• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help. Should I use my masterball on a wild Beldum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
  • Okay, I'm sure someone out there has the same problem I'm having. I'm trying to catch a beldum. That can be found in a swarm at route 228. It's very hard to find, and not only is it really hard to catch, it's the most annoying pokemon to catch.

I had 23 ultra Balls. I kept using my flygon and my lucario. so it's TakeDown can do less recoil dmg. Any ways. It keeps using take down until it's HP is red. and its really close to dying, it's HP is as thin as string. I kept using ultra balls, it said, "Oh no, the pokemon broke free". it rarely goes any further than that.

I've been trying to catch that stupid thing for 6 hours. it's a pain, so i wanted to ask you guys since I'm not sure and all, Should I use a master ball on a beldum? I don't use ubers. And this is my only chance to catch that beldum.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • IT's your decision. I'd suggest, getting a high level Pokémon with false swipe, then another one with spore/sleep powder and just go mad on ultra balls. Really it's pure luck. If you've wasted that many balls, restart your game. Swarm Pokémon are pretty common when they are swarming.

If you don't have another Master Ball, it's not THAT important, because Heatran/Giratina/Mesprit/Cresselia can be caught with any ball (at that point, low HP and status is almost irrelevant), but considering you'll see Beldum only today, maybe it's a good decision.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • if you have any quick balls, this may be handy. or even try a few timer balls, for that, try and waste as many turns as you can without making Beldum faint. then use a timer ball. this may take a few tries, but you should be able to capture it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    its a good pokemon to catch but you should look for better pokemon with higher levels :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Okay, I'm sure someone out there has the same problem I'm having. I'm trying to catch a beldum. That can be found in a swarm at route 228. It's very hard to find, and not only is it really hard to catch, it's the most annoying pokemon to catch.

I had 23 ultra Balls. I kept using my flygon and my lucario. so it's TakeDown can do less recoil dmg. Any ways. It keeps using take down until it's HP is red. and its really close to dying, it's HP is as thin as string. I kept using ultra balls, it said, "Oh no, the pokemon broke free". it rarely goes any further than that.

I've been trying to catch that stupid thing for 6 hours. it's a pain, so i wanted to ask you guys since I'm not sure and all, Should I use a master ball on a beldum? I don't use ubers. And this is my only chance to catch that beldum.

Sounds to me like you're not putting it to sleep or anything. You should really try doing that on top of everything else first.

Of course, if all else fails, you could just trade somebody for a Beldum...

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • its a good pokemon to catch but you should look for better pokemon with higher levels :)

Can you name any better pokemon? Because its one of the most all time powerful non uber pokemon in the game, and i caught it with a master ball.

Sounds to me like you're not putting it to sleep or anything. You should really try doing that on top of everything else first.

Of course, if all else fails, you could just trade somebody for a Beldum...

I would trade but can't I have no wi-fi and i have no communication access.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • The beldum is lvl 53. The rest of my pokemon are the same lvl.Don't worry, I already caught a beldum with a masterball. I only wanted to see it's nature and check if it's good. If it's not I reset and try again.

Thanks Guys.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • IT's your decision. I'd suggest, getting a high level Pokémon with false swipe, then another one with spore/sleep powder and just go mad on ultra balls. Really it's pure luck. If you've wasted that many balls, restart your game. Swarm Pokémon are pretty common when they are swarming.

If you don't have another Master Ball, it's not THAT important, because Heatran/Giratina/Mesprit/Cresselia can be caught with any ball (at that point, low HP and status is almost irrelevant), but considering you'll see Beldum only today, maybe it's a good decision.

what he said use false swipe and status coditions they ar effective and use a steel pokemon so take down wont effect much

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Id be careful with False Swipe though desu~ Beldum only knows Take Down, and well, one more after having 1 hp left is "bye-bye Beldum!" <--spontaneous alliteration! 8D

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I just use a ghost pokemon so take down wouldn't effect, do some damage, put it to sleep, and chuck a few ultraballs.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Er, I'm not sure if there's much of a point in continuing this thread. I think Blue already posted elsewhere that she used her Masterball already. But yeah, the Ghost idea that Shaymin had should work well. And if you need another day to catch it, set your DS internal clock back one day to keep the swarm.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The beldum is lvl 53. The rest of my pokemon are the same lvl.Don't worry, I already caught a beldum with a masterball. I only wanted to see it's nature and check if it's good. If it's not I reset and try again.

If you saved beforehand and have the ability to reset, then I would suggest doing what everybody is suggesting as opposed to using the Master Ball when you reset. Then, you can just breed for better nature/stats.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • The only time to use a Master Ball is on a shiny Pokemon that can destroy itself (Geodude, Voltorb, etc). Other than that, most any Pokemon can be acquired any other way. Don't forget to use status moves (Sleep and Freeze are the best, but freezing is hard to achieve so stick with sleep). I'm glad of my Pokemon Box Altaria (with False Swipe and Sing).

Togefan

Toge Master ^_^
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    wait till night then use a dusk ball..thats what i did

Marthmaster

The Graphic Alchemist
    Years
  • if you have any quick balls, this may be handy. or even try a few timer balls, for that, try and waste as many turns as you can without making Beldum faint. then use a timer ball. this may take a few tries, but you should be able to capture it.

i'd recommend that, and also don't forget you could switch in to a ghost-type so he can't hit you with take down.

that is until he runs out of pp's and has to use struggle, but by the time that comes around a timer ball should be just the ticket for you to catch him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back