• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Help] Rearranging Pokedex (Emerald)

Years
  • Hi, I'm looking for a tool to change the order of the national pokedex entries in Emerald version.

I found two such tools while doing some research, but one only works on FR/LG but not Emerald (Sebbes), and the other was taken down by the author (team snagem order editor).

Does anyone know where I can find a tool for this that works with Emerald? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I don't know of any tools for Emerald, but if it's the national order you want to change, try searching for the data in a hex editor. Since the pokémon in the national dex are in the same order as their in-game number/hex code, you could search for 01000200030040005000600700080009000A00... and so on, and if it's possible to re-order them you should find something, which is the case with Fire Red and Leaf Green. Though in FR/LG, for example, if you change Bulbasaur with Squirtle for the first entry, if you don't then switch Squirtle with Bulbasaur, both entries will show up as question marks, so make sure there are no duplicate entries.

Back