• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with adding custom items to marts in a FireRed ROM, using PKSVUI and A-Map?

chris burton

Super Nerd
    Years
    Hi. I've been working on a small hack of FireRed largely intended for personal use, and have been exploring the many great tools out there to make this easier for relatively inexperienced people such as myself.

I've been using PKSVUI as a script editor with Advance Map to add items to Poke Marts. I've been trying to add the 'Link Stone' item added by ModExe for FireRed to a clerk in Celadon Department store, and previously had been able to get it to work.

However I had to restart my hack and upon trying to add this item again in Advance Map it now says "Unknown value in ITEM (Value must be integer)". I've tried using clean installs of all the appropriate tools and ROMS and nothing seems to work, when previously it did fine.

When added in via other means such as when found as an held item on wild Pokemon it works fine. So its clearly been injected into the games code and recognised in the ROM, but for some reason wont be recognised in these tools.

I'd really love to have all the evolution items in one place but cant for the life of me figure out what "Unknown value in ITEM (Value must be integer)" means or how to fix it. Could anyone please offer any help?

Attachments

• Help with adding custom items to marts in a FireRed ROM, using PKSVUI and A-Map?
      New Project (7).jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 9

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hi. I've been working on a small hack of FireRed largely intended for personal use, and have been exploring the many great tools out there to make this easier for relatively inexperienced people such as myself.

I've been using PKSVUI as a script editor with Advance Map to add items to Poke Marts. I've been trying to add the 'Link Stone' item added by ModExe for FireRed to a clerk in Celadon Department store, and previously had been able to get it to work.

However I had to restart my hack and upon trying to add this item again in Advance Map it now says "Unknown value in ITEM (Value must be integer)". I've tried using clean installs of all the appropriate tools and ROMS and nothing seems to work, when previously it did fine.

When added in via other means such as when found as an held item on wild Pokemon it works fine. So its clearly been injected into the games code and recognised in the ROM, but for some reason wont be recognised in these tools.

I'd really love to have all the evolution items in one place but cant for the life of me figure out what "Unknown value in ITEM (Value must be integer)" means or how to fix it. Could anyone please offer any help?

This is simply because you added a new item, and PKSVUI doesn't recognize it. Your tool isn't going to understand which item number "LINKSTONE" is by magic - it has to be told that somewhere. I have no idea where that information is stored in PKSVUI.
    Frankly PKSVUI has now been replaced twice over. People have instead been using XSE for years, and recently even that's been replaced by HMA. Either one of those script editors will be able to insert a custom item into a mart provided you know the item id

Back