• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with me and my "girlfriend"

Zet

Years
  • First of all, ignore everyone who's posted so far. I don't think they realize that they're giving advice to a 9-year old.

Second, ignore them. Kids are so so so sooooooo stupid about dating, girlfriends, boyfriends, blah blah blah. They'll tease and be stupid, but if you ignore them then they'll stop eventually.

Have you even read anyone's posts? I think not! because some people have already give that advice about ignoring the kids.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Kids can be douchebags.
    a lot of them actually are.
    Even if a girl is not your girlfriend, they'll laugh and point.
    "LOL BLANK AND BLANK ARE SITTING IN A TREE K I S S I N G!"

When in actuality, you're the one in a nice relationship and they're... lonely?
    Does that make them superior in any way? >.>"

But still, you're NINE,
    Let me re-phrase that:

Actually no, because any way I say it, You're NINEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Stop freaking out.

Seriously, do you know how many people thought I was in "love" or "liked" my friend Laura back in the third grade or so? I started thinking I actually did.

Now get over it and enjoy yourself.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • They're NINE. Of course they're going to laugh.

You're NINE. Maybe you should think this through before wasting (yes, I do mean wasting) time during the most fun section of your life. Obviously, if people are laughing, you're not enjoying it, you seem to care more about the attention others are giving than the girl herself, it's not going to work so much.

In a nutshell, enjoy yourself. With the girl, by yourself, with friends, whatever. Just have fun.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I really don't think we should be saying to a nine year old to be dating : |

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • *facepalm* Im 9 but you seriously think I meant dating!
    Not that you guys haven't been giving good advice but take a look at this post. With "girlfriend" in quotes and him being 9 I kinda got the idea it wasn't serious anyway.

But yeah, we kinda did think it was dating, seeing how that's pretty much how you worded it. Try to clarify a bit more next time. Anywho, in my opinion, people at your age shouldn't really be dating, but that's not up to me, and you say you're not talking about dating so I have no idea what to tell you. You're a kid, they're kids, kids are mean, and one day they'll grow up... hopefully.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Want my honest opinion? Don't date someone when you're 9 years old.

Seriously. Don't. You don't even know what love is yet and don't come to me with any of that crap like 'But I do love her! I know I do' because no, no you don't. You shouldn't even be concerned about dating anyone until you're in highschool, and even then you wont know what love is, you'll just be peer pressured into it. (Well, English highschool is 11-16 so yeah)

So that's my honest advice, don't date anyone.

However, your other opitions are:
    • Hire a paid assassain to kill them
    • Ignore them
    • Beat them up
    • Get a boyfriend
    • Laugh back
    • Become a hitman and get them back when they grow up

And there you go.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Anxiety, if I could, I'd give you an emblem for "most helpful other options", because if those don't solve this problem, I don't know what would.

Ahem, but in seriousness, I don't get why young children find the need for a girlfriend anyway... oh well, guess I never will.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • What a bunch of condescending jerks in this thread. Who cares if he's nine? I'd say he's more mature than most of the people going around going "OH IGNORE HIM HE'S NINE."

But yeah, the advice that most of the people are giving you is good. Ignore the people that are being mean to you. Romance is a great thing, and you should do what makes you happy, not what everyone says you should do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Love between prepubescents is different to later on in life, I've found... I preferred it myself; but really, until you're almost into your twenties don't expect your relationships to actually last. The best you can do about your colleagues is ignore them, or if this is school, tell a teacher they're making fun of you.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • What a bunch of condescending jerks in this thread. Who cares if he's nine? I'd say he's more mature than most of the people going around going "OH IGNORE HIM HE'S NINE."

I care if he's nine. Nine year olds shouldn't be dating, period.
    What're they going to do? They'll think kissing is 'icky' and they're not having sex. They can't get married, its just two stupid nine year olds walking around holding hands.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Please help me!I dont know how to put this, but people keep teasing me and if anyone sees us together they laugh!Any advice
    You're not ready for a relationship.

In my opinion, no matter how mature you may be (and to be completely honest, if you're worried about your friends teasing you and laughing at you for being together, you aren't very mature... which is expected for a nine year old) you're nine years old. Nine years old is an awfully young age to think of entering a relationship, let alone being in one. I'd say to wait about... four years before you think of starting a relationship with someone.

When I think of a nine year old having a relationship I see holding hands, skipping, playing around, and giggling. That isn't a relationship; that's just a rather strong friendship -- a childhood crush, at most. That may or may not be the case for you in your mind. You need some more life experience before you should consider having a relationship. Besides, you don't need all the stress that comes with a relationship at such a young age. Save that for when you're a teenager and your mood swings can help you - or hurt you - through it all.

Besides, aren't girls supposed to have cooties at your age? You don't want to catch them now, do you?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • ok you're nine and dating which i think is fine. ignore them. (pc advicers and other kids)

if you an you "gf" are having a good relationship, then who cares what others think.

and to previous posters. Relationship dosent mean just dating!

~get a boyfriend? who are you people, your talking to a nine year old.

anyways.. you like her right? then its good, others are jealous but they dont know that.
    i dont see a problem that your hanging with a girl and not playing on a playground saying girls have cooties. (wow I was more mature then that at that age.)

just stay with her.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I care if he's nine. Nine year olds shouldn't be dating, period.
    What're they going to do? They'll think kissing is 'icky' and they're not having sex. They can't get married, its just two stupid nine year olds walking around holding hands.
    Why exactly are 9 year olds any less entitled to do what makes them happy? It seems to me like you're suggesting that they're somehow less than human, that their happiness is less valuable. If being in a relationship makes them both happy, I see no problem with it whatsoever, and I challenge you to find a reason why they shouldn't be together.

I think the reasons you gave practically argue my point for me. If it's really true that they're not kissing or having sex, then their relationship is based on an entirely different metric than sexual attraction; perhaps they genuinely like each other? Personally, I prefer a relationship that isn't entirely focused on sexual attraction.

:( fine..... :_( So I just tell her I dont like her anymore
    @Aladdin:That isn't the case
    No. If you like her, ignore everyone else. What is right for you is not always what is accepted by others.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • HE IS NINE. HE SHOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT DATING IS.

And Destiny Explorer, you wanted advice. Maybe listen to the people who've posted here saying that nine might be too young for dating : |

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • ~get a boyfriend? who are you people, your talking to a nine year old.

Joke, noun
    • Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
    • A mischievous trick; a prank.
    • An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

After my post I suggest you go and find a sense of humour. Good luck.

Why exactly are 9 year olds any less entitled to do what makes them happy? It seems to me like you're suggesting that they're somehow less than human, that their happiness is less valuable. If being in a relationship makes them both happy, I see no problem with it whatsoever, and I challenge you to find a reason why they shouldn't be together.

I don't think you understand my point, mate. I think you're forgetting nine year olds can also make themselves happy by playing tig and tag, or some other stupid game like that. I'm just as happy as my friends who are in a relationship and I'm single, relationships don't make you the most happy person in the world, infact, they usually make people more depressed.

• They don't know what love is
    • This is prolly just some little thing that'll last for a week
    • He should be more concerned with games
    • If the laughing is bothering him, he clearly isn't mature enough to handle this kind of thing.

There you go, have four reasons.

@Destiny Explorer: Look, if you ask a question like this, and you're nine years old, you have to expect 'You're too young', don't expect us to all be giving you serious responses, thats just one of the rules of life. Sorry, mate.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 9 is very young. Even my age is a tad bit young. But if you insist on advice then. Just ignore them and tell them " At least I can get a girl friend" or something simple like that. Just ignore them, there just being stupid. If you keep on getting this sort of treatment just avoid them or completely ignore what they say. It will eventually get boring to them and they will move on. Just try not to get to worried or upset about this. It's nothing, just be happy with her.

Back