• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help with moving shiny Onix

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    Hi, I just completed a monotype run on Platinum. On Victory Road, I ran into my first ever shiny (not on an emulator).
    Is there any way to move it with just one 3DS? I would like to keep it but it seems very unlikely.

Years
    You mean trade it over? Unfortunately you can't do that since the wi-fi for all non-3DS games got shut off two years ago, so the best thing to do is subscribe to Pokemon Bank, have a 5th Gen game to transfer to and then transfer via Pokemon Bank to a 6th Gen game (XY/ORAS).

You can still trade with 4th and 5th Gen games, but only via local wireless so you need a second system to do it. Congrats on getting the shiny though.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I just transferred the legendary birds and Mewtwo to Omega Ruby. You need 1 3DS and 1 DS/3DS. You have to get Pokemon Black/White and beat the game and go through all the post game stuff. Transfer your pokemon from Platinum to Black/White (watch a youtube video it would be easier to understand) Then get Pokemon Transfer thingy on the 3DS and the Pokemon bank. As long as you have Black/White and at least 2 DS's it's not that complicated.

Back