• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help to relive my childhood

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So I'm 19 years old and have been reminiscing the good old days of Pokemon trading cards, I still occasionally play it on the DS although nearly as much nowadays.
    I'd like to get some cards again, the thrill of opening a pack, collecting the cards etc
    So bearing in mind that I would be playing the actual TCG its more of a spur of the moment, wanting to relive my childhood kinda thing.
    Which type of packs do you recommend for cool pokemon cards, more for aesthetic value than anything? Packs to open with excitement and be like "wow that's cool"?

Years
  • I second the Legendary Treasures booster box recommendation. That set has a relatively high pull rate for ultra rare and secret rare cards, partly because it's got a mini-set (called Radiant Collection) inside of it that takes up the spots of 1 uncommon card and one common card that can be any of the 25 cards in the mini-set (and all of the cards in that mini-set are whole-card holos because the Japanese set they're from was called Shiny Collection). And Legendary Treasures has a metric ton of ultra rare and secret rare cards in its normal set. So it's guaranteed to be a fun set to open.

Back