• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help with midi

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2014
    whati is the best way to convert wav to midi or is there a gameboy emu out there that let's you save the music in midi

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You need to create the MIDIs yourself - WAVs store the actual audio data, while MIDIs just have some info that recreates the sound. There are sites from which you can download MIDIs though. Basically, you'd need to be pretty good at music because you have to separate the instruments and sequence them.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Yeah, you have to play the MIDI yourself, there isn't anything that converts wavs/mp3s/ogg/whatevermusicextension to MIDI.

But don't feel stupid, I asked the same question once. ~_~

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2014
    ok thx everyone one for the info, what i was trying to get is the oak's intro (you know where he ask's you your name frmo pokemon red/blue) midi, oh well off to google

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    There are actually a couple of programs that supposedly convert WAV to MIDI, but they're ridiculously expensive and don't work very well. There used to be a heap of sites that offered the Pok?mon games MIDIs, but gone are those days...

Back