• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, wanna be a mod?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I never thought about being a mod before I got offered the position, so I didn't really have a chance to think about whether or not I'd accept it or not if I was offered it. But I'm glad I did, it's been a great experience so far :3 I'm glad I was offered Pokémon Clubs since that's the section I feel most comfortable in by far, but if I was offered it again for a different section then I'd like to try out Pokémon Trivia; I don't really think I'd qualify for anywhere else on the site though haha. The feeling of getting chosen was very intense though so I think it'd be very hard to say no, even if you go in thinking you'll decline the offer. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm sort of midway between 'I was never asked to be a mod' and 'was asked to be a mod' since I was sort of asked if I wanted to become a mod between being given the emblem and having my name turned to steel blue and having my name changed. Though it was more of a 'there's your emblem unless you don't want to become a mod'. Before that I never considered becoming a mod. Just someone who wanted to help out around the forum and especially Pokemon Trivia when it was somewhat of a train wreck.

Don't think I would want to become a mod of any other section. Not that I'm really active in any other sections to begin with.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I don't know. Depending on which forum I would mod? If it was Tabletop Games I would say yes, but all I do is lurk now so why would that happen. owo I've never thought of myself as the kind of person the hstaff are looking for so... Yeah. It's been a while since I've been active though so I might be wrong now.

Sir Codin

The commitment isn't really for me, plus I'd have to always watch what I say to the point of it becoming a neurotic fixation. I don't like censoring myself like that. Not to mention my current occupation prevents me from being on for most of the day.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No way. A smaller forum I was on made me a mod (without asking me first if I even wanted the position, mind you), and I ended up doing nothing with the position and just continued posting as normal. Then I had the head admin complain about me (to my face and behind my back) that I wasn't doing my duties as a mod, not that there was much modding to do with the relaxed rules and lack of activity there anyway.

So yeah, that experience pretty much soured any ambition of me wanting to be a staff member on any site. Plus I'm simply too lazy.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Before I would've said yes to Emulation in a heartbeat. But lol, I'm too inactive to even think about modding anymore. If they asked, I'd probably be on staff for like a week before quitting.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't think I'd accept the position. Not that I'd be offered in the first place. XD I do like this forum and I do want to help out, but I don't think I'd be doing my best as a staff member here if I were to become one. It would require me to be here several hours a day and have a vested interest in the forum, I'd assume, and I don't really spend several hours a day on the website as a whole, so I'd be a really bad moderator, to say the least. XD I still want to help out at the forums, which is partly the reason why I donated, but I don't think that being a moderator here would be the best thing for me or the forums.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I wouldn't do anything more than mod. As tempted as I would be to get promoted to s-mod because of the orange name I would probably decline. XDD Too much work after that. It really is something that affects your life as a whole, at least, that's what I've seen. Something about PC really affects people.

So yeah, I wouldn't think moderating ONE forum would be too stressful, but it would be enough to keep me busy.

Even though I'd enjoy it I would probably get fired for not knowing what to do with threads. XDDD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I could be encouraged to try. I ought to be good due to my time spent here and my objective temperament, but I might only be really comfortable with the GB/GBC section. I will not likely be modded anyway because one apparently needs to be filled with community spirit and whatnot.

Last edited:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • Would be nice, being a mod and all. Pixel Projects is my life. I live and breath it. But I wouldn't qualify being a mod, with me being new and all. I can't handle the responsibility, managing an entire forum and all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Assuming I weren't already staff, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I've been staff on PC for so long that being on forums where I'm not staff is really frustrating since I'll see things out of place and be unable to do anything about them. :P

My only problem on PC is that I'm not typically super active in any specific forums. When I was first modded, I was allowed to choose where I wanted to go and I ended up picking Other Anime (my favourite forum at the time) and Mixed Voting Polls (needed staff badly) so it wasn't a big deal where I was active... they just wanted me on staff haha. Nowadays I don't think I'd be in the running for anywhere... although, to be honest, if I were dedicated to the idea of getting onto staff, I probably would have latched on to a forum that didn't have an obvious staff presence and started to make it my own so I'd be noticed. *manipulative, whoo*

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Seeing as my reasons for quitting still hold up quite strongly to this, if I were asked again my only answer would be "hell no".

Even when I got accepted the first time after been wanting to mod Pokemon Groups for a while, I wasn't all that excited as I thought I would be. Everything was still the same anyway except I just got the responsibility to moderate a section in a Pokemon forum, which is not a good thing for me.

Modding is actually easy and not something that takes a lot of dedication if you personally ask me, and even if you make a mistake you're perfectly fine since the staff here isn't particularly strict unless you're a douche. (I was.) No, it just requires a lot of your time if you want to do good, but I don't like wasting time on something I realized wasn't really important or..."fun" to me. I don't particularly care about being an elitist either and use a bold blue name to look more professional than regular members. Modding is not something I enjoy or something I view to be an accomplishment.

Everything might have been different if I were asked two years ago, though. I would have the time and interest to take the job and done a much better job and cared more than during my 2 month period moderating last year. And if this topic was made two years ago I would have undoubtedly said yes. But right now, I moved on, and only think of this place as a time waster when I got nothing better to do rather than an escape from reality.

All in all, the reasons I quit are still the same reasons why I would decline. Not only do I view it as a big waste of my time, but I also don't really get along with the staff and unless it's summer, I have much bigger priorities like finishing high school, working out and boxing. If I wanna waste time or have fun, I would play video games or spend time with family and friends. So no, I don't like wasting time in a forum let alone modding it.

tl;dr (assuming there is someone who finds that long): I hate modding.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Yeah, if I didn't like modding, I wouldn't have accepted it or my subsequent promotion. It's fun, slightly challenging, rewarding and all of those other buzzwords that one expects you to use in interviews. Although I used to mod a load of places back in the day - Pokemon General, Pokemon Gaming Central, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Other Voting Polls - the only place I could even conceivably mod would be my old hangout of C&M. I've changed so much since my olden days, and that's only the real place where I can feel I can make a real difference.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'd legit turn it down. Modding's really not my thing. I'd just rather post without all the responsibilities that comes with being a moderator. Plus, I've got other priorities in my life that take precedence.

Plus, I only come back for like maybe two weeks every three to six months so what's the point? Haha.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
  • Oh, that depends.

If I got asked now, I'd definitely say no.
    I don't like working, I can be very good at it but only when I must do something.. or I really love doing something.
    At the moment there is no need for me to be a mod.. and I don't love PC enough to do it.
    Of course, everything may change someday, but that is the truth for today :P

Back