• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ygn6tbh

Jan Jansen
Years
Hack name: Pokemon fabula ignotus

Hack of: Pokemon firered

Additional information about the hack: (There will be some latin in it, so if you can translate some latin it will be faster - not necessary -)

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: average scripter, very basic mapper, story making

What help or skill you're looking for: mappers (also changing tilesets), spriters

Additional contact information: you can mail me at [email protected] or at [email protected] or send me a private message.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
Hack name: Pokemon - Tainted Black

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Ability to completely customize the titlescreen, spriting, mapping.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'd like to know how to fully customize tilesets for Towns, cities, routes etc. I understand how to tweak the tilesets with the Block Editor in Advance Map but I want to fully customize it with a custom pallette so I can use whatever colors I want and not be limited to the given palletes.

Years
Hack name : Pokemon Burnt Black (Working Title)
Hack of : FireRed

Additional Information on hack : Story line based in the Zyron region. Long ago the Moon Pokemon Eramon fell to Earth. Enraged, it set about on a rampage, determined to bring eternal night. The Order of the Dawn rose up to battle it and its Cult of Darkness with the aid of the Sun Pokemon Issochu. Together, they cast Eramon into a deep sleep and bound him on an unmarked island.
The Order has vanished and the power of the Cult grows. Journey through the harsh Zyron region, battling the Cult in an effort to avert Eternal night.

Finished Percentage - 3-5%

Your hacking skills - Mapping (Not just saying it) and storyboarding

What help or skill I'm looking for - Basically everything else especially Scripting!

Additional Contact Information : PM me.

Additional Information : I will also map for anyone who helps me out here.

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Delta

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: You just turned 10 and as a 10 year old on the Distant Island Chain today is the day you get your first pokemon. You get your pokemon like normal then you notice a shadow watching you and you just shrug it off like it's nothing. Then later that day you encounter a level 70 delta giritina which will be a scripted loss you wake up in your room then walk downstairs your mom says stuff then the professor says there is a boat waiting outside to take you to the mainland if you want to go to find what happened. Delta pokemon are pokemon who have had their types altered by team delta to make them stronger and you have to go stop them.

Finished percentage: Eeh Idk like anywhere between 25-35% because I have the entire story worked out suggestions are always helpful though and I have the starting Island and the first 3 towns mapped

Your hacking skills: I am good at tile inserts I have my own tileset and mapping and spriting here is an example imgur(dot)com / ofcbFAu take out the space before and after the / to go there :) and (dot) is just a .

What help or skill you're looking for: I mainly need scripters but anyone who wants to help is always welcome. I also need someone with poketronic as it doesn't work on my computer. and the last thing I need is someone who can insert gen 1-5 pokemon in the game

Additional contact information: PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Additional information: It would be in the new Region of Holon and the new team Team Delta have damaged pokemon using Delta waves to alter their types and make them stronger and you the Hero have to save them. There are 8 gyms but it's more centered on the story line. At the end you fight Team Deltas boss and stop her plan to change mew then the game ends. Do't worry there is a lot of story in between there I just don't want to give away too much *laughs*

Hack Name: Pokemon Mystery
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald/Fire Red
Additional Information:This is a series and have different games.
Finish Percentage:1%
Your Hacking Skill: Scripting and Mapping
What I need: Spriter,Tile builder and to know more PM me
Additional Contact Information: PM me or E-mail:[email protected]
Additional Info:Im kinda new,so help would be very appreciated.

Tide

Nocturnal ROM Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Rippled Version

Hack of: FireRed

Finished percentage: 2% (Please note that I have BIG plans for this hack, so there will be a lot going on, meaning each percentile is considerably large.)

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Miscellaneous Hacking, Mapping, Currently Learning ASM,

What help or skill you're looking for: TileInserting. This is probably the main lacking skill that is holding this project back. It'd be ideal to acquire a tile inserter, but we would greatly appreciate even if someone were to come and insert just SOME tiles. We desperately need this done.

Additional contact information: PM, Skype (TideDKhaz)

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312740

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Yo, so I can help out with inserting tilesets, spriting, editing pokemon learnset moves stats tms, minimal scripting so if any of you need help personal message me, with specific instuctions as to what you need done. If you need an event or something in particular inputted to the game but I did not mention it, I might be able to do it, just ask me. I may not be able to do ridiculously complex scripting or title screen changes but I can do alot so just let me know.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon Mirage Of Tales

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting, spriting, OW-editing.

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone who is good with UNLZ and has lots of time!
I'd like to replace every pokemon sprite in my rom with their Gen 5 styled sprites, so that all of the Pokémon are the same style, if that makes sense. I'd also be eternally grateful if someone could help me out with a world map and titlescreen as I have no other hacking skills other than the above!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
Hack Name: Pokemon Plethora

Hack Of: Pokemon Sapphire

Finished Percentage: 0% (Trying To Start It)

My Hacking Skills: None (Absolute Newbie)

Looking For: General Help with everything, such as Scripting, Mapping, Sprite Making, Etc

Additional Contact Info: EMAIL: [email protected] KIK: MrSecretAznMan

Additional Info: My friend and I have been wanting to start a hack for awhile now, doing everything from plot writing to fakemon making. One problem, we've got no experience whatsoever in hacking or scripting, and an experienced member or even a team, would be very, very appreciated. More or less, we're both eggs that have rather high step counts to hatching, but once we do we'd love to contribute to PokeCommunity in our own way. Please Kik me if interested, email is okay but I might not check much. PMs on Pokecommunity won't work: I hardly check my PC.

Thanks ^^

Years
Hack name: Undecided

Additional information about the hack:
still planning out the thought process. i wont ask for too much, not going to completely remodel the game or anything.
Finished percentage: 0% (Not Started)

Your hacking skills: basic scripting. Willing to learn. (im new to this.)

What help or skill you're looking for: someone good at scripting. Help in General. Maybe mapping. if possible, a Custom TitleScreen. You will get 99% credit since i have almost zero knowledge of hacking right now.

Additional contact information: Email: [email protected] ; PM me

Additional information:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 3, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am a young artist/illustrator and designer of board and card games who has discovered his fondness of Pokemon Rom Hacks. I would like to ask for help in creating a Rom Hack and must say I don't have any programming skills at all. What I can provide is sprites and graphics. Please check out the attachments for samples of my work. And here's the required information (as far as I can provide it...):

Hack name:

Pokemon Prehistoric

Hack of:

Firered/Leafgreen or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Additional information about the hack:

I have no programming skills at all but I would handle all the graphics and would assist with the story line and whatever I can do to help. Pokemon Prehistoric will feature a couple of hundreds all new, prehistoric-themed Pokemon which I am going to create myself.

Finished percentage:

0% (It is just an idea for now).

Your hacking skills:

None. Again, I would do the sprites and other graphics.

What help or skill you're looking for:

I would need someone who would be able to handle the programming aspect of the hack.

Additional contact information:

Please contact me ASAP via PM or directly at [email protected]

Additional information:

X-Tyranitar

Professional Rom Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokemon - Rising Knight

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: It is a brand new hack, I have a great storyline, and that's it.. This is why I'm requesting help (:

Finished percentage:1% maybe..

Your hacking skills: I'm very good at Scripting and Mapping, and I have some experience in Over world Spriting, and I can do Title screens

What help or skill you're looking for: Anything anyone will offer (: But in great need of a tile inserter, and a pro ow spriter.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: I really need help guys, I know the chances are slim, but I promise if you're willing to help, you won't regret it..

Years
Hack name: Pocket League

Additional information about the hack: GYM Leaders and E4 are people I know.

Finished percentage: 30-50%

Your hacking skills: Basic Mapping -_-

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters, Scripters, Edit World Map and Title Screen

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: Any help I will be very grateful

UltimateThundrFang

Pokemon Expert
Years
I need help, as I've been interested in making a hack for awhile.
Hack Name:Nothing is official yet, but I'm going for Pokemon Blazing Fire.
Additional Info: Gym leader's are a mix of Hoenn and Kanto leaders, Team Magma has returned and is actually looking to wipe out Kanto with Groudon, and you are Red, but older and more experienced. Everything else will be told to those who are interested in helping.
Finished percentage: Basically nothing. (Me and my friend have decided on the story, but he doesn't know how to hack at all.)
Hacking skills: Mapping, Attack Editing, and Pokemon Editing (movesets, evolution method, etc.)
Help I need: Scripting, inserting events, and custom trainer spriting (I'd like certain trainers and Pokemon to have re-designed sprites, such as the Magma admins/Leader, the Elite Four, your rival, Legendary Pokemon, and the hero/heroine.)
Additional contact info: Private Message or email me at [email protected]
Additional info: Right now I'm trying to just start off small, but I've tried going it alone and I can't do scripting for the life of me, or inserting events. Any help at all would be appriciated, and I can't wait to work with everyone who wants to help!

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: none (I haven't thought of one yet)

Hack of: Fire red

Additional information about the hack: you start out in the real world

Finished percentage: 0% (I can't figure out how to change where you start out at)

Your hacking skills: Mapping (can't change the Town Map though)

What help or skill you're looking for: everything (save mapping)

Additional contact information: my e-mail: [email protected]

Additional information: Suggestions for story line (save Real World) are welcome, you will be credited as well (obviously)

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Shadow

Hack of:Pokemon firered

Finished percentage:1 or 2%

Your hacking skills:sprite and cry inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: SCRIPTING!

Ways of Contact PM ME!

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Finished Percentage: 0%, Just Started

My Hacking Skills:
-Somewhat good at scripting
-Mapping

What Help/Skills Im Looking For:
-Someone to do extra scripting
-Someone to do extra mapping
-Someone who can import new tilesets
-Graphic Designers/Spriters for Graphics
-People who can debug the game if needed
-Someone
-Beta Testers
-Possibly a co-director/co-writer
-Someone who can import graphics into UNLZ

Additional Contact Info:
-Email Me Here if you want to help me: [email protected]

Additional Information:
-I am trying to build a team to help with not only this hack but other hacks as well. Please let me know if you're interested
in helping with other hacks after this one is completed.

-I will be the main writer/director for this hack, if you're interested in helping
me direct the development process or writing for the game, feel free to email me
as well!

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Hack name:Pokemon Infrared

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: none

Finished percentage:2%

Your hacking skills:Mapping, basic scripting, some what tile inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: edit the ow sprite ( i allways mess it up)

Additional contact information: email, pm here

Additional information:i already have the ow just it glitches bad and player is a black sqaure

Eminence

Pokemon Eminence
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Eminence

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: It's basically brand new!

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, basic understanding of scripting. Exceptional story writer imo.

What help or skill you're looking for: Tile Inserter!

Additional contact information: you can private messaged right here!

Additional information: I understand how to Insert tiles, however, i'm not entirely sure how to insert a lot of tiles in my rom, while keeping the tiles the original colour.

-Eminence! ^o^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon Volcano

Hack of: Pabel

Finished percentage: 11%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, basic understanding of scripting. ! some basic graphics inserter! and improving

What help or skill you're looking for: spriter (minispriter), someone who makes tiles

Additional contact information: send me your request in a private message

Additional information:understand many things of this rom hacking! otherwise the hack will be in Spanish because that is my language, but I'll try to do it in English but it will be more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back