• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG and SS and DSi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2009
    Hey guys Im new here and I was just wondering about Soul Silver and Heart Gold, will there be any extra stuff if you have the DSi? Because all I have is a regular DS Lite, and I really dont want to get the DSi when Soul Silver comes out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2016
    There is nothing extra if you play HG/SS on the DSi. How can I prove this? I HAVE SoulSilver!

Esmas

General
    Years
    No, you don't get anything extra, and you might even have less features on a DSi, because of the removal of the dual slot mode. BUT, I have a DSi and a Lite to compare, and the quality of a DSi is much, much better than a regular DS/Lite (in my opinion anyway). It seems like the definition is much better, the screen is somewhat bigger and the backlight is a bit stronger. I seem to like the smoother gameplay that the DSi offers.

But if you want to use the dual slot feature, then I suggest you stick with your Lite, or keep both DS's at your side, which is what I do.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.My advice? Get a DSi bundle (they usually come in them a month after release).Keep your Lite. Lite shows GBA better than GBAsp. DSi shows DS better than Lite.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I have all three and i go retro DS original all the way guys i like my brick i see no difference other than better picture and that dont bother me much on my ds lol i like my ps3 to be clear not my ds

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back