• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With Comp/Battle Maison Team

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    Greninja @Expert Belt
    Protean
    Timid Nature
    252 Speed/252 Sp Atk/ 4 HP
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Spikes

I actually don't have any comments for this guy. He's pretty straightforward and the set has been seen a thousand times.

Aegislash @Life Orb
    Stance Change
    Adamant Nature
    252 Attack/128 Defense/124 Speed
    Swords Dance
    Shadow Sneak
    Iron Head
    Sacred Sword

Again, a pretty self explanatory set. He sets up while in shield form, and when he switches he dominates the other pokemon's face off. If needed, shadow sneak provides priority.

Mamoswine @No Idea
    Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Earthquake
    Icicle Crash
    Stone Edge
    Ice Shard

My go-to when they opposing team sends out a dragon. He also does well against frail pokemon, but not much else to say.

Charizard @Charizardite Y
    Drought
    Modest Nature
    252 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Sp Def
    Flamethrower
    Solar Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Roost

ERMAHGERD CHERAZERD. This is my mega evolution and he rocks. Solar Beam takes advantage of the 5 sun turns and dragon pulse for coverage.

Goodra @Assault Vest
    Sap Sipper
    Calm Nature
    252 Sp Def/ 252 Sp Atk/ 4 Speed
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
    Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

He evolved from Goomy, who is our lord and savior. It's kinda funny because when I switch him in, the other team needs a savior. With the assault vest, his fairy weakness is nullified, because there are no usable physical fairy moves.

Togekiss @Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Calm Nature
    252 Sp Atk/ 124 Sp Def/ 128 Spped
    Dazzling Gleam
    Thunder Wave
    Roost
    Air Slash

Ah, the return of a classic. The paraflinch togekiss who now has fairy typing. Dazzling gleam is coverage, but the rest is kinda self explanatory.

Thank you for reading all this, and please leave any advice/comments/critiques/criticism/questions.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Give Mamoswine a Life Orb or a Nevermeltice if LO isn't an option. If possible, swap Stone Edge with Superpower. If you can't, Stone Edge is ok.

Your Goodra appears to be trying to do both the special tank and specially defensive sets at the same time, which makes it less effective. So pick one:

-Special Tank Goodra:
    Goodra w/Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.attack, 4 Defense
    Moves: Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

-Specially Defensive:
    Goodra w/Leftovers or Assault Vest
    Nature: Calm/Sassy
    Ability: Sap Sipper/Gooey
    EVs: 248 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 8 Sp.Attack
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt/Power Whip, Toxic/Dragon Tail

With the assault vest, his fairy weakness is nullified, because there are no usable physical fairy moves.
    Two words: Play Rough

And Paraflinch Togekiss's EV spread should be either: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense or 252 HP, 248 Sp.Defense, 8 Defense depending on which side you wanna have it take hits better from, physical or special. Speed EVs are not needed because of the bulk and paralysis from T-wave. Sp.Attack EVs are only needed on the Nastly Plot set, since with Paraflinch the opposing Pokemon is being flinched or paralyzed all the time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    Give Mamoswine a Life Orb or a Nevermeltice if LO isn't an option. If possible, swap Stone Edge with Superpower. If you can't, Stone Edge is ok.

Your Goodra appears to be trying to do both the special tank and specially defensive sets at the same time, which makes it less effective. So pick one:

-Special Tank Goodra:
    Goodra w/Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.attack, 4 Defense
    Moves: Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

-Specially Defensive:
    Goodra w/Leftovers or Assault Vest
    Ability: Sap Sipper/Gooey
    EVs: 248 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 8 Sp.Attack
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt/Power Whip, Toxic/Dragon Tail

Two words: Play Rough

And Paraflinch Togekiss's EV spread should be either: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense or 252 HP, 248 Sp.Defense, 8 Defense depending on which side you wanna have it take hits better from, physical or special. Speed EVs are not needed because of the bulk and paralysis from T-wave. Sp.Attack EVs are only needed on the Nastly Plot set, since with Paraflinch the opposing Pokemon is being flinched or paralyzed all the time.

1. What if I'm playing in a league where I can only use one of the same item? Should I take the LO away from Aegislash or give Mamoswine nevermeltice?

2. I've personally never been a fan of superpower, but if you think it'll help, I'll change it.

3. Do you think I should use special tank or defensive Goodra?

4. Do you think I'll need the defense or sp. defense evs on togekiss more?

5. After seeing play rough, I retract my previous statement about physical fairy moves.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. What if I'm playing in a league where I can only use one of the same item? Should I take the LO away from Aegislash or give Mamoswine nevermeltice?

2. I've personally never been a fan of superpower, but if you think it'll help, I'll change it.

3. Do you think I should use special tank or defensive Goodra?

4. Do you think I'll need the defense or sp. defense evs on togekiss more?

5. After seeing play rough, I retract my previous statement about physical fairy moves.

1. Air Balloon is an acceptable alternative on Aegislash if you're strapped for items.

3. Specially defensive Goodra is viable; test it out for yourself. Here are slight alternatives:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast/Dragon Tail
    Nature: Modest/Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Choice Specs/Assualt Vest
    Ability: Gooey/Sap Sipper

or
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic/Dragon Tail
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

4. Specially defensive Togekiss is preferred.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    1. Air Balloon is an acceptable alternative on Aegislash if you're strapped for items.

3. Specially defensive Goodra is viable; test it out for yourself. Here are slight alternatives:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast/Dragon Tail
    Nature: Modest/Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Choice Specs/Assualt Vest

or
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic/Dragon Tail
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

4. Specially defensive Togekiss is preferred.

1. Would muscle band be a viable option for Aegislash or Mamoswine?

2. I'll probably use the special tank set for Goodra.

3. Is air balloon one time use? Ie: I'd have to buy one after every use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Would muscle band be a viable option for Aegislash or Mamoswine?

2. I'll probably use the special tank set for Goodra.

3. Is air balloon one time use? Ie: I'd have to buy one after every use.

I wouldn't really recommend Muscle Band tbh. Its power boost isn't notable unless you're that desperate.

Also while Air Balloon is a one time use item, one use items are restored at the end of every Battle Maison/Institute battle; this also applies to Wi-Fi battles

Back