• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey Hey Hey

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    Hello,

How is everyone?

I watched Pokemon back when it was released in America in 1999. I was a fifth grader back then and I remembered that it had a hold on my classmates and I. The first episode I saw was the one with Paras evolving into a Parasect.
    I have not seen this series since somewhere during the Hoenn region saga so I don't recognize the new generation Pokemon. I am an old man. lol

My favorite Pokemon are Charmander and Squirtle.

Nice to meet you.

Years
  • Welcome to PC!

I also got into Pokemon with the show. The first episode I saw was the one with the Squirtile Squad. Been hooked ever since! I also stopped watching the show after Hoenn. The show, in my opinion, got repetitive and the new voices annoyed me. I hear that the X and Y episodes are good though. Anyway, be sure to check out all the great sections we offer, including sections for the show!

If you need anything or have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Years
  • I'm doing great thank you, and hello there!

I got into Pokemon through watching the anime series as well, although unlike you and Toshiro there I still watch episodes from time to time, as probably one of the very few people here who can actually tolerate the new voice actors. And there's been some amazing stuff still happening after the point where you left, introducing two of my fave female companions in Dawn and Serena, and also Ash coming close to winning a League.

Given your fave Pokemon I assume Kanto is your region? I wouldn't be surprised considering the nostalgic connection it has to loads of fans. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time at PC!

Years
  • Not old at all! I got into Pokemon in 1999 too and was in 4th grade so it's been quite a while. We do have a lot of older fans from what I noticed including those who got involved in the late 1990s. Go us.

Welcome, Turtiathan. <3 Hope you'll have a good time catching up with the franchise.. there might be hundreds more Pokemon now but it's still awesome and the games are insanely fun. I also really love the X&Y anime series, huge improvement over B&W.

That aside, have fun and please do ask if you need help!

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    I'm doing great thank you, and hello there!

I got into Pokemon through watching the anime series as well, although unlike you and Toshiro there I still watch episodes from time to time, as probably one of the very few people here who can actually tolerate the new voice actors. And there's been some amazing stuff still happening after the point where you left, introducing two of my fave female companions in Dawn and Serena, and also Ash coming close to winning a League.

Given your fave Pokemon I assume Kanto is your region? I wouldn't be surprised considering the nostalgic connection it has to loads of fans. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time at PC!

Ash still hasn't won a league yet.>_>

Yep, I am one of those nostalgic types.
    However, I did notice the original three starters have mega-evolution forms now. I like the look of Mega Charizard. I am talking about the one with the blue flames.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    Not old at all! I got into Pokemon in 1999 too and was in 4th grade so it's been quite a while. We do have a lot of older fans from what I noticed including those who got involved in the late 1990s. Go us.

Welcome, Turtiathan. <3 Hope you'll have a good time catching up with the franchise.. there might be hundreds more Pokemon now but it's still awesome and the games are insanely fun. I also really love the X&Y anime series, huge improvement over B&W.

That aside, have fun and please do ask if you need help!

Yep. I guess Pokemon is becoming one of those cartoons that cross over multiple generations. The kids these days like it too.

It reminds me of Doraemon. It was around when my parents were kids and its still around among kids today.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey Turtiathan, welcome to PC :{D It's always great to meet other long-time fans of Pokemon (: I got into it around 1999 or 2000 too, with Blue and the anime, and have been a fan since. Squirtle is probably my favourite Pokemon, so even though it's been a few years, you've still got good taste ;D

Have you played any of the recent Pokemon games? I found that the recent Hoenn remakes were a great balance of throwbacks to the originals but still being fresh and introducing people to everything that's changed since then.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    Hey Turtiathan, welcome to PC :{D It's always great to meet other long-time fans of Pokemon (: I got into it around 1999 or 2000 too, with Blue and the anime, and have been a fan since. Squirtle is probably my favourite Pokemon, so even though it's been a few years, you've still got good taste ;D

Have you played any of the recent Pokemon games? I found that the recent Hoenn remakes were a great balance of throwbacks to the originals but still being fresh and introducing people to everything that's changed since then.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Yeah, everyone likes Squirtle. Some say its because the shape of his head is similar to that of a baby.{XD}

The most recent Pokemon game that I played was Pokemon Colosseum for the Nintendo GameCube. I have fallen behind with console gaming too since PS2 and GameCube were the latest ones that I owned.

Back