• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    So, I find myself with a lot of free time, i'm 18, but Pokemon is one of the few games from my childhood I still play, I buy every new game, but having recently discovered ROM hacks, there's a lot of good free and original games out there too.

I'd like to start ROM hacking for the GBA myself, any advice or resources would come in handy, thanks, look forward to getting acquainted!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hi there and welcome aboard, PokeSte! I've also been a huge Pokemon fan ever since I was a child, and it already became a part of my life, I still play it today and I'm actually proud that I've been a fan for over a decade now! So you've only discovered hacks by now? Then you just joined the right place to be honest, PC is known for it's amazing ROM-hacks, have you heard of Shiny Gold, rijonAdventures, Liquid Crystal, Ruby Destiny? If so, then they were all made in here, just a trivia that you might want to know about! ^__^

Anyway, the Emulation section is the perfect place for you if your really into ROM-hacking wherein you could find lots of hacks that you will surely enjoy. There's a certain thread in that board though that has a list of all completed hacks, so you might want to check that out. There are lots of progressing hacks over there but waiting a beta takes a lot of patience, but it's worth it if you come to think of it! :3

After playing lots of hacks, I'm sure making your own one would get you interested, if so, then you can go over the Tutorials board which is a sub-forum of Emulation wherein you can learn all the things that you must suppose to learn in order to start your own hack, the tools that can be downloaded over the Toolbox is also needed as well! You can pretty much find everything in here, whether that may be related to ROM-hacking or not, this is PC and it's not just a certain Pokemon board! :D

Anyway, you might want to explore the whole board, most especially the Pokemon gaming boards in which you can discuss everything about the games, whether that may be opinions, personal game play experiences or whatnot. If you ever get lost, Megan and I are here to help you out, so don't hesitate to approach us 'kaay? We don't bite so don't worry! ^__^

Read the rules and remember to follow it as always, with that you will just be fine here.

Have a greeaaat time here and see you around the board! o/

Back