• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    cacturne moveset:
    needle arm
    faint attack
    payback
    ingrain

and i wanna teach it sandstorm since it has the sandstream ability. i wanna delete either faint attack or payback, idk which. faint attack never misses, was useful against double team users in the frontier, and my cacturne is level 53 with 73 speed which is kinda slow, so payback is useful. which move should i delete?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    cacturne moveset:
    needle arm
    faint attack
    payback
    ingrain

and i wanna teach it sandstorm since it has the sandstream ability. i wanna delete either faint attack or payback, idk which. faint attack never misses, was useful against double team users in the frontier, and my cacturne is level 53 with 73 speed which is kinda slow, so payback is useful. which move should i delete?
    What are u saying ??...Cacturne can't have sand stream ability and even if it does via hack it automatically summons sandstorm..no need of the move
    I guess u meant sand veil...in that case i'll suggest removing faint attack...sandstorm will also raise your evasion so it'll be even...Also 100 Base power is awesome for a dark type move since u mentioned it's quite slow..

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    What are u saying ??...Cacturne can't have sand stream ability and even if it does via hack it automatically summons sandstorm..no need of the move
    I guess u meant sand veil...in that case i'll suggest removing faint attack...sandstorm will also raise your evasion so it'll be even...Also 100 Base power is awesome for a dark type move since u mentioned it's quite slow..

yea i meant sand veil lol. and faint attack it goes.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    Hey I have a question concerning my Johto Pokedex.
    Where can I find Chikorita and it's evo's.
    I need them to complete it.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    in the online trade room, what does the different colored ground mean? one is green, other is yellow, and have their own monitors

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    in the online trade room, what does the different colored ground mean? one is green, other is yellow, and have their own monitors

each page in your Pal Pad
    you dont have to be on a certain one to trade/battle ith them, but you do need to be on a certain one,to veiw their stats.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    This may have been asked already, but is there anyway to simply give away your Pokemon? I read that it can't be done on Gen III games, but I wasn't sure if it was the same for Gen IV because I see giveaways all the time.

In other words, can I make a one-way trade?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    anyone know of a good place to train a dratini pretty fast? Jynx too? (don't have to be the same place) they're both around lv. 20-22

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    This may have been asked already, but is there anyway to simply give away your Pokemon? I read that it can't be done on Gen III games, but I wasn't sure if it was the same for Gen IV because I see giveaways all the time.

In other words, can I make a one-way trade?

by giveaways, they just mean theyre tradin pokemon for free, as in just for junk pokemon

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Misty gym leader. Action replay codes conflict...
    Hello guys... i used this action replay code to get all the bag items for my pokemon HG and it worked just fine.. the thing is that it gave all th items including the missing machine part... therefore when i go inside the power plant the fat dude just takes the part and gives me the TM signal beam or whatever is called..
    the bad thing about this is that the event that i have to catch the thief, the rocket grunt that hid the machine part on Misty's gym does never occur and because of that i can never fight mysti....
    Can anyone come with a solution to this.. or maybe with a code that deletes all the items in my bags? i will really help

If you are on an emulator or R4 or something like that, you can hack your save file to take it out of your bag by downloading pokesav HGSS (No$gba will require a sav converter). If you're on the real game and don't have a way to access the sav file, you can still use pokesav to create an action replay code that gives you all items EXCEPT the machine part.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    anyone know of a good place to train a dratini pretty fast? Jynx too? (don't have to be the same place) they're both around lv. 20-22

Jynx is good for training on Route 45, South of Blackthorn City. I'm training mine as well. My Dratini I trained a bit of everywhere, but maybe some good places would be West of Ecruteak and around the Lake of Rage.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
    I can't make a decision on this very easily... where should I train my team in Soulsilver? It's very balanced, and it could probably beat the Elite Four in another ten or so levels, but I need to beat them quickly. Does anyone know where I can train my team up to around level 50? My first thought was Victory Road, but I'm looking for other suggestions as well.

Also, where can you find TM15 (Ice Beam) in Soulsilver besides buying it at the Game Corner? I absolutely can't stand that pathetic excuse for a Game Corner.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Does anyone have a guide to get to mewtwo? I'm ready to face it. I'm lost in the maze.
    Have a video - visual version are always handy I suppose. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyydlPyR7aQ

I can't make a decision on this very easily... where should I train my team in Soulsilver? It's very balanced, and it could probably beat the Elite Four in another ten or so levels, but I need to beat them quickly. Does anyone know where I can train my team up to around level 50? My first thought was Victory Road, but I'm looking for other suggestions as well.

Also, where can you find TM15 (Ice Beam) in Soulsilver besides buying it at the Game Corner? I absolutely can't stand that pathetic excuse for a Game Corner.
    Another way is via trainer rematches on the phone - you can wait for them to call you or call them as many times as you like for battles during specific time/day periods for each trainer - here's a link saying when you can do that for each trainer. https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

And I believe that you can only get Ice Beam from Seafoam islands which is in Kanto so it's the Game Corner or no TM for the Elite Four. =/

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Have a video - visual version are always handy I suppose. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyydlPyR7aQ

Another way is via trainer rematches on the phone - you can wait for them to call you or call them as many times as you like for battles during specific time/day periods for each trainer - here's a link saying when you can do that for each trainer. https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

And I believe that you can only get Ice Beam from Seafoam islands which is in Kanto so it's the Game Corner or no TM for the Elite Four. =/

you can always trade online...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    If you're good with egg moves, it's kind of easy to breed Ice Beam in HG/SS since you have a nearly guaranteed Lapras once a week. It learns IB at level 32, so as long as there's a way to chain breed it onto the target Pokémon, you're in luck.

But if you're trying to get it onto an existing Pokémon then you might not be so lucky.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    My feraligatr is lvl 71 and it's learning Hydro Pump
    it's moves are
    Crunch
    SuperPower
    Blizzard
    Waterfall

which should I remove? Waterfall is physical so I have no idea

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    My feraligatr is lvl 71 and it's learning Hydro Pump
    it's moves are
    Crunch
    SuperPower
    Blizzard
    Waterfall

which should I remove? Waterfall is physical so I have no idea

I say either crunch or super power, so it can have 2 physical & 2 special.

hard choice still

Back