• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heracross ftw.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Rock Slide and Swords Dance could be a good idea.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Slide / Substitute
    - Brick Break / Focus Punch
    - Megahorn
    Sub and FP go together. Otherwise, run Rock Slide and Brick Break.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Slide / Substitute
    - Brick Break / Focus Punch
    - Megahorn
    Sub and FP go together. Otherwise, run Rock Slide and Brick Break.

Rock Slide and Brick Break are better in my opinion. Subpunching may not work well all the time.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Rock Slide and Brick Break are better in my opinion. Subpunching may not work well all the time.

Your opponent is using Exeggutor.
    You are using Heracross.
    Your opponent knows you have Megahorn.
    Your opponent switches Exeggutor to save it for later use.
    Your opponent switches in Skarmory.
    You use Substitute.
    Heracross tightens its focus.
    Skarmory uses Drill Peck.
    Heracross's Substitute breaks.
    Heracross uses Focus Punch.
    Skarmory is down by around 37-47% health.

You use Milotic.
    Your opponent is using Camerupt.
    Your opponent is not a fool.
    You know this.
    Your opponent switches out Camerupt.
    Your opponent switches in Snorlax.
    Milotic uses Hypnosis.
    Snorlax falls asleep.
    You switch in Heracross.
    Snorlax is still asleep.
    Your opponent switches out Snorlax.
    Your opponent switches in Skarmory.
    You use Substitute.
    Heracross tightens its focus.
    Skarmory uses Drill Peck.
    Heracross's Substitute breaks.
    Heracross uses Focus Punch.
    Skarmory is down by around 37-47% health.

I've got about 50 more.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • Okay Hera can do a lot of stuff.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 116 HP / 180 Atk / 72 Def / 140 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch / Brick Break
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide
    - Sleep Talk

It can also Stalk, Reversal, and Swords Dance efficiently.

I'd rather just FP on the switch if I was confident on them switching Skarm in.

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
  • hehe, i never thought about those combos... then again, i lack a rock slide tutor, used it already on an onix.... and Megahorn is learned at lvl 57 i think, at least 7 lvls past the 50 mark... yeah, refreshed data, megahorn learned at lvl 56, 6 lvls past the 50 mark...

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ouch. Onix learns Rock Slide through breeding.

You can also get a Lv5 Heracross with Megahorn (and a Lv5 Shroomish with Spore, Lv5 Larvitar with Crunch, etc.) through breeding too.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Okay Hera can do a lot of stuff.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 116 HP / 180 Atk / 72 Def / 140 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch / Brick Break
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide
    - Sleep Talk

It can also Stalk, Reversal, and Swords Dance efficiently.

I'd rather just FP on the switch if I was confident on them switching Skarm in.

What good is sleep talk without rest, unless you are relying on your opponents to put you to sleep

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • no matter how effective you guys make Sleep Talk out to be on Heracross, i won't believe it. correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Sleep Talk randomly choose a move? i understand Guts' role but the risk just doesn't seem in your favor, especially with Focus Punch... and with Aerial Ace being all around, this use of Stalk just sounds dangerous.

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Reversal all the way. Max out attack and make sure he has 264 speed, at least. Give him a salac berry, megahorn, endure, reversal and swords dance and you're set. In my opinion the choice band set is the next best.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Reversal all the way. Max out attack and make sure he has 264 speed, at least. Give him a salac berry, megahorn, endure, reversal and swords dance and you're set. In my opinion the choice band set is the next best.
    Knowing that there's Quick Attackers, Ghost Types, and Sand Stream Tyranitars spying everywhere, then Reversal really isn't one of the best options =/

Reversal is what's used in the uber metagame.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • no matter how effective you guys make Sleep Talk out to be on Heracross, i won't believe it. correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Sleep Talk randomly choose a move? i understand Guts' role but the risk just doesn't seem in your favor, especially with Focus Punch... and with Aerial Ace being all around, this use of Stalk just sounds dangerous.

All around? That's only in the N00Blet metagame. As far as I know, flying moves in the OU are usually only found on Skarmory, Dugtrio, Gyarados and Salamence (Although some specifically anti-Hera Zapdos builds might have Drill Peck). That's certainly not all around, and if one of those matchups springs up, there's still the marvelous technique of switching, saving the Guts-hax Heracross for later use. Also, I do believe that F-Punch's normal limitation is partially bypassed with Sleep Talk, since - I think - it can't be distracted until you get the 'tightening its focus' message, which won't come until Hera uses Sleep Talk (Since until then Focus Punch has not been decided on) so as long as Hera is slower than the opponent you get away with it. Meh, Brick Break for those faint of heart. Guts-powered STAB Focus Punch is well worth the risk imo. Plus, Sleep Talk also brings that element of unpredictability into the game, making people far more cautious about switching and such.

Last edited:

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    You'd be surprised by how many people forget to counter reversal. I've swept many a team with it, and often times I'm able to take out their quick attacker early on, and use a weather move to cancel out sand stream.

Back