• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help with Emerald Hack?

MrL

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    Hello Pokecommunity! I'm very new to hacking and I want to work on my first hack but I'm not quite sure how to do so. I'm going to hack Emerald and I've been looking for help everywhere but everything I do ends up being wrong. The first thing I want to do is change the starters. I've already downloaded the VBA emulator and I have opened Emerald in it but I'm not sure what to do from there. I also downloaded Advanced Starter from Whack a Hack but I'm not sure how to use it. Other things I would like to do in the game include:
    Change the title screen
    Change the scripts
    Change the map
    Edit the hero/heroine's sprite
    Edit non-player character sprites
    Edit Pokemon sprites
    Change the trees to palm trees like in Pokemon Orange
    Make your starter Pokemon follow you outside of its ball like in HG/SS
    Advanced graphics (Preferably Gen. 5 or 6)
    Pokemon from all 6 regions
    Pokemon outside of tall grass
    Change stats/attacks/moveset/evolution time
    Custom moves/HMs/TMs
    Change weather/buildings
    Day & Night/4 Seasons
    Change Pokemon (replace them with another one something like that)

If you have any information on how to do these things, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm having a a lot of trouble
    Thank you for all your help!

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    If you go into the Tools and Tutorials sections on this website, you can find lots of tools and helpful tips to get you started.
    Go into the "ROM Hacking" area, and it should be all the way at the bottom.

Back