• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey fellow trainers!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Hullo all! I'm Rissole and I'm Australian!

I'll start with my journey. I started with Gold version, which to this day still holds a place in my heart. I'm not exactly sure when I got it, I think it may have been around the time of the release of it. I bought Silver as well, but I rarely played it, as it was more of a gift for my sister.

So as Pokemon games started becoming more popular, the Advanced generation was released! My friends and I battled competitively, though I didn't really know the basic rules of having a great team at that point.
    Anyway, I got Sapphire which I loved! Different from Gold, but a great experience. I remember my main team consisted of Sceptile (my friends had all chosen Torchic, but I wanted to be differenent haha), Kyogre, Latias, Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Yes I know it was a uber team, but like I said I was just getting the hang of competitive battling.

This continued in FireRed, with a team of Venusaur, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. This made me the second strongest out of my group, however I was using 4 (5 if you count Tyranitar) ubers again. I loved that game, and I believe I was only a couple of pokemon short of completing the National Dex. Also the game I caught my first Shiny, a Psyduck! :)

Than Emerald came out. Huge improvement on Ruby and Sapphire in my eyes. Loved the Battle Frontier. This was the first game I didn't want ubers. Saying that, I had Swampert, Typhlosion, Shiny Golduck from FR, and I can't actually remember what else I had as it was a long time ago.

Anyway, Emerald came out at the end of Primary School for me. Starting High School, Pokemon wasn't really the thing anymore, though some of my friends still played it. This kinda stopped me playing them, so when Pearl and Diamond were released, I didn't buy them. Mainly because I didn't have a DS, but when I did get one later on, I still didn't buy them just because I had lost interest. Anyway, the friend who was stronger than me still played Pokemon, and for some reason wanted my Sapphire, FireRed and Emerald to trade my Pokemon to his Pearl. I was fine with this, as I didn't play them anymore.
    What happened though is we had different cliques of friends, eventually stopped talking and weren't friends anymore. This resulted in him 'stealing' the games from me. When asked to give them back, he said no because I had given them to him to keep. I knew he was lying just so he could keep them, but there was nothing I could do. This was about 4 years ago mind you.

In between that time and now, I've played my only remaining Pokemon game, Gold, a couple of times still. Battery hasn't died so I'm still happy. Silver I still rarely play. And I do have the roms for most Gen III games, but it's just not the same as owning a gameboy cartridge.

So anyway, I randomly decided to listen to some Gen III music. This made me so nostalgic that I craved to play Pokemon again, so I jailbroke my iPod and put and Emerald Rom on it! I haven't played a Gen IV or V game, so I went to a store the other day to buy Platinum and HeartGold, but I could only find Black and White. Which is fine, but I'd rather have a look at Sinnoh, it's story and Gen IV pokemon before I move onto Unova.
    Anyway, some rom hack searching led me to this site, so here I am! Not sure how active I'll be, but I'll post from time to time. :)

Oh yeah, should probably mention my favourite pokemon is Typhlosion! I understand why everyone seems to love Charizard, as they started on Gen I. Same with those who started on Gen III and Blaziken.

Man I didn't think it was that long!

Years
    Hullo all! I'm Rissole and I'm Australian!

I'll start with my journey. I started with Gold version, which to this day still holds a place in my heart. I'm not exactly sure when I got it, I think it may have been around the time of the release of it. I bought Silver as well, but I rarely played it, as it was more of a gift for my sister.

So as Pokemon games started becoming more popular, the Advanced generation was released! My friends and I battled competitively, though I didn't really know the basic rules of having a great team at that point.
    Anyway, I got Sapphire which I loved! Different from Gold, but a great experience. I remember my main team consisted of Sceptile (my friends had all chosen Torchic, but I wanted to be differenent haha), Kyogre, Latias, Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Yes I know it was a uber team, but like I said I was just getting the hang of competitive battling.

This continued in FireRed, with a team of Venusaur, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. This made me the second strongest out of my group, however I was using 4 (5 if you count Tyranitar) ubers again. I loved that game, and I believe I was only a couple of pokemon short of completing the National Dex. Also the game I caught my first Shiny, a Psyduck! :)

Than Emerald came out. Huge improvement on Ruby and Sapphire in my eyes. Loved the Battle Frontier. This was the first game I didn't want ubers. Saying that, I had Swampert, Typhlosion, Shiny Golduck from FR, and I can't actually remember what else I had as it was a long time ago.

Anyway, Emerald came out at the end of Primary School for me. Starting High School, Pokemon wasn't really the thing anymore, though some of my friends still played it. This kinda stopped me playing them, so when Pearl and Diamond were released, I didn't buy them. Mainly because I didn't have a DS, but when I did get one later on, I still didn't buy them just because I had lost interest. Anyway, the friend who was stronger than me still played Pokemon, and for some reason wanted my Sapphire, FireRed and Emerald to trade my Pokemon to his Pearl. I was fine with this, as I didn't play them anymore.
    What happened though is we had different cliques of friends, eventually stopped talking and weren't friends anymore. This resulted in him 'stealing' the games from me. When asked to give them back, he said no because I had given them to him to keep. I knew he was lying just so he could keep them, but there was nothing I could do. This was about 4 years ago mind you.

In between that time and now, I've played my only remaining Pokemon game, Gold, a couple of times still. Battery hasn't died so I'm still happy. Silver I still rarely play. And I do have the roms for most Gen III games, but it's just not the same as owning a gameboy cartridge.

So anyway, I randomly decided to listen to some Gen III music. This made me so nostalgic that I craved to play Pokemon again, so I jailbroke my iPod and put and Emerald Rom on it! I haven't played a Gen IV or V game, so I went to a store the other day to buy Platinum and HeartGold, but I could only find Black and White. Which is fine, but I'd rather have a look at Sinnoh, it's story and Gen IV pokemon before I move onto Unova.
    Anyway, some rom hack searching led me to this site, so here I am! Not sure how active I'll be, but I'll post from time to time. :)

Oh yeah, should probably mention my favourite pokemon is Typhlosion! I understand why everyone seems to love Charizard, as they started on Gen I. Same with those who started on Gen III and Blaziken.

Man I didn't think it was that long!

Heya Rissole, you can call me Hikari.

And I see you are a fellow Australian, which is awesome.

I'm a 13-year veteran of the Pokemon series in general. My first game was Ruby, which I got back in 2003.

I have played 3rd, 4th and 5th Generation games, with 5th Generation being my fave.

As you can see with my avatar/sig, my fave Pokemon is Oshawott.

You should get Black or White, cos the story is epic, 5th Gen introduced so many interesting Pokemon and characters, it's a nice stepping stone for beginners and veterans alike and also cos Black 2 and White 2 are on the way!

The Pokemon Gaming sections look like the ideal place for you to start, I'm pretty active around there (not as often as Pokemon/Other Trivia).

Feel free to shout out a VM to me or friend request me if you want to chat to a fellow Australian Pokefan! I'm really fun to talk to cos I love to laugh.

Have a fun time and remember to contact a moderator if you need help!

- Hikari10, Crazy Oshawott Girl

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Hahaha hey Rissole, welcome! A fellow Aussie, nice to meet ya :). I UNDERSTAND YOUR USERNAME BECAUSE I'M AUSTRALIAN TOO.

I've actually never noticed this before, but I guess you're right - it does tend to be the final evolution of the Fire starter that becomes one of the most popular Pokemon in each new Generation. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Emboar in Gen 5, because I found him to be the most useless Fire Pokemon in the Poke-world :P

I love Typhlosion too though, he's pretty awesome. I think all Charizard has going for him over Typhlosion is that he looks like a poor man's Dragonite and he can fly :P.

I think you're right to play Gen 4 before Gen 5; Sinnoh is really cool and has a cool storyline and I think it's the best batch of new Pokemon since Gen 2, so that's all a plus :). But above all I recommend HeartGold because if you started playing with Gold then you'll be hit with so much nostalgia you won't know what to do with yourself :P.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Your intro was long, but that's a good thing! Lets us know all about you :). My profile is always open if you wanna leave me a message and have a chat, but otherwise hopefully I'll see you around :D. You'll love this place, it's really friendly and there's tons to see, so start seeing!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Wow thanks guys, it's good to see other Aussies! And the responses were pretty quick!

Will definitely try and get a Sinnoh game ASAP. I'm guessing Platinum is the recommended one to get?
    And I heard there were some major differences between Black and White, so I'm unsure which one I would get when the time comes. Any tips?

And yeah, I just love Typhlosion! Just reminds me of a big dog on it's hind legs, while Cyndaquil reminds of a cute puppy haha. Though I do have to admit Furret was my favourite at one point, and Wooper/Quagsire I've just always had a thing for, so I guess they would be my second choice.

Hiya, Rissole! Welcome to PC!

Another Australian, huh? We've got lots of members from there; looks like you already met some of 'em. :3 I'm a New Yorker myself, so sadly I can't fit into the group and say, "I'm also from Australia!" haha.

Competitive battling without EVs/IVs and such in mind are really fun imho, a friend and I battled like that many years ago. We really only used our favorites and didn't have too good moves on our Pokemon, but that's what made it fun~!

That stinks about your games being taken, but I can say I've shared a similar experience way back in 5th grade with a really rare card I had. x_x But yeah, super glad to see you've been playing Pokemon again! It's totally worth it, the games really are amazing still imo. Definitely get Platinum when you can, it's such a big jump from R/S/E graphics-wise. n_n

Anyway, I gotta admit I loved reading this long intro. Always great to get to know the new members. :D So yeah, hoping I'll keep seeing you around here, yes? If you'd like help, feel free to contact a moderator!

Back