• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lapras won't outspeed Salamence, no. However, you could use Ice Shard to get a priority hit there.

Dark Pulse - Find it in Victory Road, or, surprisingly, buy it in Celadon Department Store!

I'm glad you asked, as I never knew that!

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Dark Pulse - Find it in Victory Road, or, surprisingly, buy it in Celadon Department Store!

I'm glad you asked, as I never knew that!

Cheers for that!
    =D
    I did try Serebii but they don't say where the TM's are...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not if you were sent out into Salamence's Intimidate.....and you'd need a +Attack nature and lots of Attack EVs (stuff it full of Protein).

My advice: Make it bulky, teach it Ice Beam. Good chance it's a 2 hit knock out.

Years
    I recently trying to catch entei. I've been following it around with my pidgeotto and then when I look at my map again it vanished. My entei's health has a red indicator and it is asleep. So I was wondering how do you get entei to show up on your map again. Then when I turn my game back on it still vanished.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    If it's vanished then it is probably in the same route as you (or, if applicable, Raikou). I suppose it could also be somewhere that your map wasn't showing, as Johto is now so big you need scroll to see the routes by the Safari Zone. Oh wait, the part I was thinking of is actually Kanto.

Alternatively you killed it and didn't notice.

Last edited:
    Years
    I didn't kill it. The entei is back up. Ok something weird happen. Right now I'm on route 13 and I'm fighting a guy with a pikachu on its back. The suddenly I saw a level 65 magikarp. Is it possible to have a level 65 magikarp. I killed the magikarp with my haunter that is level 44 using shadow ball. A month ago that live guy recently gave away free pokemon. I made a request for free shiny dogs. Few days later I receive 3 legendary dogs that are Japanese and it shiny too. Is it possible to have a Japanese legendary dogs and it is shiny. I read on the forum that one guy got a hacked kingdra from him. Ever since then I haven't heard from him or he hasn't post online. I think I got hacked. Thanks.

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    That's normal. There is in fact a Pokefan with a level 65 Magikarp on Route 13. I have no idea what you say after that, though there is an event that gives you three shiny dogs.

Spoiler:

Years
    Is there proof. But my shiny dogs doesn't have an English name for it. The names are in Japanese. The level is around 30. There it makes more sense now.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    What HMs do you need in order to get into Cerulean Cave?

Also, which legendary should I use my masterball on, if any? (If not I'll save it for the first shiny pokemon I find in the wild)
    Latios
    Mewtwo
    Raikou
    Entei
    Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I didn't have any trouble catching any of the legendaries in the game (except Latios, who is still uncaught). If anything, use it on a roaming Pokemon. No point using it on a Pokemon that doesn't move around (I caught Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and Ho-Oh in Pokeballs). That, or just keep it for a shiny, or use it on the last legendary you're going to catch.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    What HMs do you need in order to get into Cerulean Cave?

Also, which legendary should I use my masterball on, if any? (If not I'll save it for the first shiny pokemon I find in the wild)
    Latios
    Mewtwo
    Raikou
    Entei
    Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres
    Well pretty much I would save the masterball for the legends that flee. It isn't hard to catch the birds, and Mewtwo. I use Dusk balls (Which are so damn good) when catching legends in caves and also at night. I have caught all legends on HG with only Ultra's and Dusk Balls so I still have my original masterball.

Just use it on the legends who flee since most people have trouble with those more than the stationary legends.

Cerulean Cave requires Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb and TM70 Flash.
    Actually all I needed was Rock Smash, and Surf.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Yeah, I'll probably use it on Raikou if my Dusk Balls fail, cuz it won't be caught in an Ultra Ball. I cought Entei in an Ultra Ball already. I haven't even tried catching Latios yet. I'll try though to save my MasterBall for the first wild shiny I find. If it happens to be one of the legendaries, so be it.
    Is there anywhere I can buy Seals in the game?
    In a double battle, if you have two Pokemon who know Stealth rock, can you set up two stealth rocks at once from the two Pokemon?
    I believe not, just one stealth rock should effect ALL Pokes that go onto the field.

Back