• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey! What do you think of the fifth Harry Potter Book?

linkslegacy89

The Legacy Resides Within
Years
  • Hey everyone!
    I was just curious...
    What did everyone think of the fifth Harry Potter Book? Comments, suggestions, etc.
    I am most interested as to your favorite scene in the book (particularly humorous ones...)
    I have to say, the "battle" near the end was fascinating!
    Yes, I know that the books were in stores in Late June. But I only joined about a month ago and I haven't had time... (Plus, I've only read the book in the past month, so... ;)
    Riad

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I read it and.. IT WAS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!

I read it as soon as it came out!!! ^_^

But why did my fav character die?!?!?! NOOO!! I luved him! :`(

*gets killed by Voldemort*

linkslegacy89

Years
  • LOL! It was a shame...

CaRtOON said:
    I read it and.. IT WAS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!

I read it as soon as it came out!!! ^_^

But why did my fav character die?!?!?! NOOO!! I luved him! :`(

*gets killed by Voldemort*
    LOL, Cartoon!
    It was indeed a great shame that HE died (I won't say who, as I don't want to spoil it for this who haven't read it...)
    But that Bellatrix! She's evil to the bone! Whew... I really feel sorry for Harry and Neville...
    I just had a question. So if either Harry or Neville were the "chosen ones", was it decided before hand? In other words, had Voldemort (Yes, I say the name!) gone after Neville, would he have had the power to vanquish Voldemort?
    I can't wait to see Bellatrix die! Who knew that she was the most brutal...
    Riad

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    He was my fav character ;_;

Anyways, I think.. If Voldemort went after Neville, I don't think he'd have the power. Neville's half squid! XD

lol @ Neville, he's so cool ^_^

I can't wait till Bellatrix dies too! Hee hee...

*grins and dies*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • @_@ I didn't like it very much. I mean, yeah, it was a great book, but it didn't live up to my expectations. And it was too long. o_o It's nice that Rowling is making her books longer which makes younger kids get more into reading, but she's taking too long to write the books, they don't seem to end, and they just seem... strained. I felt like reading the book was a chore rather than something fun. >_<;;

oO; The death was fairly quick, too. I'd forgotten about it and I got to the end of the book and I thought the whole death thing was a lie before I remembered who it was. XD

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    lol, I agree with u on the death thing. XD

I thought it was really fun, I absolutely HATED Umbridge!!! >___<;; She was so mean making Harry cut himself.. Ugh, I couldn't sleep after reading that..

Don't mind me, but I'm sensitive about cuts.. I got a sharp things phobia..

*gets cut up in pieces*

linkslegacy89

Years
  • Lol! No kidding...

CaRtOON said:
    lol, I agree with u on the death thing. XD

I thought it was really fun, I absolutely HATED Umbridge!!! >___<;; She was so mean making Harry cut himself.. Ugh, I couldn't sleep after reading that..

Don't mind me, but I'm sensitive about cuts.. I got a sharp things phobia..

*gets cut up in pieces*
    No Kidding!
    What also annoyed me was how little Dumbledore spoke (he didn't even look at Harry until the end!) That was so... Gah!
    yeah, i have to agree with you on the death. Too quick, but it was a bit humorous in a sense... (i still won't say who, in case anybody doesn't want to be spoiled... not that anyone hasn't read it, but all the same...)
    He yells to Bellatrix "Is that the best you can do?" or something...
    Then, the next attack hit him in the chest...
    Going back to Old 'Dore, he revealed everything WAY to late in the book. I mean, I know that it was supposed to be a concluding idea, but considering how long the book was...
    Oh well. I guess it's still great. I now admire Fred and George... they left with honor, dignity, and with a huge BANG!
    Riad

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I thought it was worse than all the others so far, with the possible exception of Chamber of Secrets. Not that it wasn't good, but it needed a good editor to take a pen to it and cut out a lot of stuff. It was too long and drawn-out, and that made it boring.

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    Good, although not as good as Prisoners of Azkaban.

*Spoilers*

It's good that Neville played a larger role. He's no longer the comical character. In fact, I believe his role will grew increasingly important in the next two books.

linkslegacy89

Years
  • yep..

Strider said:
    Good, although not as good as Prisoners of Azkaban.

*Spoilers*

It's good that Neville played a larger role. He's no longer the comical character. In fact, I believe his role will grew increasingly important in the next two books.
    Yeah. I think Rowling was expecting us to figure this out or something. I mean, wasn't the very first question you had about Neville was why he never talked about his parents (refer to the first book where he describes how he was brought up) or why he always seemed to be a "victim" of many things? I felt so sorry for him...
    So, just to clarify; if Voldemort had gone after Neville, he would have been the chosen one, right? so the chosen boy would turn out to be the one Voldemort tried to kill?

linkslegacy89

Years
  • Sniff...

Ron Stoppable said:
    I liked it.... I just wish Sirius didn't die :'(
    Sirius was my favorite character...
    Sniff...
    But the book was still excellent...
    Also, what did you think of "Snape's Worst Memory"? True, it was funny. but still, even so... As much as I am fond of James... That was just mean...
    Riad

Rayquaza

Champions Of The Sky
    Years
  • We in holland have the book since a month. I buyed it the first day, and could help to have it finished after 3 days..this book is the best so far I think

-Rayquaza

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • Well. A kid I know read it and he sad that it was long but pretty good! But I'm not into HP any more so. I don't think I will read it. But I will see the movie for it!

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • I loved that book a lot, however all the books seem to follow the same pattern.
    Oh yeah, and about Sirius......I'm not doubting that he died, but she just can't end him like that. I have a feeling.......we'll hear more about him in future books....he may come back or he may not, but I'm positive that's not the end of him for the books.

Back