• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Help with my XSE script

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 16, 2018
    Hey, I am currently playing around trying to make a Pokémon Hack and I have the code working for a trainer to give you a pokemon and then walk away. The issue I have is that I have wrote the hide sprite applymovement code but it still wont work. Here is my code if you could take a look and let me know what the issue is it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

'---------------
    #org 0x71D112
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto 0x871CBC6
    msgbox 0x871CBD1 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]Stranger:[blue_fr]HEY! B..."
    givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x871CCA1 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]You've been given a Eeve..."
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    setflag 0x828
    msgbox 0x871CCC1 MSG_YESNO '"[black_fr]Do you want to give Eeve..."
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call 0x871CBC9
    msgbox 0x871CCEC MSG_NORMAL '"[black_fr]Stranger:[blue_fr]I'm su..."
    applymovement 0x05 0x871CDFC
    waitmovement 0x0
    setflag 0x1202
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x71CBC6
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x71CBC9
    fadescreen 0x1
    special 0x9E
    waitstate
    return

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x71CBD1
    = [black_fr]Stranger:[blue_fr]HEY! Bad people\nare after this Eevee and I need\lsomeone who won't stand out to\llook after it.\pYou look old enough to be a\nPokémon trainer. Will you take\lit?\p[black_fr][player]:[blue_fr]Sure... but who\nare you?

#org 0x71CCA1
    = [black_fr]You've been given a Eevee!

#org 0x71CCC1
    = [black_fr]Do you want to give Eevee a\nnickname?

#org 0x71CCEC
    = [black_fr]Stranger:[blue_fr]I'm sure it will\nbe alot safer with you, just keep\la look out for people who say\ltheir with Team Dusk and dont get\linvolved with them. The names\lRocket and im sure we will meet\lagain.\p[black_fr][player]:[blue_fr]Rocket?\p[black_fr]Rocket:[blue_fr]Yeah, I better get\ngoing! See ya around!

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x71CDFC
    #raw 0x4A 'Face Player
    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
    #raw 0x60 'Hide
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Use the hidesprite command 'hidesprite 0x(person number you want to hide)' before setflag, release,end. Personally, I didn't even know a hide applymovement even existed, I've never used it.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • The hide applymovement is good if you want to temporarily hide an NPC in the middle of a series of movements, but should always be followed up with the hidesprite command and a setflag, as pokenoobend suggests. And like Lance32497 says, make sure the person event in Advance Map is assigned the same flag you're setting in the script.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 16, 2018
    Thanks you guys. It works perfectly as planned. I'm new to this programming stuff and tried to combine two script tutorials that I saw so I expected there to be errors. Thanks again :D

Back