• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

!!Help With Team Creation!!

Lion Heart

Banned
Years
  • This is to help me make a team, as I'm pretty bad at it right now.

What things should I make sure are included?
    Include: Boltbeam, Special Sponge, Physical Wall, Tank, Special Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, Hazer/Pseudo-Hazer, Quick-Attacker or something thats resistant too STAB'ed Reversals if you have Heracrossphobia (Demonion)

Consider Normal, Ghost, Dark, Flying/Levitating, Ground pokemon, as they have immunities. (Ghost, Normal/Fighting/Psychic/Ground/Electric respectivley)(Phlemingo)

What should I avoid?
    Having 3x weaknesses to a type (Demonion)

What should I counter?
    Counter: Tauntrados, Taunttar, Boah, CMkou, CMcune, Blissey, Skarmory, Sub/Curselax, Salamence, Swampert, etc... (Demonion)

What techniques work well together?
    These Type combinations work well:
    Electric + Ice
    Electric + Fire
    Ghost + Fighting
    Ground + Rock
    Also having a Normal + Ghost Pokemon and pokemon with Levitate/Immunity can help your team if you can predict well (Demonion)

What pokemon are currently all over the current meta game?
    Skarmory, Blissey, Tyranitar/Boah, Swampert

What should I look for in a pokemon before using it?
    If it fits in your team and if it doesnt give you too many weaknesses to your team (Demonion)

What pokemon special uses in battle?
    Regice - covers boltbeam and special sponge (Husk1442)

How can I move from creating test teams, to a real competitive team?
    Create your team, battle with it and look at the moves you don't use and at the pokemon that sweep your whole team and change your team to counter them. (Demonion)

Please help, ask anyone I've battled, I need it.

As answers are posted, I'll chuck them under the question so you can see them easier, makes it easier for me to see aswell when I come back here to double check stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Lion Heart said:
    This is to help me make a team, as I'm pretty bad at it right now.

Include: Boltbeam, Special Sponge, Physical Wall, Tank, Special Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, Hazer/Pseudo-Hazer, Quick-Attacker or something thats resistant too STAB'ed Reversals if you have Heracrossphobia

What should I avoid?
    Having 3x weaknesses to a type

What should I counter?
    Counter: Tauntrados, Taunttar, Boah, CMkou, CMcune, Blissey, Skarmory, Sub/Curselax, Salamence, Swampert, etc...

Electric + Ice
    Electric + Fire
    Ghost + Fighting
    Ground + Rock
    Also having a Normal + Ghost Pokemon and pokemon with Levitate/Immunity can help your team if you can predict well

Too many too list

If it fits in your team and if it doesnt give you too many weaknesses to your team

Create your team, battle with it and look at the moves you don't use and at the pokemon that sweep your whole team and change your team to counter them.

As answers are posted, I'll chuck them under the question so you can see them easier, makes it easier for me to see aswell when I come back here to double check stuff.

Answers are in Bold, hope i helped ;)

Last edited:

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • Demonion said:
    This is to help me make a team, as I'm pretty bad at it right now.

Include: Boltbeam, Special Sponge, Physical Wall, Tank, Special Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, Hazer/Pseudo-Hazer, Quick-Attacker or something thats resistant too STAB'ed Reversals if you have Heracrossphobia

What should I avoid?
    Having 3x weaknesses to a type That's impossile man. Besides, having 4x weakness to a type in a team is very normal. You just have to have a counter.

What should I counter?
    Counter: Tauntrados, Taunttar, Boah, CMkou, CMcune, Blissey, Skarmory, Sub/Curselax, Salamence, Swampert, etc...

Electric + Ice
    Electric + Fire
    Ghost + Fighting
    Ground + Rock
    Also having a Normal + Ghost Pokemon and pokemon with Levitate/Immunity can help your team if you can predict well

Too many too list

If it fits in your team and if it doesnt give you too many weaknesses to your team

Create your team, battle with it and look at the moves you don't use and at the pokemon that sweep your whole team and change your team to counter them.

How about including a ghost, to resist normal and fighting attacks, normal, to resist ghost attas, ground, for electric, levitate/flying, you know, and dark... It's nice to switch into the enemy using that. Especially if they are cb'd.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Ice Rabbit said:
    No mention of Tyraniboah? WTF?

Read better please since i already mentioned him....Tauntrados, Taunttar, BOAH, see my previous post?

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Regice - Covers Boltbeam and special sponge

Back