• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Save Wolves Worldwide - read first

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Not that I dislike wolves, but the Amur Leopard needs more help than these guys. >:

There's only 35ish of those leopards left in the wild. D:

amur-leopard dot org is the official site for helping those cats.

I signed. I think that they should be helped, but most definitely not our first priority. Also, I'm all for saving endangered species and what not, but to be honest, some of the species are of no importance to us whether they die or live. I mean, I won't see half of them in my life (even if we saved all of them..) so they don't really matter.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • What have wolves done for me lately, hmm??? I'm not signing until a wolf does something awesome for me, like get my newspaper or play fetch.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    If people start protecting wolves, how am I going to fill my wolf sacrifice quota? Using coyotes as substitutes all the time isn't going to cut it. I'd rather please my gods, so thx but no thx.

Years
  • You have posted this in the wrong place; meaning the whole forum.
    I highly doubt anyone will care enough here.

Try an actual wild life forum...

Years
  • I won't sign due to the fact that other species need support more, and because they aren't endangered where I live... they wreak havoc on a farmer's livestock in Northern Minnesota.

It's a sad fact that a disproportionate amount of money goes towards helping animals like pandas, snow leopards, tigers etc. Animals that are the most common in furry fandom regarded as cute and fluffy (even if they aren't, but you see what I mean). But almost no money goes towards animals like the Hawaiian crow or the red-tailed black shark, which are both extinct in the wild, or the Mediterranean monk seal or the pygmy raccoon, which are both 'critically endangered', according to the IUCN Red List - N.B. the giant panda is listed simply as 'endangered', not 'critically endangered'. It's a form of discrimination. :|

Also, I find it slightly ironic that the picture used in that petition is most likely a grey wolf, an animal listed as 'least concern' (i.e. not even in any danger of becoming threatened, let alone completely extinct).

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    It's a sad fact that a disproportionate amount of money goes towards helping animals like pandas, snow leopards, tigers etc. Animals that are the most common in furry fandom regarded as cute and fluffy (even if they aren't, but you see what I mean). But almost no money goes towards animals like the Hawaiian crow or the red-tailed black shark, which are both extinct in the wild, or the Mediterranean monk seal or the pygmy raccoon, which are both 'critically endangered', according to the IUCN Red List - N.B. the giant panda is listed simply as 'endangered', not 'critically endangered'. It's a form of discrimination. :|

Also, I find it slightly ironic that the picture used in that petition is most likely a grey wolf, an animal listed as 'least concern' (i.e. not even in any danger of becoming threatened, let alone completely extinct).

THIS.

-sigh- I love those kinds of creatures.

Back