• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my Rom Hack please?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I need a little help as I'm just a beginner hacker. I can make basic scripts and had some luck solving some of the problems myself, but I need an extra hand or two. Since I'm just a beginner, I can't do everything on my own yet. Here is a list of what I currently need help with:

1.) All 721 pokemon in pokemon FireRed, including front and back sprites, pokedex entries, and full moves and move sets up to Gen 6 if possible Bulbasaur to deoxys is not needed. Only sprites from turtwig to Volcanion are needed

2.) Script help from time to time since I can't understand the more complex ones.

3.) Certain aspects like a choice based story, switching control to other characters in the game and more possible aspects multiple choice based events, depending on how the story goes if possible.

4.) Maps of Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (B2 W2 version) and Kalos for FireRed with sprites for the professors, male and female charaters, gym leaders and elite four members if possible.

5.) Physical and Special move split for a more modern pokemon battling experience.

If you can help me with any of these, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll also need to keep contact with you so I know how things are going.

Years
  • Are all of these things strictly necessary to the hack. You seem to be adding in a lot of things to it which you couldn't immediately do yourself. No need to underestimate your own hacking abilities like that. In any case, if you looked around, 1) and 5) at least would be possible pre-made if you needed it there, rather than having to ask - there are multiple of these patches and similar, and there isn't much need to advertise one over another -, while complete maps of each area in that game might be a bit of an ask by itself, for that purpose, unless you're doing something in particular with it. Generally, if you want a team, you are expecting the exercise of some creativity from them if they wish to create the ROM, wanting others just to fulfill certain purposes or actions in a pre-made script by you, while at the same time outsourcing pretty much the whole game to these people, seems slightly inconsistent, and usually at least wouldn't get off the ground that far, in any situation.

Years
  • I'm also a begginer how does not net help but if you want I could do these.
    1-add tiles
    2- Starters
    -Scripts
    4-Pokemon 1-7 gen each generation might take me 1 Week
    5-story
    Since my pokemon rom itsin beta 1 in some free time I could make some of these.
    WATCH MY PROGRESSING HACK POKEMON CAUCASO Version On Begginer .

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That would be very much appreciated. I got the story for my game handled. Of course I could always get your opinion of it. I could use help getting my scripts to work and maybe writing them too. Tiles I can make do with the default tiles in FireRed. Pokemon gen 1-7 is a must. Thank you for reading my post. If you help me I will return the favor sometime.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Star Rebel as Illumine said both 721 and the Special/Attack Split can be found on this site there is a 721 Base coming out soon and theres been a IPS for the Sp/At Split for ages with the Split you have to Physically change the Moves to either Special or Physical

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Star Rebel as Illumine said both 721 and the Special/Attack Split can be found on this site there is a 721 Base coming out soon and theres been a IPS for the Sp/At Split for ages with the Split you have to Physically change the Moves to either Special or Physical

I'm not usre which one you are talking about? I have seen a few but they have either been imcomplete, buggy, or it was on a basically dead forum. If you could direct me to which one you are talking about I could check it out.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Heres the one on this forum its finished and quite efficient Physical/Special Split and heres a Tutorial to fully implement it hope it helps sorry for taking so long to respond though ive been busy on my own hack to really pay any attention to PC :)

Back