• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2008
    what is the best moveset for butterfree To face the elite 4 on fire red

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ahhhh, Butterfree. I always use it on my team as well. While it isn't a great competitive Pokemon by any stretch of the imagination, it does perform well against the pathetic AI. Here is your moveset.

Butterfree @ Quick Claw / Leftovers
    Trait: Compoundeyes
    EVs: 4 / HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Sleep Powder
    - Stun Spore / Toxic

Typical Double Powder. Normally I suggest to NEVER use an item like Quick Claw, as 90% of the time it is like holding nothing at all, but in this instance you need to give Butterfree ever possible opportunity to go first. Standard process is Sleep Powder (or Stun Spore/Toxic for Early Birds), then either an appropriate attack or a switch to a different Pokemon for a free hit since the AI is too stupid to switch out. Personally, I typically switched to a SubPuncher to get a Sub up and then sweep through the "elite" 4.

Good luck.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Sorry, but threads asking for individual movesets for non-competitive purposes are not allowed~

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back