• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hey, maybe we should look at the manual!"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Sonic Rush.

Press keys to victory!

^ Because I followed the manual, I managed to go through the levels pretty quickly. All dem secret combos...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Man..ual? What is this...'man-ual' you speak of?

To be honest, I only read manuals to learn the basics such as controls, and even then most games have a tutorial, basically rendering the controls page more or less useless.

Years
I rarely read manuals anymore. Then again, there is barely anything in the manuals these days except the controls which can easily be found from in-game tutorials or menus.

They just don't make them like they use to where manuals were over 20 pages long.

droomph

weeb
Years
Oh…maybe this is why I suck at all games.

…wait, nope. I just have bad reflexes. ¬.¬

In all seriousness though, I don't really look at the manual because I find the actual game more…engaging. And experience is better than knowledge.

Years
I always read the manual before playing. These days though, and since I mainly buy 3DS games which have primarily digital manuals, I tend to just dive into the game. If I'm stuck with the controls or something, I'll check the digital manual.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I rarely read manuals anymore. Then again, there is barely anything in the manuals these days except the controls which can easily be found from in-game tutorials or menus.

They just don't make them like they use to where manuals were over 20 pages long.
Manuals just aren't the same as they used to be in the old days. The PS2/Xbox/Game Cube era was the last one that gave thick booklets about the game. Now they are typically just a few pages. First page tells you how to put the disc in and what the controls are, second page tells you about what's on the screen during gameplay, and the third pages tells you no more than a couple things about the game. Sometimes there isn't even a third page. I believe game companies started doing it to save money, not because there wasn't a demand for them. New games still cost $60, but because of the small game manual they make a bigger profit from each purchase.

Back