• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    hi, i need to know, where do you get to find suicune?
    and if steven said about latias, how do u find latios?

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Latias is exclusive to HG. Latios is exclusive to SS.
    To find Suicune, you need to see it north of Cianwood, east of Ecruteak, on the way to Vermilion from the ship, Route 14 (east of Fuchsia City), then if you defeated Misty you can find it on Route 25 (Cerulean Cape).

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    hi, i need to know, where do you get to find suicune?
    and if steven said about latias, how do u find latios?

Latias for HG and Latios for SS is right, as far as the roaming version of said Pokémon. Just adding that whatever Lati@s you catch by talking to Steven outside of the Pokémon Fan Club, you can catch the other as an event Pokémon once the event becomes available.

The event has you receive an Enigma Stone key item through Mystery Gift, which you then take to the museum in Pewter City. After all of this, you'll eventually get a chance to catch the Pokémon you didnt get to catch before (meaning if you have HG, you can get Latios through this event).

Of course, this event needs to be active first, and it hasn't been announced for the English version of the games yet, so we'll have to wait on that~

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Baoba always called me whenever I exited the TR Hideout in Mohagany after Lance and I took out the 3 pokemon each...

How do you EV reset in HGSS? I cannot find the resetting berries...(can anyone reset for me if not possible on HGSS?)

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Baoba always called me whenever I exited the TR Hideout in Mohagany after Lance and I took out the 3 pokemon each...

How do you EV reset in HGSS? I cannot find the resetting berries...(can anyone reset for me if not possible on HGSS?)

From the looks of it, you have to trade them from DPPt to get them. Just plant them in the Berry Planter, and have fun.

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Battle Factory help!

i got past the 1st 14 battles but i need a guide to go on because battles 13 and 14 i almost lost! i can reward you if you help!

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Ah... Alright, Im Too Afraid to use Items in Multiplayer as Some one can use thief and steal it. Is That True?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years

Pomeg (HP)
    - Give a Red Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Beyond the Sea routes of the Pokéwalker

Kelpsy (Attack)
    - Give a Blue Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Beyond the Sea routes of the Pokéwalker

Qualot (Defense)
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Big Forest routes of the Pokéwalker

Hondew (Special Attack)
    - Give a Green Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Big Forest route of the Pokéwalker

Grepa (Special Defense)
    - Give a Yellow Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia

Tamato (Speed)

All EV berries
    - Held by various Pokémon in Amity Meadow route of the Pokéwalker

Without the Pokéwalker (or other games to trade from), Qualot and Tamato are the only ones you should have trouble getting.

i got past the 1st 14 battles but i need a guide to go on because battles 13 and 14 i almost lost! i can reward you if you help!

Er, are you talking about the Battle Tower? o.o Not sure what you mean by "1st 14 battles"...
    Whoops, I never read the titles of posts. xD Battle Factory...don't know anything about that, so ignore me please. -.-

Ah... Alright, Im Too Afraid to use Items in Multiplayer as Some one can use thief and steal it. Is That True?

Any item switches that occur during trainer battles (in-game or against real people) are not permanent. The only time you'd lose the item forever is if a wild Pokémon took the item...which sucks, so be careful~

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Yeah, you only lose that item for that battle. (multiplayer) There's no reason to be scared about having your pokemon hold an item.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    How long does it take for the Pokeathlon to reset so you can start buying certain items again?

Second of all, chronicles of the mysteriously dissapearing Entei icon part 2. A while back I asked in this same thread if you can't see the Entei icon does it mean it is in the same area. Later we assumed that it simply meant that he was in Kanto. However the little bugger is not showing up on either side of the map. Any ideas why?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    How long does it take for the Pokeathlon to reset so you can start buying certain items again?

Second of all, chronicles of the mysteriously dissapearing Entei icon part 2. A while back I asked in this same thread if you can't see the Entei icon does it mean it is in the same area. Later we assumed that it simply meant that he was in Kanto. However the little bugger is not showing up on either side of the map. Any ideas why?

I believe the items available for purchase at the Pokéathlon Dome reset each day (at midnight)?

As for Entei, sometime he (and Raikou) dissappear from the map - it is just him moving about, as sometimes he goes away and then comes back. He will never appear on the Kanto side of the map - that's where Lati@s roams.
    Yeah, the roaming 'mons just... go away sometimes. It's nothing to worry about. :D

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Just adding that sometimes, on certain smaller routes, when roaming Pokémon actually are on the same route as you, your icon may completely cover the icon of the roamer. If you think this is the case, you will notice a white outline around your icon, which is the outline of the roamer~

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Can I get some advice here? I am torn on whether or not I should teach my Lugia fly. I orignally use a dragonite that I traded from pearl for fly but I'm getting tired of it being on my team. My Lugia is lv.49, bold nature and knows extrasensory, aeroblast, dragon pulse, and hydro pump...if I am to delete a move, which one should I delete?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Would someone be able to trade a wondercard from an event even if the event is over?
    Oh and be able to trade it through wifi.

VM me please if you want to help me test it out :D
    -I'll be off right now though.

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Can I get some advice here? I am torn on whether or not I should teach my Lugia fly. I orignally use a dragonite that I traded from pearl for fly but I'm getting tired of it being on my team. My Lugia is lv.49, bold nature and knows extrasensory, aeroblast, dragon pulse, and hydro pump...if I am to delete a move, which one should I delete?

hydro pumps has the worst accuracy, id toss it

my lugia:
    extrsensory
    fly
    aeroblast
    dragon pulse

lol we think alike lol

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Would someone be able to trade a wondercard from an event even if the event is over?
    Oh and be able to trade it through wifi.

VM me please if you want to help me test it out :D
    -I'll be off right now though.

Wonder cards cant be shared the only one ever sharable was the japanese secret key event on platinum

Back