• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Help with evolving national Pokemon in FR/LG?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Hello, all! I'm a beginner hacker, and I've just been toying around with inserting new pokemon, starters, etc. I made mareep one of the starters and picked it. Everything worked well and all, until she got to level 15. She started evolving, then "...?"

I thought I accidentally hit b. Whatever, I'll just wait another level. Level 16: "...?"

Googled it, turns out I need the national dex. Is there a simple fix to this? I tried inserting an item in the lab that gave you the national dex, but it's not an actual item, so that didn't work.

I don't plan on making this a huge hack or anything, just something to spice up the game for my friends and me, so it doesn't need to be pretty. Like, if I could put it inside a signpost or something, I could just tell my friends to get it there, something like that.

Please try to keep it as simplified as possible, I'm not hugely script-savvy and all!

please guys? I'd reallyyy like some help

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You need to use special 0x16F.

All your script needs is:

#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
    special 0x16F
    end

Attach it to a sign/person and you're good. You could always add a message to check it's working.

#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x6
    special 0x16F
    release
    end

#org @talk
    = NATIONAL DEX - ON.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Alternatively you could go to 0xCE91A in a hex editor, and replace the bytes with 00 00 14 E0 (credits to Jambo51). It's just a simple change that enables evolution without the national dex, no need to give the national dex at the beginning of the game. :)

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Attach it to a sign/person and you're good.

I'm sorry, I really don't know what you mean by this haha. I've tried going to events in advance map and opening up the script for the professor. I pasted what you wrote, but it made me save it as a separate file and nothing changed. Could you/someone walk me through how to do this?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Ok, I think I've actually got the gist of scripting now. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to compile! I have XSE, I copied and pasted:

#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
    special 0x16F
    end

Into it. I can't click the gears up top. I looked online, and it says I have to open my ROM I'm compiling the script to. When I look in the folder, it doesn't show up as an option. Help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    Depending on what version of XSE you're using, when you go to open the ROM it's probably searching for .rbc; rubicon files that it stores raw scripts. There should be a dropdown menu on the Open File... window; see if there's an option for .gba files.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Through advance map, open the script for a person (preferably an NPC that normally just says something, messing with someone important like Professor Oak seems like a bad idea). Replace everything after the #org line with:

special 0x16F
    end

Press compile (the gears icon) for XSE to save it to the ROM.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Through advance map, open the script for a person (preferably an NPC that normally just says something, messing with someone important like Professor Oak seems like a bad idea). Replace everything after the #org line with:

special 0x16F
    end

Press compile (the gears icon) for XSE to save it to the ROM.

OH MY GOSH

I LOVE YOU

This is literally exactly what I needed

I've been searching for days to find out how to do what you just said

I can't express how awesome you are

Back