• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP!!!

Years
  • Tell them it helps you keep up your social skills by going to leagues and it keeps you off the computer, though these only work if you have other friends who play or actually go to leagues. And it actually involves using your brain for strategy, requiring more strategy than almost any card game played with a standard 52 card deck, and certainly requiring more math than almost any card game.

Those are just the first things to come to my mind.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Maybe they've already bought a present...? Have you tried asking why they won't get you any? You could always ask for money for Christmas and then buy your own. ^^

Maybe they've already bought a present...? Have you tried asking why they won't get you any? You could always ask for money for Christmas and then buy your own. ^^

Well, actually. I asked them why. My dad says I'm not responsible enough, and my mom thinks they teach witchcraft (Whatever! >.> ). And if I ask my parents to get me something for christmas and they say no, they won't let me buy that with my own money, which is totally unfair because it's my money and i should be able to spend it how i want.

Years
  • Explain to your mother that it's just a game, although if she does think it teaches witchcraft she's probably beyond the point of convincing - but it doesn't resemble witchcraft so much as it resembles a sci-fi setup with all the futuristic technologies in use as well as super-powered and cute "mutant" creatures battling, which certainly isn't witchcraft, haha. If they think you're not responsible, prove to them you are. If you're over 12, there's a very high chance you're responsible enough to handle Pokemon cards and not damage or lose them. Heck, I've been collecting Pokemon cards since I was 8, and though I've damaged a few cards in those early years, it was because I wasn't storing them properly and they would get damaged when left out, and I learned my lessons as a collector very quickly. Accidental card damage can happen to anyone, though.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • You can also tell your parents that once they get older, you can sell them for a really high price. Although this may not be entirely true.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Initially I'd have gone for telling your mam to stop being ridiculous and crazy, but I'm gonna guess that's not going to help get you what you want. I'd probably just go for asking money (if they haven't already gotten you a present) then buy the cards yourself. I'm failing to see how they can actually stop you... unless they keep your money for you? Which is a bit silly... I mean, you're young, but you're 14... most 14-year-olds are responsible enough to keep their own money.

Sounds like they're treating you like a little kid tbh D: glad I never had that bother. Although I didn't play Pokémon when I was 14 haha, I was much younger than that when I started. And then I'd moved out of home when I started again :P

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
    Years
  • Pokemon cards teach math when battling, such as when you subtract the damage from another card, or when you multiply to determine damage.

Back