• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help Needed for Pokemon Fire Red: How to get the cheat-codes working ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Hello Poke maniacs....

Well, I have been looking through the forums....and its awesome....But....I would like to ask....How to enter game shark codes in the Visual Boy Advanced v1.7.0. I tried putting it the normal way....but it didn't seem to work. Can anyone explain to be a step by step procedure to enter gameshark codes and get them to work. Moderators/Poke professionals please help me.

Well, about the site...This is an awesome place....Thanks admins/owners for such a wonderful site.

Regards,
    n:CorE

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    For Gameshark codes on the VBA, you do the following:

1. Start your ROM
    2. Go to Cheats > Cheats List > Gameshark
    3. Type in the code given to you in the white box entitled "Code" and click "OK"
    4. Make sure you have the Master Code typed in and enabled as well. Because the GS cheat codes will not run without the Master Code for that particular game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    ^ Well....Thanks for your reply buddy...
    But that method doesn't seem to work....I am using VBA 1.7.2 and i want one of these codes to work...

showthread.php?t=7851

Please please replace the thread code in your browser....i am not allowed to post links...

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Ok sadly Gameshark doesnt on the VBA. SO instead use action replay. Go to Cheats>Cheat List>Gameshark. Add the action replay in the place of the gameshark and there you go! Hope I helped :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Ok, it works for me. use V1.7.2

Cheats>Cheat List>Gameshark>
    First copy the master code, probably there will be four sentences somewhat like this:

^thats just an example

copy paste two lines at a time>>> copy "483924787346
    326487326476" first and paste it and click the Ok button,

And for using other codes like "Wild pokemon" appearance and "Level raiser" there will be only 2 sentences for ex.

Here you have to copy one at a time.

Back