• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey guys

Years
  • Hey guys,

My name's Jordan. You can call me that or: Jord, Jordo, Jordy, Jordi.

I've been a Pokémon fan for about 13 years now and started out watching the anime at 6am on an Australian television program called "Toasted TV" which has now been cancelled for many years. Not like I'd be able to get up at 6am anymore, anyway!

Thanks again.

Years
  • Hello Jordan and welcome!

Glad to see another Aussie here, I used to watch the Pokemon anime on Toasted TV but I apparently haven't as of late due to them tending to repeat Sinnoh too much, and no the show apparently hasn't been cancelled, they only like changed hosts or something but it's still there! And yeah I'm a veteran Pokemon fan like you are as well, as well as being a fellow Aussie so I bet we're going to get on really well.

Alongside what you mentioned, why not tell us a bit more about you? Like what's your fave Pokemon or fave Pokemon game? Because you might meet someone here with the same interests as you, given how big and diverse the community is. Anyways, I do hope you enjoy your time here and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask any of the more experienced members, or any staff members such as Cirno. Have fun and I hope to see you around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome Hikari!

I had no idea that Toasted TV was still running, haha. I used to watch Pokemon and then Naruto afterwards at 6:30, or at least that's how I remember it!

As for those questions...

My favourite Pokémon... hmm... that's kind of impossible to answer. In my Emerald save (of which I clocked up 1000 hours before having it corrupt at a Pokemon tournament where I'd win the brand new DS), I had the following:

Dusclops
    Walrein
    Camerupt
    Swampert
    Claydol
    Milotic

And I honestly loved all of them to death. My favourite Pokemon game would have to be Emerald, as said above, for my probably unhealthy play time. I actually got the game as a gift when my dad came home with a bunch of shopping. I took notice of the game at the bottom of the bag in its shiny box and smiled. My parents noticed and I pretended to be really happy about the chocolate cake mix. I ended up getting the game the day after and that's where my Pokémon Emerald adventures began.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hey guys

Chocolate... Cake...?

Hey guys

(CAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKECAKE)

Hey guys

*Ahem* Well, it's nice to meet you, Jordan! I really, really like your taste in your team pokemon; I really like Milotic myself, because of it's impressive art work, and it's amazing utility moves liiiike Mirror Coat, Recover, Hypnosis, etc. In my favourite Emerald team, I had: Blaziken, Milotic, Flygon, Gardevoir, Heracross, annnnnd Roselia. Emerald is such a good pokemon game, y'know? <3

Hey guys

I also remember watching the anime series on a program called YTV. Well, it still airs on YTV, but I remember the days where I was watching Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, and so on, while waiting for that Ice Cream truck to come around. Mmm, sweet memories~ Anyways! I hope you'll enjoy PC, and hey, anytime you want to have a chat, I'm all open to VMs and PMs!

Years
  • Tell me about it! The good 'ol days of watching the anime in the mornings was fun but really tiring. I remember watching in my parents' room before they even woke up since I didn't have a TV in my own room.. good times. Welcome to the forum, Jordan!

Emerald will always be one of my absolute favorites as well; it never seems to lose its replay value for me and it's my preferred Pokemon game to do challenges on. <3 Right now I'm doing a random Pokemon run in Sapphire hooray! I'm a little envious of you getting a Milotic in the third gen games since I swear it was impossible.. never did manage to evolve Feebas. :( It was too hard yet my best friend at the time managed to get two, urgh.

You seem like a huge Pokemon fan so stick around, you'll have a blast on PC! :D Let the staff know if you need anything.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums Jordan!!

I have many fond memories of watching the anime as a kid. :) I still watch it nowadays, but nothing will replace the fun times I've had watching it with my brothers on Saturday mornings. I'm actually now looking forward to the new series Pokemon XY whenever the dub comes out. Plus there's a special called Pokemon Origins which is based on the original games Red and Blue and will feature Red and Green themselves. It's looks so awesome and they reveal the English trailer this morning saying it will come out starting Novemeber 15!! I'm so pumped for that you don't even know. I have to agree with you on Emerald too. it's by far one of my favorite games. Hoenn is one of favorite regions and I love all the extra stuff in Emerald. I honestly can say I really digged the third generation games. We have a section for the 3rd Generation or Advanced Generation games so be sure to find it if you're interested in Gen III overall. But there's still a lot of other sections to check out such as the new Pokemon X and Y section. Honestly can't be more hyped for those games to come out in October, how about you?

Anyway really hope you get enjoyment out of these forums! We are a really fun place to be around with lots of nice people so hopefully you can. And as others have mentioned, there are staff members in blue, orange and red who can help you out if you just contact them. I'm always fine with chatting to see feel free to talk to me anytime! See ya!!

Back