• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You're bumping once a day with new material, so it's alright ^^

Well there's not much one can say about your work that's bad. Well, there's your choice of colours that doesn't really seem to be in line with the Pokemon GBA style, but since you've consistently maintained the colour choice throughout all your sprites, it doesn't really matter.

That said, I love everything about your sprites. The lineart and shading is always great, and I the concepts of many of them are really cool. I particularly like Occultales, since that full "powerful lion" type pose rocks.

It's a shame that we haven't seen anything new from you lately. Why not?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    well, thanks. and i agree, i'm not very good with keeping the sprites consistent with the pokemon style. truth is i'm just not that great of a spriter, not being able to imitate a very simple spriting style. D/P style is much simpler, so my newer sprites are at least reminiscent of it. speaking of which, yes i do have newer material... i just haven't posted it yet =D

Pinyin (Old Egg Poke - Normal/Poision [Acid, Leer, Lick, Tackle, Harden])
    Corpinyin (Hard Shell Poke - Normal/Poison [Poison Fang, Sludge, Softboiled, Egg Bomb, Tickle..])
    Minkak (Fur Poke - Dark/Electric [Leer, Thunderwave, Faint Attack, Sand Attack...])
    Volrunt (Flamethrower Poke - Ember, Quick Attack, Agility, Mirror Shot..])
    Volshank (Flamethrower Poke - Metal Claw, Fury Swipes, Fire Spin, Iron Head...])
    Icikid (Ice Shot Poke - Ice [Icicle Spere, Double Kick, Double Slap, Double Team...])
    Icidol (Ice Shot Poke - Ice/Fighting [Ice Punch, Mind Reader, Dynamic Punch, Blizzard...])

yah i know i said they'd get better... just not yet XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Good works, inspiring. Not to me anyway. :P

But still, good detail, shading and overall shape.

Keep up teh good works..! :)

Samson

Years
    thanks ^.^

Waipod (Drain Pod Poke - Grass/Electric [Absorb, Thunderwave, Tackle, Sweet Scent...])
    Ectorzorb (Drainage Poke - Mega Drain, Shock Wave, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up...])
    Panden (Panda Poke - Normal [Body Slam, Endure, Rest...])
    Gourdid (Pumpkin Poke - Grass [Bullet Seed, Leech Seed, Ingrain, Vine Whip...])
    Gourdilant (Lantern Poke - Grass/Ghost [Giga Drain, Hypnosis, Fire Spin, Will-o-Wisp, Dream Eater...])
    Odigourd (Blower Poke - Grass/Steel [Razor Wind, Razor Leaf, Barrage, Selfdestruct, Seed Bomb, Whirlwind...])
    Racoodo (Thief Poke - Dark/Psychic [Teleport, Thief, Snatch, Confusion, Trick, Agility])
    Yeggudo (Burglar Poke - Dark/Psychic [Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Embargo, Knock Off, Barrier, Pursuit])

note: gourdid split-evolves into the two following it. ya i know... cute thing turns into monsters. i like them =)

Last edited:

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
    I'm absoultely loving Gourdid and Gourdilant! They're easily my favorite of all your sprites and I wish they were real Pokemon. Excellent work!

Samson

Years
    thanks =D... i'm a fan of the concepts myself, but not so fond of the sprites =/

Rotom (Plasma Poke)
    Xenother (Plasma Poke - Electric/Ghost [same basic movepool as Rotom])
    Weezul (Buizel Pre-Evo)
    Agliss (Glacier Poke - Ice/Normal *Speed Boost* [Icy Wind, Pound, Agility, Encore, Attract...])
    Elagliss (Skii Poke - Ice/Normal *Speed Boost* [Baton Pass, Double Kick, Metronome, Wish...])
    Leckle (Kecleon Pre-Evo - Normal)
    Vircalf (Miltank/Tauros Pre-evo - Normal)
    Trotter (Stanlter Pre-evo - Normal)

omg that weezul backsprite is so bad ._.

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    BUMP. it's another day.

Mawaid (Clamp Poke - Steel [Astonish, Clamp...]) *Mawile pre-evo*
    Jypsol (Seduction Poke - Steel/Ghost [Shadow Punch, Meteor Mash, Spite, Spite...]) *Mawile evo*
    Ossincise (Puncture Poke - Fighting/Poison [Poison Sting, Karate Chop, Bone Club, Toxic Spikes, ...])
    Ossintoss (Throwing Poke - Fighting/Poison [Seismic Toss, Arm Thrust, Poison Jab, Cross Chop, Bonemerang, Counter...])
    Stormidran (Thunderstorm Poke - Dragon/Electric *Dragonair split-evo*)
    Dunspargo (Earth Dragon Poke - Normal/Dragon *Dunsparce evo* [Swagger, Dragonbreath, Double Edge...])

note: the stormidran concept was by someone else who drew his sketches on paint and posted them here on pc. i believe that person left... yami____.

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    today really hasn't been a good day for me, but i was able to get a couple hours to myself just now, so here they are:

Knifish (Swordfish Poke - Water/Poison *Qwilfish evo* [Poison Tail, Spike Cannon, Acid Defense...])
    Illaimant (Air Wave Poke - Bug/Electric *Illumise evo* [Thunderbolt, Tail Glow, Signal Beam...])
    Beatote (Protector Poke - Bug/Ground *Volbeat evo* [Magnitude, Megahorn, Reversal...])
    Hulkwell (Grind Poke - Bug/Rock *Shuckle evo* [same moveset])
    Funamber (Performer Poke - Poison [Charm, Double Slap, Taunt, Sing, Assist, Acid..])
    Funimbel (Acrobat Poke - Poison [Teeter Dance, Wake-up Slap, Fake Out, Sludge,...])
    Terrange (Hard Soil Poke - Rock [Rock Blast, Harden, Horn Attack, Ancient Power, Amnesia...])
    Terrapul (Island Poke - Rock/Electric [Power Gem, Rock Tomb, Horn Drill, Charge Beam, Light Screen])

if some of the sprites don't show up, well then i'll have to worry about that later.

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    another day! good morn/noon/afternoon folks.

Urntherm (Coal Urn Poke - Rock/Fire [Smog, Rock Blast, Sunny Day, Smokescreen, Rapid Spin, Fire Spin, Barrage...])
    Thermiker (Sun Clock Poke - Rock/Fire *Drought* [Block, Heat Wave, Rock Tomb, Selfdestruct, Earth Power, Spikes...])
    Lumeet (Sky Light Poke - Bug *Volbeat/Illumise pre-evo* [Minimize])
    Vigilan (Insomnia Poke - Ghost/Psychic [Hypnosis, Astonish, Psywave, Gravity, Fake Tears, Confuse Ray, Nightmare...])
    Kagog (Nightmare Poke - Ghost/Psychic [Dream Eater, Extrasensory, Curse, Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Nightmare, Recover, Heal Block...])

i once had the base stats for all of these pokes, but i can't find that file ._.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    O_O

You make 5-7 (x2 because of back sprites) sprites a day? *Bows* Unearthly.

I mean, they're top quality - good looking sprites, I am simply amazed.
    By throwing a quick glance at them, I really can't say there's something wrong with them. But, Kagog's hands look a bit awkward, nothing too heavy thou.

Keep it up, man! You're really good/fast ^^

Samson

Years
    XD no i don't make these everyday. these have been done for months. i have been keeping them to the privacy of a hack when i thought the hack was alive, but it is dead. so i've been going by my promise to release all these sprites to the public.

i'm only posting a few at a time because it makes it easier on me to make sure that their URLs have not died out and to make a general level-up movepool for each.

and sebbe: nah, that's not my thing. i may have to consider it though... i haven't drawn a new concept in a month! XD

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    All of them are really good.

I especially like Denspargo. You've turned one of my most hated Pokemon (Dunsparce) into a Pokemon with a great evolution. All of your Pokemon seem to have a mystical/ancient feel to them which I like, but they all look like rock types to me. You should try doing some brighter colours and maybe some with less of an armour appearance.

But hey, doesn't matter. REALLY love 'em.

Samson

Years
    thanks for the comments! and urser, yeah i agree. my choice of color hasn't been best-suited for the style of the game. i do get a little better at that with my most recent sprites, but not that better XD -- and hey, dunsparce is awesome.

Kokoan (Bean Poke - Poison/Grass [Acid, Leech Seed, Sweet Scent, Nature Power, ...])
    Kokoarin (Fudge Poke - Poison/Steel [Sludge Bomb, Milk Drink, Gastro Acid, Mirror Shot, Reflect, Aromatherapy])
    Skarabif (Haul Poke - Bug [Fury Cutter, Focus Energy, Rage, Fury Swipes, Bulk Up, Revenge..])
    Mantibif (Predator Poke - Bug [Seismic Toss, Swords Dance, Thrash, X-Scissor, Suckerpunch,...])
    Himagos (Predator Poke - Bug/Dragon [Outrage, Superpower, Morning Sun...])
    Vuduv (Humanshape Poke - Ice/Psychic *Jynx Evo* [Substitute, Pain Split, Thunderpunch])

yah i know what you're thinking... Kokoarin is the weirdest thing you've seen. i love it ^.^

Samson

Years
    *BUMP* new day.

Neepeen (Wave Ride Poke - Water/Steel [Quick Attack, Supersonic, Aqua Jet, Fury Attack, Bullet Punch...])
    Neawade (Water Jet Poke - Water/Steel *Guts/Swift Swim* [Pursuit, Whirlpool, Iron Head, Dive, Ice Punch...])
    Freshet (Stream Poke - Water [Splash, Bubble, Aqua Ring, Acid Defense, Safeguard, Odor Sleuth, Refresh, Recycle...])
    Frespritz (Cascade Poke - Water/Ghost [Bubblebeam, Confuse Ray, Water Spout, Spite, Ominous Wind...])
    Pumelby (Ground Shift Poke - Ground/Fighting [Tackle, Magnitude, Knock Off, Detect, Rapid Spin...])
    Pumelbro (Ground Shift Poke - Ground/Fighting [Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Light Screen, Barrier, Wring Out...])

i so hate that backsprite of frespritz. no matter what i tried, i couldn't seem to fix it =(

Last edited:

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    Stormidran (Thunderstorm Poke - Dragon/Electric *Dragonair split-evo*)

note: the stormidran concept was by someone else who drew his sketches on paint and posted them here on pc. i believe that person left... yami____.

Your sprites are drawn better than mine, but they need to be brightly coloured since there pretty dull.When you introduce some of the evo's, they look a bit royal, like Vuduv and Illmiant(sp?).

There's a problem about Stormidran, because Dragonite already has two pre-evos, meaning it's a complete family, if Stormidran was let in the family it would make a 4th stage line but the maximun is 3rd stage.

Anyways, I like your starters, but I only saw there backs, if you sprited there exact sprite, tell me what page they'er on.;)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    There's a problem about Stormidran, because Dragonite already has two pre-evos, meaning it's a complete family, if Stormidran was let in the family it would make a 4th stage line but the maximun is 3rd stage.

It says that it is a dragonair split evo so dragonair evolves into it I assume it is a male/female evolution

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back