• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help W/ My Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Okay, so everybody and their mom knows that Heart Gold / Soul Silver are coming out in a week (For the US). So i've been trying to decifer my team. For the in-game team, i was thinking over things.
    So my starter is basically undecided, for the simple fact, i can't decide my water pokemon.
    I do not like using the overused Cyndaquil, never have when Gold and Silver came out, i ALWAYS used fraligatr, (mispelled, i know). But i was thinking maybe this time use Meganium? Can somebody explain to me the pros and cons for both pokemon?
    Because Fraligatr, i was going to make my main water pokemon, but for a change, when i can pick my Kanto pokemon, i was thinking of switching over to Blastoise. Butttt.. i was also thinking about having a Kingdra, because i never used it before. But, i was also thinking of a Dragonite so i don't know if i wanna have Two Dragon Types.

But this is where my team stands (it's still very undecided, so all imput is welcome)

Fraligatr / Blastoise / Kingdra
    Ampharos
    Scizor
    Dragonite / Kingdra
    Houndoom / Archanine (I don't know if i want either of them, honestly)
    Espeon

Throw in any ideas.

Philosoraptor

Spiral King
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Typhlosion would probably be a better pick for a starter, seeing as other Fire-Types before Kanto are pretty rare.

Just my 2 cents.

Years
  • In-game teams don't matter. Just pick your favorites and go.
    But anyways...

Fraligatr
    (get him early on, and it seems like its your favourite, so use it)
    Ampharos
    Scizor
    Dragonite (You didnt want two pokemon with the same types, so Kindgra automatically cant be be used
    Arcanine (Personally, my favourite pokemon, and its overall better)
    Espeon

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I agree with the above post.
    However, if you don't wanna use Arcanine OR Houdoom, then get SoulSilver, and you can have Ninetales

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In-game help team threads aren't allowed, sorry, as anything will do in the end whatever you choose as long as you level them up enough - so go with what interests you. But for a rough summery of the starters, Cyndaquil is the best choice for starting (advantages over Sprout Tower and the 2nd gym), then Totodile, and Chikorita has the hardest start in the beginning - disadvantages on the first two gyms. (But that's why you catch other Pokemon I suppose). Note you also can only choose the Kanto starters after beating the gyms.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back