• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

he's 4 months old :)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    sodom is banned from replying to this thread

do you want children? how many? preferred genders?
    if not, why?
    what process do you think you will take if you do have kids? ie: pregnancy/surrogacy/adoption
    will you play favourites?
    have you picked out any names? lorelei céline étienne and penelope are mine i will report your ass if you use one in your post

Years
  • I don't know tbh. On the one hand it's such a huge commitment and everything but on the other hand I actually really like the idea of settling down with someone and raising children of my own. Definitely wouldn't go for more than two though, maybe three tops. I'm not really bothered about gender.

I haven't really thought about process because that's something i'd have to discuss with my eventual partner. I dunno if i'd go with a surrogate, because even if I'd like to have a child that was mine I think it'd be weird if we both knew one child was ours and not the other or something. Adoption

And I can never think of good names for kids, although I SWORE that my eventual kids would be Poliwhirl and Charizard when I was like three. I'd like something unique but not completely out there, maybe something with Irish origins like Cillian, or even something like Arya if I can avoid telling people i named my child after an asoiaf character. e: Oh! Jensen is a name I've always liked actually, I'd be down with naming a kid that.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • If we have to adopt, then I want two twin girls, preferably of Eastern origin.

If I can have my own genetics passed, I want as many kids as it takes to have one son. If our first child is male I want another until we have a girl, but if we have a girl first we won't have more after him.

As for names, the twin girls will be Amalthea and Adrastea, the former for who came second and the latter for who came first. I haven't decided on what names I may use for female offspring of mine, but my son will also be an Alexander, with a numeral II. He will not be referred to as a 'junior'.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No I never want to have kids and I have a lot of reasons why, but I don't really like going into them. I think my fate will be to be with many men until I'm in my 30s/40s where I'll meet a man who already has children and is divorced and then somehow we'll seal the deal. I just pray they're older.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Minimum, zero. Maximum, two.

Zero, because should I find someone truly wonderful and they don't want any... I dunno, I feel like I can't miss what I don't have?

Two, because I think it's nice to have siblings within some close range of years of each other. Gotta a built-in life-long friend and playing companion.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    No children for me, please. I never really wanted them for as long as I can remember, although I would play around with names because at least that part is fun. I have a lot I want to accomplish and children don't play a part in that future.

Names I like (just for the lulz):
    Girls: Olivia, Sophia & Theodora
    Boys: Bryan & Jesse

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd like two children, one boy, one girl. Twins would be nice, I don't think they'd be as prone to fighting with each other as perhaps when one's older than the other. Haven't thought of the whole process, though for me personally, the window's closing for the pregnancy option. In a perfect world, wouldn't play favorites, but if one of my kids turns out to be a huge douche I'm probably gonna prefer their sibling haha. I have a couple of possible female names in mind, I'm terrible at thinking of male names.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't know if I really want kids, but I'm not against the idea. The only thing I'd be against, though, is only having one, only because I feel like if I were an only child I'd be pretty lonely, haha.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    In the beginning I was absolutely sure I never would want a kid, mostly because I couldn't see myself as mom material and because they're expensive and stuff. Later (read: a few years ago until recently) I was sure that I would want to have one someday, when certain conditions are met (house, husband, etc.). Now, I'm mostly on the fence about it. There are certain specific things that I'm worried about passing on or having an extra hard time teaching to a kid because of things about me. There're no take-backsies with a kid or how they turn out, either, and there's lots of things I want to do with my life but there is a finite amount of time and money that I will ever have access to. I think I could be happy either having one kid or having none. It would depend on what my hypothetical future hubby and I decide when all the pieces are in place, I guess. As for how I want to have one, I wanna do it the old fashioned way, not only because boinking is awesome, but because my inner ontogeny nerd would be delighted if I grew my own offspring. Gender-wise, I don't have a preference. I am a girl but I grew up with boys so I'd be down either way.

Years
  • I'm not sure if I ever want kids, if I ever do I'll probably adopt. They're plenty of kids in the world as it is and many seem to lack any one who cares for them so adoption doesn't seem like a bad route to take.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd kind of like one boy and one girl. I'd like the boy first because I'd really like a son and if I decide he's all I need, I'd rather have my one child be a boy than a girl. My preference for a boy is because of the name and because I feel that I could raise a better son. The world we live in now is just...I don't know. I think I could raise a daughter, but I don't think I would be able to equip her with enough knowledge and strength on how to deal with current society's takes on women. And ugh I guess I'd go through pregnancy for it. I don't like the idea of being enormous and having to sleep on my back for 9 months and all that, but oh well.

I like the name Eoin Mar for a boy. If I had a girl, probably Zelda Nell.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd rather not, but the future is never certain, is it? It's not something I like to talk about very much, but basically, I feel children would overtake my identity and people would just think of me as their mother rather than as my own individual due to the way motherhood is depicted in media. That incentive people have to continue their legacy... I don't have it myself and I really do not understand it. A child would never be the continuation of myself, because they're a different person. And to call them a part of me is an injustice. I am not a part of my parents. I'd be insulted if anyone suggested I was. And I have no desire to fill this world with spawn for the sake of the instincts of reproduction which humans still have in powerful quantities.

I'd rather live on for a long time than have a child. And if I could exchange my ability to bear children for that, I'd definitely go for it. Besides, a child's a crapshoot. You never know how the thing's going to turn out. Even if you raise it in all the right ways, a person's never a guarantee. Also, all of the money and the thought of having to spend my me time taking care of it... it isn't appealing.

We'll see what happens though. But if I do decide to create a thing, it will ONLY be one. I am not going to spread myself thin with any more. And I will hope that twins do NOT happen.

And a bit of a later addition: Not against adopting at all. If I ever decided to do this though, I'd probably take in an older child. Like a young teenager. That way, most of the annoying parts of it not being fully sentient would be out of the way. And yes, I know teenagers are a hassle. But I'd much rather deal with one of those older kids that nobody really wants than a small child. I don't like young child and do not understand them.

Last edited:

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I'm on the fence on children, but I'm leaning more towards no. First I need to find a guy that's worth even having kids with and gets me, and that's a whole 'nother story so having kids barely crosses my mind because I haven't found the one yet. But one thing is sure, I don't like other people's children at all, but I can tolerate if they're maybe nicer kids. I never was interested in that stuff as a child where the girls play with the baby dolls nor have I ever wanted to babysit like other girls when I was in high school so I don't really know what to do with or around children in the first place.
    Having children is a huge responsibility and I can't even fathom it right now. Maybe when I get a bit older, I'll reconsider but I'm more interested in school, my career and animals right now. I remember back in highschool the guys and I used to just call babies "crying wastes of money". And to an extent, it was right, kids do cost a lot. Then there's the birthing process and eh :/
    I rarely ever think about kids but if I do change my mind, 2 is a nice number. So is 3 but I definitely wouldn't want them to be an only child. It would be so lonely. I wouldn't want them to be too far apart in age either. No more than 4 years. I always wanted to have boys too, I think it would be cheaper (besides they eat alot) because there's no wasting money on hair/nails/fashion. I can connect with boys better as well and I just don't understand sometimes what goes on in other women's heads, so that's why I think boys would be better for me even though they go through that rebel stage and eat tons. Girls are cuter but eh... I feel like I lack the emotional support to give to a girl. I can see my future husband in my mind's eye with a daughter and how cute that would be but eh :/
    As far as names go, I have came up with one, and it's Jaeson. I'm horrible with girl names so I never thought of any lol
    Things might change but that's just how I feel at this moment.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I love children, but I can't picture myself wanting my own in the future. I know it would be really naive of me to say I'll never change my mind, of course, but so far I can't imagine doing so. I've seen how difficult it is to raise children, and though I know there's so much good that comes with it as well, it's not something I necessarily want or need in my life.

For names, I do really like Linda and Rory.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • sodom is banned from replying to this thread

Legitimately lol'd but I'm gonna reply anyway

My hatred for children, the reasons for that and the reasons I think everybody should stop having biological children are well-documented so I won't bother going into it again - instead I'll tell you the names I'd choose if I did have them.

For a girl I've always liked Lily and Meredith and for a boy I've always liked cool relaxed names like Nick, Jake, Luke, Connor etc. But recently I've also taken a real liking to the name Baxter, which I've named my car lol

Yukari

I really can't see me having children. I hate the way that they act, and I really wouldn't be a good father.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm only going to have a kid if I end up with the right guy. Surely, we can't predict that. Right now I don't want kids yet. I want to be a little more older. If I do have one, I'd like a boy, because in my family, we always pop out girls, and we desperately need boys in both sides of my family. lol.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • No kids. I can't bring someone into the world and raise them for 20 years. It's not that I think they're bad or anything but if anything were to happen they would be more on the line than I would. I would never want to inflict that on anyone.

Back