• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Hello, I'm new here^^

Well my profile is technically quite old. But I totally don't remember when was it that I joined here, or anything, so consider me as new of a member than any other newbie.

Anyway.

Since this is an introduction thread I guess I should say something about myself, eh?
    Maybe you know me from some other sites. I tend to use the same or similar user name on sites.. But if you don't, here's some lil' info.

I am 14, and Pokémon have been part of my life ever since I remember (remember when I was like 3 or so years old and back then, Pokemon was actually on TV, dubbed Croatian, so..), and my love for them hasn't decreased since then.
    Although you may call me a genwunner, for I don't really like newer gens (4,5,6) except some exceptions (such as the latest 4 pokemon of gen 6, which remind me more of the 'old style'). Especially not the newer anime, but I haven't played any gen 4 games or further.

My first game of Pokemon was Emerald on an emulator (well technically it was some strange thing on a playstation or something, I don't even know how it was called, but it had some games in it like 'Run, Rattata, Run' and so, but I don't consider that a real game since you don't even start a journey or save, so..) Since then I have played FireRed (also on emulator), Sapphire (my brother's gameboy and game, but then he got bored of it), Colosseum (also my brother's, but he gave it to the other brother who got bored of it before purifying all 48 pokemon and gave it to me), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (both on an emulator and real gameboy, but that other one was German), and Gold (which I have started multiple times, but I'm currently doing my first real journey there - I finally managed to fix the battery so it doesn't randomly delete my save file anymore! Also my Gold -also previously my brother's- is French.
    I learned English with Pokemon (most of it, too; then continued on forums; now I'm the best at English in my class) and so I can tell from experience that Pokemon games are the best way to learn a language, or at least the main games are.

Besides Pokemon, I also like Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, art, animals (I have a bunny and a budgerigar, and at my grandparents' we have 2 dogs, a rooster, 3 hens -will buy more this summer-, and one of my brothers has 2 turtles -red sliders- as well as lots of fish (and at least 4 different tanks; not counting the turtles which live in a pond, and there's also a pond outside). He also breeds fish and sells them, currently it's plevicachromis -something), Digimon (mainly Adventure 01; I stopped watching when I figured Adventure 02 isn't as good, although I watched 02 all to the end), and nature. Though I'm a girl, I don't really care about my look, and I hate make-up and dancing (prefer climbing trees.. xD).

I am pan-Slavist, this means I support the unity of Slavs.
    I'm half Slovenian and half Croatian; I visit both countries regularly, going to school in Slovenia and spending the holidays, as well as most weekends, in Croatia at my grandparents'.
    I'm Catholic Christian, but I don't mind other religions as long as they respect mine.
    I have 3 brothers and a sister, all older than me. The second oldest of my brothers is the one from who I got some of my today's interests - such as liking Slavic nations, and Pokémon (except I still can't imagine my life without them, and he's not such a pokenerd anymore). The youngest of my brothers is the most annoying thing in the world who complains about everything I do (or don't do). The oldest brother (10 years older than me) doesn't take me seriously.. My sister is pretty awesome most of the time tho.

Guess that was a bit much, eh? I hope some of you still took their time to read this! ^^

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hello, lovepika! Welcome to PC!

Your story... Is extremely similar to mine. I registered for PokeCommunity more than two years ago, and had not started back up again until just several months ago. Pokemon has been the only thing I've ever stuck with my entire life. I love anime and manga, as well. I grew up learning four languages, and English was one of them. I definitely respect your religion -- Protestant Christian here.

Hacking Pokemon ROMs is what I do, and just like you, I've played many games on the emulator.

Here's the Emulation and ROM Hacking Section, just for quick reference.

If you ever have a question, feel free to PM or VM me or one of these fora's dear moderators.

Don't forget to have fun, and enjoy your stay at PC!

~Tosaka

Years
  • Your username is indeed slightly familiar.. but I've known a few people with "Pika" in their names, I think. Gosh now I'm getting all confused. 8( Welcome to the community, lovepika!

Indeed your account is old, wows! Better late than never to start posting here though, right?

But aw, it's no worries if you prefer the older gens. We have all sorts of people here, including those who never really played past the third generation, so that won't be an issue. The sixth generation Pokemon do look amazing though, right?! Are you going to get it, or do you just like the designs of the first few revealed Pokemon? Since you're a fan of the older Pokemon games I'm sure you'll enjoy boards like Metal & Color Generation and Advance Generation since they cover the first three generations. I'm pretty jealous of your Colosseum though, since I never really got the chance to play that, having no GameCube or Wii and all. But I guess there's always the future.. I do have plans to get a Wii just so I can play all of these amazing older games I've missed out on. Colosseum and XD are first on my list. :)

I have just one brother and he's a lotttt younger than me. Kind of hard to handle a kid so young (he's 7 and I'm 22) but.. what can you do? Personally I think I would've been better off with an older sibling. Glad you and your sister get along well, that's certainly better than some people! xD One of my best friends never got along with any of her four siblings until they were in their 20s, haha.

But thanks so much for this super long intro! I read it twice since it was pretty engaging, especially since I enjoy learning about our members. * * You certainly do have a lot to say so make sure to translate that into other already-existing threads! Looking forward to having you around the community. If you ever need help, feel free to drop off a private message!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Eheh, thanks for the warm welcome, I guess? ^^

@DeltaSalamence: I know there's a section for emulators/roms, in fact I found (or rather, found again) this site because I was google searching something about it (and tried to post a thread already, but I'm not sure how long does it take them to approve it..?) as I have a certain problem.

@Cirno: thanks for the welcome! Also if you think you know me from somewhere, name the site and I can tell you if I am/was there or not, and with what username.
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll get any pokemon games now.. Too much trouble finding them (or the consoles that go with them). Plus my parents wouldn't let me.. But it's okay at least I have what I have and roms (although it would be cool if I got a <i>real</i> FireRed or Emerald)...

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
    Years
  • Kinda the same story here! Whenever I tend to quit with Pokémon.. As far as that's possible, I still always come back! Hihi!
    Bad habit, nah don't think so! Pokemon was my entire childhood I guess!

Soooo warm welcome (back-ish) :D

Back