• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey Everybody!

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread thing and all but it's good to meet all of you. I'm very into ROM hacking and emulation, but I don't really know how to start...I have some great ideas if you guys want to listen! I could give you an idea to create on {XD} Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Years
    Hello HazzmanHemmo! Welcome to PC!

I'll call you by Haze because it sounds cool. :) Another ROM Hacker, nice to see more joining these forums. If you're confused on where to go, check out the Emulation and ROM Hacking thread under Creative Discussions. There you may find things such as: Toolbox, tutorials, resources, team discussions and hacks made by other people. I recommend checking them out, and informing yourself to learn the basics of ROM Hacking. The moderators for the ROM section are DrFuji and giradialkia. Make sure to ask them any questions regarding that part of the forums.

If you need any help on some of the programs needed to start your game, feel free to send me a message. I can help you, by pointing out some useful basic programs to get you started.

Happy ROM making, I wish you best of luck.

Years
    Hey Hazz! Welcome to PC!

ROM hacking and emulation is really cool indeed. Like Negix said you should go check Emulation and Rom Hacking thread, you'll find a lot of things that will help you understand how it works.
    ROM Hacking is fun but don't forget about us, non-hackers! You'll find a lot of interesting threads besides that. Eheh!

I hope you have fun in here! See you around!

Seems like the Quick Storyline Idea thread would be a great place for you to start. That's where you can share your story ideas with our other hackers and it's certainly a great way to keep track of your thoughts. Why not leave a post there?

But yeah, as our wonderful members said, you can find pretty much any tools related to hacking in the Emulation board. There's also the ROM Hacking simple questions thread to ask away if you're not sure where a specific tool is or are a little lost with starting out, so be sure to utilize that if you're stuck. I can't help out much since I don't hack but.. there are plenty who do in Emulation, so that'll likely be your home here. You'll get it if you keep working hard and don't give up. Sticking with it is the most important thing. (^_^)

Hope you end up loving PokeCommunity as much as we all do and have fun! If you're confused about how something works here feel free to send me a message. A very big welcome to you, Hazzman.

Back