• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG Elite 4 Team help

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
  • This will probably be my lineup for the elite 4 in heart gold unless there is a better pokemon or two I could switch out.

1. Typhlosion-lv. 55

• Lava Plume
    • Flamethrower
    • Flame Wheel
    • Swift

2. Ampharos-lv. 55

• ThunderPunch
    • Discharge
    • Signal Beam
    • Charge

3. Gengar-lv. 55

• Shadow Ball
    • Hypnosis
    • Dream Eater
    • Destiny Bond

4. Gyarados-lv. 55

• Ice Fang
    • Dragon Rage
    • Surf
    • Hyper Beam

5. Aerodactyl-lv. 55

• Iron Head
    • Crunch
    • Fly
    • Ancient Power

6. Tyranitar-lv. 55

• Earthquake
    • Stone Edge
    • Crunch
    • Dark Pulse

I was thinking that maybe I could switch out my gyarados or tyranitar for a Dragonite. Please help me with my team. Thanks very much.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    If you want to just fight the elite four and beat them, then you should just stick with this team. Get rid of Dragon Rage and Surf on Gyara, and give it Earthquake, Ston edge, Rock Side, Waterfall, (If you already have it). Ditch ancient Power on Aero, and give it Rock slide, it should do better. Otherwise the rest are fine.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
  • It's best to get a Bug and Psychic type. Both those types alone kill the Elite 4. Ice types will destroy Lance's Dragonites. Rock and Electric eradicate Gyarados and Charizard.

Your Ampharos will do well against Will and Karen. Gyarados' Ice Fang will help a lot against Dragonite. Oh, and sub in Surf for Waterfall. I suggest getting an Alakazam.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
  • What bug and psychic type should I use?

Scyther/Pinsir and Alakazam. You're Ampharos knows Signal Beam, though so, you probably won't need a bug type. You just need a Psychic type move or Pokemon. Alakazam's your best bet in that department, though you could sub in Hypno if you wanted to.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    destiny bond is bad choice: HI-RISK, HI-RETURN/HI-LOSS!
    teach nightmare or smthing

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Use moves based on which stat of the pokemon is better(IE if the attack stat is better use mainly physical moves)
    ditch dark pulse of tyranitar
    ancient power on aerodactyl
    switch surf to waterfall on gyarados, ditch hyper beam for giga impact if you want a move like that
    and on gengar ditch destiny bond for sludge bomb(STAB) or psychic(for bruno)

Back