf Blade is the only good move on there. All the others suck and Giga Drain is unneccesary since Leaf Blade is stronger. Substitute and Thunderpunch are both found in Emerald and both very helpful. Substitute blocks status and Thunderpunch takes care of those Flying Pokemon that you're weak against.
    Focus Punch is basically Sceptile's only non-breeding move that's actually useful. I doubt you'd want to breed for a new Treecko to learn Leech Seed or Endeavor, so Focus Punch works fine.

------
    Aggron(Lv.53)
    Steel/Rock
    Sturdy
    Leftovers

Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Thunder Wave

Never give Aggron special attacks like Ice Beam. You've seen how bad it's Special Attack is. There's no need for an ice-attack. Aggron is purely physical and needs attacks like Earthquake and Rock Slide. Thunder Wave is also good since it compensates Aggron's low speed.

Magnaton(LV.54)
    Electric/Steel
    Magnet Pull
    Leftovers

Reflect
    Thunder Wave
    Metal Sound
    Thunderbolt

Spark is a weak Electric move and Thunder is too inaccurate for Maggy. The best electric move for it would have to be Thunderbolt. Maggy can't learn much else...Metal Sound is good for doing more damage and Reflect can help you survive an Earthquake...and that's about it.

Camerupt(LV.50)
    Fire/Ground
    Magma Armor
    Choice Band

Overheat
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Explosion

Camerupt is a cool Pokemon, but giving it 3 Fire attacks is a bad idea. It works best with the item called Choice Band, and a bunch of physical moves. Rock Slide for Flying types and Explosion to go out with a bang (and also cause an Exploding camel is hilarious).

Wailord(LV.47)
    Water
    Water Veil
    None

Surp
    Waterfall
    Dive
    Water Spout
    ------
    Pelipper(LV.46)
    Water/Flying
    Keen Eye
    None

Fly
    Water Pulse
    Steel Wing
    Wing Attack
    -----
    Not rating the last two. Get a better Water and Flying type.

I see that 3 of your Pokemon have weaknesses to Ground. If you want to have a good team, you'll have to make sure that you don't have any major weaknesses. 2 Pokemon weak against the same type is okay, but 3 is way too many. I say get rid of Aggron, since it's not a very good Pokemon overall (that 4x weakness to Ground and Fighting ruins it). Replace it with another physical attacker, there's plenty of options – with Heracross being a great choice (plus it's resistant against Ground).

I've said to get a better Water type and Milotic is the best of the bunch since it is so durable and learns Recover. But Starmie is also a good choice for your team.

There are also some options for good Flyers. Salamence, Skarmory, and Dodrio mostly. With Salamence being the best of the

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    try lapras

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Thunderbolt

As you can see, Lapras is a powerful special attacker, and a tough opponent with recover

salamence

Dragon Claw
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt

With these moves, you will be able to KO water, ground, grass, ice, fire, and a couple of more with different moves from different pokemon to back it up.
    also, consider a kings rock or scope lens somewhere in there

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    peabobo said:
    try lapras

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Thunderbolt

As you can see, Lapras is a powerful special attacker, and a tough opponent with recover

Would be even better if it could actually learn Recover. You need to get your facts straight and stop spreading false information, peabobo. <.< The moveset itself is good however, so take a pokémon that can actually learn it...namely, Starmie. It's a great sweeper with high Sp.Attack and Speed. You can get Staryu by fishing in the water around Lilycove City, but it will require a bit of patience. After that, a Water Stone is all you need to evolve it, just be sure to get Recover before you do. ^^
    peabobo said:
    salamence

Dragon Claw
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt

With these moves, you will be able to KO water, ground, grass, ice, fire, and a couple of more with different moves from different pokemon to back it up.
    also, consider a kings rock or scope lens somewhere in there

King's Rock and Scope Lens are pure luck items with such low chances of functioning that they're not worth it. Also, Salamence can't learn Thunderbolt, and its Attack is higher than its Sp.attack, so physical sweeping is the way to go.

For Salamence I'd say

Nature: Adamant/Naughty
    Item: Choice Band
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Earthquake, Aerial Ace, and Rock Slide are all nice, solid physical attacks which, combined with Salamence's high Attack stat and the bonus damage from Choice Band let you do major damage, while Fire Blast or Flamethrower provide you with an edge against those pesky physical walls, particularly Skarmory. Optionally, you could breed in Dragon Dance and go with

Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Dragon Dance
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Rock Slide/Substitute

Dragon Dance up a few times and you'll be able to outspeed and one-hit KO the most, Fire Blast or Flamethrower are once again there to deal with physical walls, Rock Slide if you want to go solely with physical moves and if you can time it right, Substitute will provide you cover for Dragon Dancing. ^^

Dodrio is also good, and definitely a Choice Bander, something along the lines of

Nature: Adamant
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    Double-Edge/Return
    Quick Attack/Sleep Talk

Quick Attack requires breeding, but it's great for stopping Revers and Flailers in their tracks, while Sleep Talk lets your Dodrio fight even while it's asleep. The rest are just hard-hitting physical moves. Drill Peck does considerable damage with STAB and Dodrio's high Attack, Steel Wing helps against Rock types, and Double-Edge and Return also enjoy STAB along with high powers. Double Edge is stronger, but it also deals recoil damage to Dodrio so it's not as good for longer battles. Your choice there.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Milotic...

Nature: Bold/Modest
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Mirror Coat/Hypnosis/Toxic
    Recover

Pretty simple, straightforward set. Surf and Ice Beam because they are the only proper damaging moves that Milotic can learn and Recover to shrug off damage, works wonders with Milotic's Sp.Defense stat. For the final moves, Hypnosis and Mirror Coat require breeding, while Toxic is gained by TM. Myself, I prefer Mirror Coat since it puts a serious hurt on Electric types and any other special attackers trying to KO Milotic. Hypnosis is generally popular as it lets you incapacitate the opponent for a while, providing cover for a switch or for KOing the opponent with Surf/Ice Beam. Finally, you can use Toxic to wither away your opponent's HP while using Recover to keep damage away from your Milotic. All three choices are quite efficient, so it's up to you.

As for Heracross, I'd say

Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Guts/Swarm
    Moves:
    Megahorn
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake/Sleep Talk

Basically just piling up a bunch of hard-hitting physical moves to take advantage of Heracross' considerably Attack stat. For the last move, Sleep Talk is there as an option so that you can switch in on an opponent using Sleep inducing moves and cause some extra damage. Focus Punch is also a possibility for the last move, but since the game AI acts in such painfully random ways, I wouldn't suggest that. As for the trait...both have their advantages. I'd suggest one with Guts, especially if you go for Sleep Talk, since that way status effects will only increase your power (Or in the case of Burn, keep it constant), but Swarm can have its moments too, and since it's ingame you can't always be too picky with traits.

Another possible set would be
    Trait: Guts
    Nature: Adamant/Impish
    Moves:
    Megahorn
    Brick Break/Rock Slide
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Standard stalker set made to take advantage of the 'Guts' trait. Guts gives +50% Attack while your pokémon is affected by any status ailment, and Sleep Talk lets you attack while your asleep, soo...putting those two together is a recipe for serious butt kicking. Sleep Talk is a bit unreliable with this (Since you do have the chance of getting Rest from it) but the set is still very effective overall. The addition of Rest combined with Heracross' formidable HP and Defense also lets it hold its own for a long time, I'd actually reccomend this set for ingame play. ^^ For the two damaging moves...Megahorn is a must because of its insane power coupled with STAB. Brick Break is the second strongest option (Since it also enjoys STAB) and lets you break down Reflects that would par down the damage, but Rock Slide is also an option since it provides you some cover from Heracross' Fire and Flying weaknesses. Your choice.

And those would be the good, solid standard sets as I recall them. There's also a rever set for Hera, but that requires Salac berries to work, which makes it a pain ingame so I won't bother to list it here. ^^

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Seems my brother forgot to add one of those commonly used Hera sets, so I'll just do that for him:

Trait: Guts
    Nature: Adamant/Impish/Jolly
    - Megahorn/Earhquake/Rock Slide
    - Brick Break/Earthquake/Rock Slide
    - Rock Slide/Earthquake/Sleep Talk
    - Swords Dance

This set basicaly takes advantage of Hera's awesome attack stat and its ability to learn Swords Dance. Impish nature will allow it to stay in battle a little longer against all those pesky physical attackers. Jolly nature will allow Hera to outspeed more Pokémon and if you want even more attack power, go with Adamant. As for the moves, you basicaly pick whatever you want there, depending on what types you want more coverage for, Swords Dance to boost Hera's attack, while Brick Break and Megahorn take advantage of Hera's STAB bonus for those types. Rock Slide takes care of Fire and Flying types (if you can outspeed them that is) and Earthquake takes care of Fire types as well. I prefer Rock Slide, though. And finally, Sleep Talk to abuse Hera's Guts trait and to lol at Breloom and practicaly anything else that uses Spore/Hypnosis/Sleep Powder.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    don't forget Focus punch as an option over sleeptalk on heracross's CB set.

Actually, I mentioned that one in my comments. I just figured that it's not a very good idea for an ingame set since the AI is, to put it bluntly, completely stupid at times, making prediction very tricky.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Dragon Dance
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Rock Slide/Substitute

Dragon Dance up a few times and you'll be able to outspeed and one-hit KO the most, Fire Blast or Flamethrower are once again there to deal with physical walls, Rock Slide if you want to go solely with physical moves and if you can time it right, Substitute will provide you cover for Dragon Dancing. ^^

Dragon Dancing with CB is lol. Use Leftovers.

Back