• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Monocolor GREEN team please? :)

Mort

The Trainer With Feelings
    Years
    Hey all. So my friends and I are having a monocolor battle, which I started. (Got the idea from the battles on youtube, from anniecarrots, jimmy31428, and others) I have decided on a team, but there are flaws, but those flaws are unavoidable. My color is green, so naturally I will have a weakness against ice, fire, flying, bug, stuff like that, because the majority of my team is grass. Without further ado, Here is what I would like my team to be:

Cradily:
    -Toxic
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Recover/Rock Slide

Flygon: (Levitate)
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    -Dragon Claw

Xatu: (Synchronize)
    -Drill Peck
    -Psychic
    -Thunder Wave
    -Confuse Ray / Rest / Wish

Shaymin: (Land Forme)
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Seed Flare
    -Aromatherapy / Synthesis

Bronzong: (Should I have Levitate or Heatproof???)
    -Hypnosis
    -Explosion
    -Dream Eater
    -Flash Canon / Shadow Ball

Tropius: (REPLACABLE, even though I like tropius. Taking Suggestions) (Chlotophyll)
    -Aerial Ace
    -Roost
    -Sunny Day
    -Swords Dance

WELL THAT'S IT.
    Please comment with suggestions, or anything of the sort. Support, Moveset changes, ANYTHING. PLEASE :) Thanks guys.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Isn't Bronzong blue? lol ;x

Anyway, we need natures/EVs/items as well or we can't help much.

Years
    Maybe he's really optimistic and is going for a shiny Bronzong? Anyway go with Levitate over Heatproof.

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
    Levitate > Heatproof on bronzong, and Tropius should probbly have razor leaf > Sunny day, since it doesn't have solar beam, sunny day would just make fire stronger against it

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    i agree with replacing sunny day with leaf blade

looking at your weaknesses, i'd say you need more flying coverage so you could give flygon thunder punch rather than crunch

also for flygon, rather than choosing a special attack as a fire move, you could go with fire punch to get the most out of its strong base physical attack
    and if you do that, then i'd recommend an adamant nature (since you didnt post the natures)

for shaymin, you should probably choose aromatherapy over synthesis seeing you already have leech seed

and yeah, you should really provide natures/EVs

Mort

The Trainer With Feelings
    Years
    Okay guys :) THANK YOU SO MUCH! (PS, if you look on Bulbapedia, under the pokedex -> color's section, Bronzong is infact green :D SO HA! ;)

For tropius, the only reason I was suggesting sunny day is because one of it's abilities is that it raises speed in sunny weather :/ not too important, but decent. Leaf Blade would most likely be a better bet though. Thanks. For Flygon, I am loving that moveset. Thank you so much :) (Sorry I cant name names >.> kinda short termed memoried :P)

In conclusion, My team is this:

Cradily: -Impish (+Def, -Sp.Atk) EV's, 222 HP, 88 Def, 200 ATK
    -Toxic
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Recover/Rock Slide <--Recover is a breed move. IS it worth it???

Flygon: (Levitate) - Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk) EV's, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.Def
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw

Xatu: (Synchronize) -Serious (= ... Not too sure what to do) Ev/s= 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.Def
    -Drill Peck
    -Psychic
    -Thunder Wave
    -Confuse Ray / Rest / Wish <------??? Help? :P

Shaymin: (Land Forme) - Timid (+Spd, -Atk) Ev's=252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.Def
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Seed Flare
    -Aromatherapy

Bronzong: (Levitate) (yes, it is green) Relaxed (+Def, -Spd) EV's= 252 Def, 252 Sp. Atk (Better dream eater and shadow ball possibly?) and 4 Sp.Def
    -Hypnosis
    -Explosion
    -Dream Eater
    -Flash Canon / Shadow Ball <----???

Tropius: (Chlorophyll) Adamant - EV's= 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def.
    -Aerial Ace
    -Roost
    -Leaf Blade
    -Swords Dance

WELL THAT'S IT.
    Please comment with suggestions, or anything of the sort. Support, Moveset changes, ANYTHING. PLEASE :)

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    quick thing on Bronzong drop Dream Eater and give it Trick Room.

This allows it to give tropius the speed it needs.

Back