• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, All~

Captios

閉じた恋の瞳
Years
  • Hmm. What should I write here? That is the question. I'd like to make a nice first impression, but I suppose I can make my best impression once I actually start posting, huh?

Well I'll make a long post regardless, because I don't really have much else to do right meow. :P

Who am I? Well, I guess I'll start with that. My name is Clarence, Louisiana-born, half-Manchurian Chinese, half-Japanese. I'm still Clarence and Sino-Japanese, but now I'm a SoCalifornian. Oh, I'm fifteen and a half and a high school sophomore now too. I'm rather stereotypically skilled at mathematics, but an avid lover of history and geography besides. I no life on that [on Civfanatics too!] primarily, which is kind of sad, but oh well. :P Everything else in school is kind of boring to me. Oh, except music. I love music. I'm an OK pianist that's finally learned to love it. Non-academically, I enjoy, like an average American teenager, vidyer gamez. BF4, Minecraft, Civilization IV, Europa Universalis III, Victoria 2, and most importantly...

*Drumroll*

Touhou Project! :D

Like I said prior, I'm an active member of the Civfanatics forum, mostly on the NES subforum where we NESers take hold of nations in huge RP like games and all strive to be the most scientifically advanced/military powerful/diplomatically successful/derpy nation possible. It's awesome and not weird, trust me.

Random academical asides include music as stated above, random-Wikipedia-surfing [if you can call that academic], and languages. I love languages. Right now it's French, Mandarin, and Japanese, but Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, and German are next on my list. :D

RUSSIAN! WAAAAH I'M GOING TO RUSSIA IN THE SUMMER, IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! XD!!!

Randomness asides, those above are my main interests, excepting Pokemon, of course. ;)

Oh wow, I've played Pokemon for over half my life. Me being merely 15, that's not much of a statement, but regardless, I love Pokemon still <3. My first game was FireRed, I think, that I got in 2005, in English in the second grade. Then I got a Japanese Emerald, an English Emerald, a Japanese Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, an English Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, a French Platinum [lol], a Japanese HeartGold and SoulSilver, and finally an English White and White 2.

I swear it's not an obsession, and we're not uber-wealthy. I just got as many games as possible and begged my parents and and grandparents every year of my middle and elementary school life. :C And besides, I'm obsessed with Touhou, not Pokemon.

I rekindled my interest in 2012 with the acquisition of White and really just got back into it at the beginning of this year. I found out about Pokemon Showdown and was like 'Oh sweet this is cool, but I'm not going to spend much time on it...'

Yeah that didn't last long. I love competitive battling now, but only in NU for whatever odd reason.

Sadly [to me, not my grades and social life, who must be cheering with my decision], I haven't acquired a 3DS and thus X or Y. I'm adamant in my decision, however, cause as much as I want to play the games, I really couldn't care less about getting myself a 3DS. Better mooch on my friends' ones instead. >:D I play games primarily on my PC now, by the way.

Speaking of which, Gen 6 is so confusing to me. :C

Well, I suppose that's all.

No, wait. It isn't.

I forgot one thing. The most important thing of all.

Ampharos. I love Ampharos. My favorite Pokemon of all time has always been Ampharos.

Favorite type is Steel though. <3

Anyways, I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas and I hope y'all will have a Happy New Years as well!

Regards, Cap.

Years
  • Touhou has some super cute characters! I actually had the username "Cirno" here up until last month. She's one of my favorites even though I've never played. n~n; Welcome welcome, Clarence! Good to meet you~

Congrats on going to Russia as well. I was born there and am fluent in the language so perhaps I can help you out sometime if you're confused. :) It's great to be bilingual though I also speak minor French from taking three semesters in college and am slowly but surely learning Japanese. Maybe you'd like to join the language fanclub?! You seem like a perfect person to become a member and it's been a bit quiet lately so now is an especially great time to breathe life into it again. The members would be very happy.

Amazing to have more big Pokemon fans, too; we really can't get enough of those. I've played since I was 8 and am a whopping 22 now so that's.. quite a while. Lots of people here are like that! You're going to make so many friends so be sure to stick around and let the staff know if you need help. <3 See you, Clarence!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • ohhh nice intro! I love getting to know new people properly! Anywhooo, first of, welcome to PC, Clarence! It's really nice to meet you, and I hope you're doing well!

I really like mathematics, and I used to take a lot of advanced classes with math too. Mind you, they were long, tedious classes, but, math is pretty much an enjoyable subject, imo! History is amazing too, and I used to love learning about the World War I & World War II history from high school. Not sure why, but, it's pretty interesting to learn what goes on at the world, no? Oh and heeey I used to play Civilization too! Back when my mother's former fiancee played it, and bought me a copy too! It was an addicting game, which as I think about it, I guess that's one reason why I personally love Fire Emblem, ahah. Hey, from one gamer to another, maybe try checking out the Video Games board, hm? We chat about all sorts of games there, and we'd love to see you!

FireRed is definitely a good pokemon game to start off with, which I think it was a really great remake of the original R/B/Y games during it's time! I used to play that and pokemon Emerald too, and I also grouped up with a bunch of friends and we'd battle in each others secret bases. It was pretty fun, and that was the first time I've learned about EV and IV training too. Hehe, I used to beg my parents to buy the pokemon games for me too. Fortunately, they gave my pokemon yellow when I was 5 years old, and Pokemon Emerald was for my birthday! So you're not alone there. :p

Ampharos is quite a unique pokemon, and I do love using it Pokemon HeartGold too! In fact, I think it's one of my favourite electric type pokemon of all time alongside Jolteon, Raichu, and Luxray.. and maybe a few others that are loose in my mind! But you know, I do hope that you'll at least try out the Gen 6 pokemon games someday, which yeah, Gen 6's new mechanics, especially the new fairy type is pretty confusing, but you know, I think it also opens up new strategy and battle forumlas! In which, I'm always on board there. Same thing goes for Gen 6 competitive battling; I'm glad to see that you're playing competitive as well! Although, I haven't played NU in a looong while, in which, I should get back to that, since it's pretty fun. ^^

Anyways, it's been lovely getting to know you! And it's really nice to meet you! Enjoy PC, and I hope you'll have a really great time getting to know our forum as you post! Anytime you'd like to talk, you're free to message me anytime! If you have any questions, feel free to ask as well! And of course, I'm always up for meeting new friends, so, feel free to friend request me anytime too. :3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hiya, Clarence! Welcome to PC. I've got a friend who really likes Touhou although I've never tried the game myself. It sounds fun though from what I've heard! Anywho, I'm definitely the opposite of you. I'm okay at mathematics but not a total whizz. Some areas I can cruise through, others are hard and some are alright. It must be an easy life breezing through Maths. Wish I had that ability. I enjoy studying history too, learning about the past is really fascinating. :]

We could do with more music lovers on this forum. I love playing instruments as well. Currently I'm playing the flute and piano. I did the violin at one point but interest kind of dropped unfortunately. Most other instruments are out of bounds for me due to braces though which kinda sucks. :(

Whoooa. Music, then languages? Damn, you are one talented person. Congrats on the trip to Russia! Hopefully you enjoy yourself there. I've never known what lies there but it definitely sounds like a good country! Hm the only way it could possibly be evil is if someone told you to walk across the whole land as punishment. Now that'd just be cruel.

Strange thoughts aside, I never really did competitive battling. I'm much more of a casual battler, honestly. However even though we don't often battle, you might want to check out PC's Battle Server. I moderate the place with a bunch of others so we'd be happy to help you out. If you can't find the link, there should be a thread about it in the Battle Center.

Anyway welcome to PC! You seem like a really interesting user so I hope to see you around often. Enjoy your stay. :D

Years
  • Hmm. What should I write here? That is the question. I'd like to make a nice first impression, but I suppose I can make my best impression once I actually start posting, huh?

Well I'll make a long post regardless, because I don't really have much else to do right meow. :P

Who am I? Well, I guess I'll start with that. My name is Clarence, Louisiana-born, half-Manchurian Chinese, half-Japanese. I'm still Clarence and Sino-Japanese, but now I'm a SoCalifornian. Oh, I'm fifteen and a half and a high school sophomore now too. I'm rather stereotypically skilled at mathematics, but an avid lover of history and geography besides. I no life on that [on Civfanatics too!] primarily, which is kind of sad, but oh well. :P Everything else in school is kind of boring to me. Oh, except music. I love music. I'm an OK pianist that's finally learned to love it. Non-academically, I enjoy, like an average American teenager, vidyer gamez. BF4, Minecraft, Civilization IV, Europa Universalis III, Victoria 2, and most importantly...

*Drumroll*

Touhou Project! :D

Like I said prior, I'm an active member of the Civfanatics forum, mostly on the NES subforum where we NESers take hold of nations in huge RP like games and all strive to be the most scientifically advanced/military powerful/diplomatically successful/derpy nation possible. It's awesome and not weird, trust me.

Random academical asides include music as stated above, random-Wikipedia-surfing [if you can call that academic], and languages. I love languages. Right now it's French, Mandarin, and Japanese, but Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, and German are next on my list. :D

RUSSIAN! WAAAAH I'M GOING TO RUSSIA IN THE SUMMER, IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! XD!!!

Randomness asides, those above are my main interests, excepting Pokemon, of course. ;)

Oh wow, I've played Pokemon for over half my life. Me being merely 15, that's not much of a statement, but regardless, I love Pokemon still <3. My first game was FireRed, I think, that I got in 2005, in English in the second grade. Then I got a Japanese Emerald, an English Emerald, a Japanese Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, an English Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, a French Platinum [lol], a Japanese HeartGold and SoulSilver, and finally an English White and White 2.

I swear it's not an obsession, and we're not uber-wealthy. I just got as many games as possible and begged my parents and and grandparents every year of my middle and elementary school life. :C And besides, I'm obsessed with Touhou, not Pokemon.

I rekindled my interest in 2012 with the acquisition of White and really just got back into it at the beginning of this year. I found out about Pokemon Showdown and was like 'Oh sweet this is cool, but I'm not going to spend much time on it...'

Yeah that didn't last long. I love competitive battling now, but only in NU for whatever odd reason.

Sadly [to me, not my grades and social life, who must be cheering with my decision], I haven't acquired a 3DS and thus X or Y. I'm adamant in my decision, however, cause as much as I want to play the games, I really couldn't care less about getting myself a 3DS. Better mooch on my friends' ones instead. >:D I play games primarily on my PC now, by the way.

Speaking of which, Gen 6 is so confusing to me. :C

Well, I suppose that's all.

No, wait. It isn't.

I forgot one thing. The most important thing of all.

Ampharos. I love Ampharos. My favorite Pokemon of all time has always been Ampharos.

Favorite type is Steel though. <3

Anyways, I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas and I hope y'all will have a Happy New Years as well!

Regards, Cap.
    Wow, you are fasicinating! I hope you have fun here, theres tons of cool people.

Back