• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey everyone! I've been lurking here for a while but I figured it's about time I actually post something and become a part of this community. I'm, Jasper, 17 and studying bassoon (a woodwind instrument) and music composition at university. I also have a certain degree of programming skills, having ROM hacked in the past with my focus having shifted to programming from scratch now. Besides that, I'm interested in linguistics and, besides doing occasional research on a bit of every language on Earth, speak Dutch and English fluently, with a decent level of French and German and the basics of Icelandic. My first Pokémon game was PMD: Blue Rescue Team, after which I got Pokémon Diamond and from there on into the main series. My schedule is fairly busy overall so I won't be too active, but I'll be popping up every now and then and knowing people is always nice. I think that's about it for a first post, thanks for reading!

Years
  • Hello Iasper, and welcome to PC! It's been a long time since I've heard of a bassoon, and each time I hear of one I automatically picture something akin to a saxophone! (Something as wide, but I think they're smaller?) But anywho!

Very interesting interests; I've always wanted to master a foreign language (particularly Spanish) but my memory and study habits are rather poor so it's easy for me to fall short. I will someday, but for now I admire anyone who can catch-on, hah. Even with being busy I'm sure you'll enjoy being able to relax, relate and discuss around here and I truly hope that you will! :)

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
    Years
  • Looks like I was the only one that was lurking around namelessly...

Anyways, Welcome to the Community Iasper... even though you could probably say the same for me. I've always wanted to learn another language, but I've just never got around to doing it, granted I can speak a little bit of Spanish and I know some words in other languages, but I'm just not fluent in anything other than English. I've always thought the Mystery Dungeon games were fun, even though the last one was disappointing compared to the earlier games (I still enjoyed it, but I just thought that there was a bit that they could've improved on). There's also nothing wrong with being busy. Life can get in the way and the higher priorities come first. It's easy to understand.

Once again, welcome to the community. Enjoy your stay.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Hey there Lasper! It's very nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy your time here ya? That's awesome you play the Bassoon though. How long have you been playing it? Also yey mystery dungeon. <3 My personal favorite from the MD series is Explorers of Sky. ^_^

Well, I hope you enjoy what this forum has to offer. Hope to see you around. c:

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Suicune said:
    It's been a long time since I've heard of a bassoon, and each time I hear of one I automatically picture something akin to a saxophone! (Something as wide, but I think they're smaller?)
    Actually, compared to the typical alto saxophone, a bassoon is much larger and also more narrow. Its tessitura can be compared to that of a baritone saxophone and a bass clarinet so it's around the same length, if that helps.

ElectroJoe said:
    I've always thought the Mystery Dungeon games were fun, even though the last one was disappointing compared to the earlier games (I still enjoyed it, but I just thought that there was a bit that they could've improved on).
    My main problem with this game was that it felt like it ended too early. The storyline was over too quickly and from then on there's not really anything innovative to keep you playing.

Lapis said:
    That's awesome you play the Bassoon though. How long have you been playing it?
    Since I'm going to my second year of university from September on, I guess that's 8 to 9 years? On a minor side note, it's Iasper with an i, but you're definitely not the only one making this error so no worries :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    Hey lasper nice to meet you! Im new here as well. :P just wanted to say hi!

HI!

Years
  • That's insanely awesome - I love languages but learning more is probably out of my zone by now since I'm busy with life obligations (and hobbies). Fluent at English and Russian though with minor understanding of French and Japanese.. so that has to count for something, right? :D;

Lovely to meet you, Jasper! ♥ We'll be glad if you pop in even occasionally, better than nothing at all for sure haha. Have a lovely experience on PC.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    GameSmartt said:
    just wanted to say hi!
    Hi!

Sheep said:
    Fluent at English and Russian though with minor understanding of French and Japanese.. so that has to count for something, right? :D;
    Generally speaking, being fluent at two languages is already an achievement lots of people will never get, so it's definitely worth being proud of, especially with your understanding of French and Japanese :)

Thanks for the welcome again!

Back