• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtTuLu

P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r
Years
  • Ok, I posted this in the Simple questions thread
    and apparently I didn't even notice this thread when browsing
    but I think this is a much better place to post my question-

Hi
    Today, I learned how to insert tiles into a rom

I'm having a little trouble with something though
    I can insert the tiles fine, but actually inserting the new tiles into the actual tileset..not so much
    I know I can just copy the new tiles and paste them over into the actual tileset, but for
    really large buildings, this is very time consuming and annoying, and hard to do
    There's no grid in Block Editor or anything, so it's kind of hard to judge

I guess I can better explain using an image..
    http://i.imgur.com/UF9Ol.png
    So I managed to insert that house into a palette
    The only way I know how to get that house into the actual game is by copying
    the tiles over, one at a time
    Doing a house that way wouldn't be too bad I guess, but I want to be able to insert
    big buildings and what not, and doing that with singular tiles will take awhile

tl;dr- I'm just wondering if there's a faster or better way to copy the tiles
    over from the palette into the tileset
    if I could just like copy all of the tiles and shove it in there all at once instead of doing
    each tile one at a time etc

I really hope someone will be able to decipher this post -.-
    would appreciate if anyone knew what I was talking about/knew how to help

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Ok, I posted this in the Simple questions thread
    and apparently I didn't even notice this thread when browsing
    but I think this is a much better place to post my question-

Hi
    Today, I learned how to insert tiles into a rom

I'm having a little trouble with something though
    I can insert the tiles fine, but actually inserting the new tiles into the actual tileset..not so much
    I know I can just copy the new tiles and paste them over into the actual tileset, but for
    really large buildings, this is very time consuming and annoying, and hard to do
    There's no grid in Block Editor or anything, so it's kind of hard to judge

I guess I can better explain using an image..
    http://i.imgur.com/UF9Ol.png
    So I managed to insert that house into a palette
    The only way I know how to get that house into the actual game is by copying
    the tiles over, one at a time
    Doing a house that way wouldn't be too bad I guess, but I want to be able to insert
    big buildings and what not, and doing that with singular tiles will take awhile

tl;dr- I'm just wondering if there's a faster or better way to copy the tiles
    over from the palette into the tileset
    if I could just like copy all of the tiles and shove it in there all at once instead of doing
    each tile one at a time etc

I really hope someone will be able to decipher this post -.-
    would appreciate if anyone knew what I was talking about/knew how to help

when your in block editor, hold ctrl and right click and drag the mouse on the tiles your going to put in the tileset. each block in the tileset you use to map is made up of 4 smaller blocks so you don't really need a grid, when i use a map i don't have a grid on my tiles so i get use to it. also if you dont have enough space on tileset 1 (the tiles on top) you can insert tiles on tileset 2 (the second tile set has enough space to put more tiles, but make sure if you do use tileset 2, put the new tiles at the bottom of the tileset) (yea i know i make everything confusing).

also when you copy and paste a tile, you have to recolor it to have the same color as the rest of the tiles or it will look really bad like how you have it in your pic.

Years
  • Problem with WORLD MAP image

Hii,

I have a problem with a ROM hack of FIRE RED I am making and it concerns the world map!
    I've tried to change the background image of KANTO using:
    -UNzl (to import my own image into the rom)
    -FsF (to find free space in the rom)
    -NTME (to edit the tiles)
    -HEX Workshop (to edit the Hex codes so my image is displayed in-game)
    -$3F00F4 (code I have to edit within HexW to edit the WORLD MAP?)
    -A tutorial I found on the PC site (wich states to be the 'correct' tutorial)

Now my question is:
    Can someone please give me a tutorial that ensures me my WORLD MAP's image is changed into the one I want?
    OR..
    Can someone look into his/her heart and take a quick moment to edit it for me? Because I've been trying and trying at it for weeks now and my hack is not progressing at all because of this..

I can't give you anything for your help besides the promise that YOU can be the first person (after myself) to play my hack when I finish it.

So if there's someone out there who can help me, please reply or PM.
    It will be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Jeffrey

How do you change the background image of the WORLD MAP in PKMN Fire Red?

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • rate this map

this is originally route 2 from fire red, this the in my opinion the best of the maps i have created so far so can you offer some constructive critism and tell me whether i am on the right tracks...

Oo movement permissions are a problem also. i use advance map and i only know these:

1 - cant walk
    c - can walk
    4 - surf

but in this map i use stairs and elevated ground so i figured they would need some different permissions, so if you could tell me what they are that would be lovely

Regards joe

Edit:
    to view the map:
    click the mini version
    click the larger version
    click on the next window and it will be normal size

sorry (:

Attachments

• route 2.jpg
      route 2.jpg
      184.7 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • this is originally route 2 from fire red, this the in my opinion the best of the maps i have created so far so can you offer some constructive critism and tell me whether i am on the right tracks...

Oo movement permissions are a problem also. i use advance map and i only know these:

1 - cant walk
    c - can walk
    4 - surf

but in this map i use stairs and elevated ground so i figured they would need some different permissions, so if you could tell me what they are that would be lovely

Regards joe

Edit:
    to view the map:
    click the mini version
    click the larger version
    click on the next window and it will be normal size

sorry (:

Put 0 on the stairs and 10 on the elevated positions you can walk on.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Put 0 on the stairs and 10 on the elevated positions you can walk on.

Or he can use 0x14 for the upper layer. The difference between 0x10 and 0x14 is that on blocks with 0x10, the player will be shown above both layers, regardless of what the Background Byte is set to. So, for example, the player will be shown above the top third of trees, above roofs, etc. 0x14 is exactly the same as 0xC except the player can't walk from 0x14 to 0xC directly.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2019
    Editing Event Pokemon

As you can see from the attatchment, I want to set Mew as a Wild Pokemon from a Map Event. (In case you were wondering, the attatchment was based on the part of Navel rock in which Lugia lies)

I was wondering how I can set Mew to appear there at level 40, rather than a level 70 Lugia.
    Please answer,
    wutballs

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    ROM crashes when warping

I am creating my first hack, but I'm running into some trouble.
    I used to be able to go out the door from the player's house to Pallet Town with no trouble, even after remapping both areas.
    But all of a sudden, I get an error message when I try.
    It says

"The rom-image has crashed."

I've tried replacing both warps (player's house -> Pallet Town and Pallet Town -> player's house), and replacing my new Pallet Town with the default one, but nothing works.

I'm using NO$GBA and FireRed.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back