• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help needed for Pokemon Rumble-like GameMaker Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

t7fu8

Casual Game Developer
    Years
    Hello my name's Gabriel (aka t7fu8) and I'm currently developing a game for the pc using GameMaker.
    This post is about a certain aspect of the game: the moves (or attacks).

Some things about the gameplay:
    The gameplay is something unique, it is a combination of the Pokemon Rumble series and the MysteryDungeon one with a new touch to make it pc friendly.

The case:
    Since the game is using Pokemon Conquest sprites, it will have a total number of 200 Pokemon. And since the game isn't using any starter-kit and it's scripted from scratch by me, adding elements such as attacks specific Pokemon have is a pain.View attachment 64815
    (There are currently 104 attacks in the game.)

This is where you come to the play:
    The game uses an INI file to find if specific attacks can be tough to certain Pokemon and it uses the following format:
    Code:
    Ember -> Charmander Charmeleon Charizard Chimchar Monferno Infernape etc...
    As you can see from the above, there is the name of the attack (Ember) then some blank space, and then an arrow (->) which tells the program that after this arrow there are the names of the Pokemon, again some blank space and finally the names of the Pokemon.
    It is important that the attacks are written in this format, or else the game wont be able to read it.
    Also note that moves that have 2 words (ex. Shadow Ball) are written without the space (ShadowBall).

In the spoiler box is the list of the Pokemon available in Pokemon Conquest which will be added to the game. (The game currently contains 44 pokemon so don't think it's empty.)
    Spoiler:

In the spoiler box bellow are the moves (attacks) I need you to make into the format I showed you above:
    Spoiler:

More attacks will be added as time passes.
    (When you make the attack into the format I want you too please let me know so I can then delete it from the list.)

How you can contribute:
    • First select a move from the list above
    • Use a website that provides an "attack dex" such as Serebii or PokemonDB (sorry for referring to other websites if you think that's a problem please tell me and I'll remove them ASAP)
    • Use the list with the Pokemon that is provided above to find which Pokemon are suitable to learn the attack
    • Write the attack you selected in the format described above and post it either as a .txt file, a pm or just as a plain reply to this topic.

All in all the game is 65% close to completion and since I don't have a team, it's hard for me to import graphics/sounds, do the mapping, scripting and all those things which are needed in order to make the game completed.

So this is why I ask you to help me out if you are interested in my project.

Here are some bonus screenshots (and probably the only ones I'll post):
    View attachment 64812 As you can see in this screenshot every attack has it's own animation.
    View attachment 64813The game also contains condition/stat-changing moves such as Toxic, Growl etc
    View attachment 64814Here's a screenshot of Lucario using Aura Sphere!
    View attachment 64824A Gyarados toy appeared!

Please note that:
    • All the above images are not concept art, they are actual game-play screenshots cropped in order to hide several features which will be show at the final version of the game.
    • The game will only be released when it is complete, I wont bother making a demo since such action will make the possess of development slower
    • This topic is only about the way you can contribute to the game, not a critic and suggestion topic
    • I won't describe the gameplay in any way (everything I want you to know is already posted)
    • DO NOT ask for a release date, videos or screenshots
    • Every person who contributes will be placed in the credits
    • You can find my twitter account in my signature and follow me for updates about the move list etc
    • Admins: If you find the place this thread is placed wrong, I apologise and ask you to please move it to the right topic (I was not sure where to post it)

In any case thank you for taking your time and reading this entire post! I hope this project inspires you to help me out with all that stuff! ;)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hey there. Your game looks pretty interesting! But I'm afraid we do not allow recruitment topics here in this section. However you are welcome to post your thread in the Beginner's Showcase, but you'll need to read the rules first. Once you do, and your thread is approved you can add a section about team recruitment to your thread. Good luck with it!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back