• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help on a Good PKMN with Great HP

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I would use Regirock, Blissey, Chansey, or Snorlax.

Probably mainly Blissey because it can learn a vareity of moves.
    Teach it Substitute and you've technically won the match.
    At level 100, it has up to about 650 HP, problly the highest in the game!
    Its defense isn't half bad and its attack is pretty great.
    I would know, I have one on my team. They are pretty darn fast too.

Hope this helps! :D

did you mean blissey with a good defense & attack!?!?!?!

blissey sucks at attack stat!! lvl. 100 blissey equals 25 max attack!!!!

if you meant snorlax, the defense is pretty breakable, but the attack of snorlax is a killer stat!!!

& all of the pokemon you mentioned are slow....(especially snorlax....)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    & all of the pokemon you mentioned are slow....(especially snorlax....)

Since when have walls been fast?
    But yeah, douger gave some strange advice. Blissey has a pathetic Att and Def, but luckily it's immense HP (Reaching 714) balances the two out. Also, blissey never runs substitute.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    People, this is Generation lll! Stop with the Gliscor, Tangrowth, Gyro Ball.

Don't use Shuckle. Ever. Seismic Toss destroys it.

As for a wall, there are two options: Physical or Special

Some good picks for a physical wall include Forry, Skarm, etc...Basically a high defense steel type. But some special walls like Snorlax or Blissey can function as a physical and special wall, since they both have immense HP and although they don't have high enough Defense, their HP makes up for it.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    hey people im starting up a new team and i need a good hp PKMN to take in heavy hits as i heal my PKMN so what do u guys suggest as a good PKMN with great DEFENCE and HP

Please leave your suggestions of any PKMN that u think is good for that......

TSSK......if you look closely blissey isPURE HP HIGH SP. DEF & VERY SOFT TO PHYSICAL ATTACKS!!!! that goes the same to snorlax-high hp(400+ maximum),high atk,low speed & also a bit weak against physical atks.
    So yeah. :/

aggron is NOT CRAP. it has a higher base defense than registeel, although slow, if used with the right moves may be a killer......
    Yes, Aggron is crap. That's why it got placed in the UU environment. 180 Defense is good, but its typing sucks like hell. And with all the Close Combats/Earthquake running around, Aggron can't physically wall for its life.

wobbuffet has high hp & not good with dark pokemon like tyranitar, if dark pulsed, no effect to the opponent.....
    .....what?

tyranitar has a vareity of excellent moves, if sp. atk raised the best nature is quiet.
    if atk. stat raised, the best nature for it is naughty.
    No, it isn't.
    some people these days.....
    Yes, some people these days. <<;

Really, get some decent knowledge of the metagame beforehand rather than just throwing out faulty logic. 'kay?

Yes, King Tyranitar, I know this is Generation III. I just wanted to see how many "Y3AH!!! H1PP0WD0N R0X!!!1!!" I would get. xD; -bows down to KT- He is the king. >>;

Reactions: .

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Blisseys HP can get as high as about 800. So I use it.

Ha, no. 714 is the highest, but no one does that anymore.

So yeah. :/

Yes, Aggron is crap. That's why it got placed in the UU environment. 180 Defense is good, but its typing sucks like hell. And with all the Close Combats/Earthquake running around, Aggron can't physically wall for its life.

.....what?

No, it isn't.

Really, get some decent knowledge of the metagame beforehand rather than just throwing out faulty logic. 'kay?

Yes, King Tyranitar, I know this is Generation III. I just wanted to see how many "Y3AH!!! H1PP0WD0N R0X!!!1!!" I would get. xD; -bows down to KT- He is the king. >>;

LOL HIPPOWDON. He can't wall, obviously Harden Kakuna. =]

Raikazu rofl.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014

i do agree aggron has 2 ultra eff., weak sp. def but definitely NOT CRAP.
    (use it in the right way..., you will see what i mean.)

.....what?
    duh... wobbuffet uses mirror coat on a dark pokemon that used a dark attack on him, no damage....

No, it isn't.

yes it is,check Psypoke.com
    Other Optional Sets
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Focus Punch
    - Crunch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    naughty Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Hidden Power [Bug]

really, "some" people these days.

"faulty knowledge"?????
    i don't think you know how to uses that term...:\

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Listen dude. Just because something has high Defense doesn't mean it's a good Pokemon. If that was the case, Shuckle would be uber. Aggron has horrible typing for a wall and with it's low speed and tremendous amount of glaring weakneses, it can't even be used as a sweeper. Crap.

Tyranitar cannot be a wall in Gen 3. No SpD boost from the Sandstorm means it's a mediocre tank.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Ahem. No one uses Psypokes for competetive advice anymore. <_<

And I do hope you realize that Adamant is (+Attack, -Sp.Atk), not Naughty. Naughty is (+Attack, -Sp.Def), which is something you wouldn't want to do. So, yeah. Psypokes isn't always right, you know, not even Serebii is. They're just some people behind a computer, except they have a website. >>;

With that said, I hardly doubt you even know how to use Aggron in the right way if you go to Psypokes for competetive advice. Its typing is terrible. So many other Pokemon have great defenses but the same typing. Because of their typing, they got bumped down to UU, like Probopass and Bastiodon. Close Combat and Earthquake are the most common physical moves, and you can't possibly wall physically if you have a denting x4 weakness to the most common types. 180 Defense is high, but it can only take so much. 70 HP isn't doing it any good either.

And yes, you're throwing out false logic and advice. Learn the metagame first, please. ;D

Edit: o daer i wuz beatin bye mai kingggg i iz so sowwy

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i know serebii or psypoke isn't that all right, it depends on your desision....
    plus EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION.

ive seen & personally tried to raise a t-tar with these natures & ive seen it work pretty well....

maybe you just don't have the same choice or decision about these things.BUT HEY WERE ALL DIFFERENT AIN'T WE??

and i know more than you think....;)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    plus EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION.

I agree with you there, but not in the context. A pokemon that has tried and failed in competetive enviroments is crap, that isnt open to opinion. Hardly any of your input has been relevant, and if psypokes is your source of information i can't say I'm suprised.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I agree with you there, but not in the context. A pokemon that has tried and failed in competetive enviroments is crap, that isnt open to opinion. Hardly any of your input has been relevant, and if psypokes is your source of information i can't say I'm suprised.

we all have our differences, i can understand that i can make mistakes,nobody is perfect.
    im not saying psypoke is my source,i just wanted to clarify that all of those aGRRON INFO I READ CAME FROM PSYPOKE.

ive seen & personally raised an aggron with those natures, as for me,well, its ok.
    i know aggron isn't perfect with 2 ultra eff., weak sp. def & speed
    but, ive battled with aggron & it hasn't failed me once, to me aggron IS DEFINITELY NOT CRAP. its a pretty decent pokemon.(MY OPINION, NO ONE CAN CONTRADICT IT.)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Everyone has their own opinions? Yes, but some of those opinions may be crap. In this case; yours.

Aggron is a horrible wall in OU. Sure, in UU it's decent, but it's typing is horrible. 4x weak to fighting is a very unpreferable trait to have for a wall. 4x to Ground attacks is also a very bad thing for a wall to posses.

In conclusion?

[AGELIMIT]
    Help on a Good PKMN with Great HP
    =

[/AGELIMIT]

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Stop with this "opinion stuff", sheesh. ._.
    I mean, if someone said Caterpie rocks in competetive in their own opinion, I'm pretty sure we'd have a reason to contradict it. Aggron gets outclassed by a lot of other walls. Rock and/or Steel types can't wall well, which is why Rhyperior and Regirock got bumped down to BL.

'kay, so with my Third Generation suggestions... I present...

Claydol - Pretty decent wall before the Fourth Generation(where it got bumped down two tiers). It can wall both physically and specially. It may not have the right HP stat, but it did have Cosmic Power.

Donphan - Fantastic Offense and Defense in the physicals. It's HP stat is pretty decent too. It also has Rapid Spin, which is a definite plus.

Metagross - Fantastic Offense and Defense again. Also with only two weaknesses, but unfortunately weak to Ground.

Skarmory - Lacks HP, but has wonderful Defense with access to Spikeshuffling and such.

Suicune - So much to say about this Pokemon, but lets just leave it at great defenses and so-so offensives, but has access to Calm Mind to deal damage.

Edit: King Tyranitar... That post was a bit... disturbing... but accurate nonetheless. :D

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    we all have our differences, i can understand that i can make mistakes,nobody is perfect.
    im not saying psypoke is my source,i just wanted to clarify that all of those aGRRON INFO I READ CAME FROM PSYPOKE.

ive seen & personally raised an aggron with those natures, as for me,well, its ok.
    i know aggron isn't perfect with 2 ultra eff., weak sp. def & speed
    but, ive battled with aggron & it hasn't failed me once, to me aggron IS DEFINITELY NOT CRAP. its a pretty decent pokemon.(MY OPINION, NO ONE CAN CONTRADICT IT.)

Aggron may not have failed you but again, look at it in context. Who do you play? Friends who don't EV train? Gym leaders? As already said, aggron cannot survive in a competant competetive enviroment, not open to opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Try a Snorlax. They have very high HP and are pretty good in battle if you know how to use them

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    sure,sure say aggron is crap(like the picture...)im done with this conv. i don't like to flame people.nor to let them get booted just for flaming...
    i agree aggron isn't that good a wall, but i trust it.

sure its your opinion that
    is CRAP. but it isn't mine..... no sir....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    sure,sure say aggron is crap(like the picture...)im done with this conv. i don't like to flame people.nor to let them get booted just for flaming...
    i agree aggron isn't that good a wall, but i trust it.

sure its your opinion that
    is CRAP. but it isn't mine..... no sir....

So you trust a wall that is not good? You'll be losing a lot of competative Pokemon matches then.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    slaking is a good choice too

Slaking cannot wall to save it's life. It has no resistances, one immunity, and a weakness that nearly every (good) team posseses. He also can only attack once every other turn.

Back