• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Hey everyone, my name is Jake, Jay or Jacob, whichever you fancy! So here's a little about me:

I've been playing Pokemon since the days of the mighty gameboy, and have played one game from every gen apart from black and white, but my favourite of all time is HeartGold due to the huge postgame and wide array of things to do!

I joined this forum because I was looking for somewhere friendly and welcoming to casually talk about pokemon, and also I'm looking to get into competitive battling and figured I could do with a community like this to draw advice from!

I hope i'll get to know you all soon :-)

Years
  • You've come to the right place. 8D Welcome to PC, Jake, great to have you aboard.

HG/SS were really great games and without a doubt fantastic remakes so they're some of my favorites as well.. just wish the PC and battle animations didn't move so slowly. But remakes-wise my favorites are OR/AS for sure, have you played through those yet? Not as much post-game content as HG/SS but still a pretty good remake of the original Ruby and Sapphire (I think).

Awesome to have old-time Pokemon fans as well. n~n I started with R/B myself so many years ago and am still going strong. You'll have many people to discuss things with here so be sure to stick around and continue getting involved! I'd be down to chat anytime if you're interested. Shoot me a message whenever and cheers!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    You've come to the right place. 8D Welcome to PC, Jake, great to have you aboard.

HG/SS were really great games and without a doubt fantastic remakes so they're some of my favorites as well.. just wish the PC and battle animations didn't move so slowly. But remakes-wise my favorites are OR/AS for sure, have you played through those yet? Not as much post-game content as HG/SS but still a pretty good remake of the original Ruby and Sapphire (I think).

Awesome to have old-time Pokemon fans as well. n~n I started with R/B myself so many years ago and am still going strong. You'll have many people to discuss things with here so be sure to stick around and continue getting involved! I'd be down to chat anytime if you're interested. Shoot me a message whenever and cheers!

Thanks for your kind welcome!

I picked up Alpha Sapphire last weekend for nostalgia's sake, and I have to say it surpassed my expectations, and I am absolutely loving revisiting Hoenn!

Years
  • Hello and welcome aboard, Jake! Nice taste in Pokemon games you have, HeartGold & SoulSilver have a lot of fans given how well done these remakes were, capturing the nostalgia of Johto while still feeling new at the same time.

Also, how are you enjoying Alpha Sapphire? I plan to get OR/AS for Christmas (but there's a chance it may be later than that given how lazy my family is with gift shopping) and catch up with everyone else here, and Hoenn happened to be where I started playing Pokemon games (I played the original Hoenn games when I had only just turned 11) so playing these remakes will bring so many memories back. Which starter did you choose? Or what's your fave part of the games so far?

Have fun for now, and hopefully I'll see you around soon! There is so much you can discuss whether it'd be in various sections or with fellow members, and I'm always open for a chat so leave a message on my profile whenever you're interested. Cheers and enjoy your day!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Hello and welcome aboard, Jake! Nice taste in Pokemon games you have, HeartGold & SoulSilver have a lot of fans given how well done these remakes were, capturing the nostalgia of Johto while still feeling new at the same time.

Also, how are you enjoying Alpha Sapphire? I plan to get OR/AS for Christmas (but there's a chance it may be later than that given how lazy my family is with gift shopping) and catch up with everyone else here, and Hoenn happened to be where I started playing Pokemon games (I played the original Hoenn games when I had only just turned 11) so playing these remakes will bring so many memories back. Which starter did you choose? Or what's your fave part of the games so far?

Have fun for now, and hopefully I'll see you around soon! There is so much you can discuss whether it'd be in various sections or with fellow members, and I'm always open for a chat so leave a message on my profile whenever you're interested. Cheers and enjoy your day!

- Hikamaru

Again, thankyou for your kind words of introduction! I assure you, having only played OS for a few hours, the game is enchanting, and i'm sure will absorb much of your time! I chose Torchic as my starter as I find a fire/fighting Blaziken rounds out my team well, as well as a great mega evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to PC, Jake; we're happy to have you with us! I hope you like it here and enjoy every one of your visits.

Like you, I've also been playing Pokémon since Game Boy generation. My first game was Blue version, which was given to me by my father as a present for Christmas. I've loved playing-through; each and every moment were precious, at least in my eyes. The game was rather addictive. Second game I was able to get my hands on was Yellow, then Red, and afterward, it would be Silver.

Which title would you say you're most fond of, off all the ones you have played? For me, it would likely have to be Emerald version; found it to be a lot entertaining in general, and have gone through about six to eight play-throughs with it. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are second, X and Y would be third, and fourth are HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Welcome to PC, Jake; we're happy to have you with us! I hope you like it here and enjoy every one of your visits.

Like you, I've also been playing Pokémon since Game Boy generation. My first game was Blue version, which was given to me by my father as a present for Christmas. I've loved playing-through; each and every moment were precious, at least in my eyes. The game was rather addictive. Second game I was able to get my hands on was Yellow, then Red, and afterward, it would be Silver.

Which title would you say you're most fond of, off all the ones you have played? For me, it would likely have to be Emerald version; found it to be a lot entertaining in general, and have gone through about six to eight play-throughs with it. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are second, X and Y would be third, and fourth are HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Thankyou for your kind welcome! My favourite title would certainly be HG, simply because the game is huge, and maintains a good difficulty level throughout!

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PokeCommunity! Can I call you some special? Jackycob? I combined all the name your provided.. LoL!

I started playing Pokemon somewhere in 2005 when Pokemon Emerald was released. Since than, I'm a big fan of Pokemon.. Hmm.. you should try Pokemon Black and White as it have one of the best graphics. Anyway, do you have Omega or Alpha? What starter do you have or are you going to pick?

I'm not a competitive player but.. good luck battling with others!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

HG/SS were amazing, no? I especially liked the little Pokewalker they packed in with the games! The GB Sounds was a nice little addition too; I love 8-bit music, so I was delighted to see that in there.

If you're interested in Competitive Battling, you might want to check out the Battling & Team Building board - that has everything you'll need to get started, and it's a great place to get your teams rated and tested as well! If you're up for casual talk...don't be shy! We're a pretty big and friendly community with a wide variety of people, so there are bound to be some people you'll get along with :3

Anyways, if you ever need anything, or just want to chat, feel free to VM or PM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Back