• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here, have a present!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    From day one, you receive a Pokemon as a gift. From Saffron to getting that Eevee or across the ocean to Hoenn where you can finally get a Beldum, which gift Pokemon is your favorite and how often did you actually use it? Don't count starters, since they're too popular or whatever.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Larvesta was a gift as an egg and it's my favorite because it became Volcarona and Volcarona is the best forever.

I also really liked the Eevee though because gift Pokemon were still a complete shock to me back then so I was beyond ecstatic about that one haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I love my Shuckle. He's just so adorable in his own derpy way.

~Moonmover

I evolved Evee into Volteon. Now it can use Pin Missile to STAB EVERYONE AT ONCE! Mwaahahahahahahaa, yessssssssssss.

~BLOODMEAT

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I like getting Eevee. Seven Pokemon to evolve it into and its one of my favorite Pokemon,plus in most games its the only way to get one without trading.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Beldum is a beast. I love getting free Pokemon I don't have to search for hours trying to find. Getting Larvesta is pretty beast, too.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Eevee was my first decent gift Pokemon and I loved it so. Because Gary M[REDACTED] Oak stole it from me and I had to be with Pikachu. And then I lost twice to Gary...

...It all became nice at the Elite 4 when he had a Vaporeon and a Ninetales with only one good move (Fire Spin). So, yeah, Eevee.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I think the best gift Pokemon was the original Lapras from the Silph Co. Building. That was a real pleasant surprise for such a cool Pokemon, and made me smile when I was first playing the game at 6.

Years
  • My favorite Gift Pokemon to receive was always the Lapras in Silph Co. It seemed so random, especially the first time ("You're attempting to save us? Here, take this Lapras).

And even though they're starter Pokemon, I did like getting the starters from other regions in Heart Gold.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Any gift Eevee in any game. I'm pretty keen on all of the eeveelutions, so I usually make use of Eevee in any game I can receive it as a gift.

I mostly use Jolteon, as it's my favorite pokemon, but I've also used Vaporeon, Espeon and Leafeon frequently.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My favorite has to be Eevee gift Pokemon cause I can evolve it into Umbreon. Usually I get Umbreon first and then use it to hatch eggs and get the other Eeveelutions.

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I love the Eevee you get. It's a great teammate in Gen I and it can evolve into seven different types by Gen IV.

I never used the Beldum much because by the time I get it I usually have my entire team.

Also, Lapras. It's nice to get a decent Water type that's not a starter.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Would certainly be the Riolu from Riley. They're just so darn cute, not to mention Lucario is boss...(in my opinion)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to go with both Lapras and Beldum there.

Lapras because of how much it helped me against the Elite 4 back in my Fire Red run.

Beldum because of how much of a powerhouse it turned out to be once it evolved into a Metagross in my Ruby run.

Back